Sign in to follow this  
bethan sommerfield

why is it WE want worthy out?

why do people sine ''WE want worthy out'' when its not all the fans wanting him out??!!

if you looked 2day when people sang ''stand up if you want worthy out'' not even half stood up!!

the song should be ''I want worthy out'' then that way it isnt speaking for all the fans, just indaviduals!!

The fact is that a huge amount of people did stand up today. A major problem is that people in the opposite end of the ground to the Barclay are never going to protest. Alot are families and kids who are never going to do anything, the middle of the city stand is mainly posh people wh owon''t protest, alot don''t know whats going on at that end and are just watching the game. Not every fan is the sort to stand up and shout in games. Some at the other end wouldnt have stood up because people around them are families etc, and so they dont want to be on there own looking stupid.

Bethan - in the words of John McEnroe, ''you cannot be serious"!

If you were at the game, you would have been pretty dense not to have sensed the feeling of anger and frustration at half time. I sit in the Wensum Wing of the City Stand - not known for its riotous nature! - and the invective was staggering. A good 60-70% of people around me were either booing or chanting ''Worthy out''. Even at the end of the match, the MAJORITY of supporters around me were saying that our performances (including today) have not been acceptable.  

What the Board is struggling to grasp, whilst burying its head in the sand, is that the atmosphere amongst the supporters will only revert to its united front AFTER Worthington is no longer the Manager. If they can''t see that after today, they breally are clueless. 

we ALL dont want worthy out do we?? so you shouldnt sing for other it makes it sound like every1 does want him out but they dont!! and if they really want him out they shouldnt think they look stupid standing up!!

and hughes... do you think that having 20odd thousand people shoutin at him is gunna boost his confidence?? no didnt think so

Many many people have had enough of this incoherent imbecilic manager, I don''t think whether you stand up or not is much of a measure to be honest, I find talking to people seems to be a more reliable guide ...I also don''t care whether Andy Hughes has his feelings hurt or not...he is simply not good enough for this club, as he has demonstrated repeatedly week after week since August... 

I think half the fickle idiots are worried about the cold when the blanket falls off there legs. Why am I responding anyway to such a stupid post. I am depressed after this dark day and am getting sick of this whole mess. Years of building a good fan base is now in danger of being destroyed.

I wasn''t standing up as my head was in my hands having seen such an awful display. Absolutely hopeless today and many of the normally quiet folk around me today were shouting various comments at the fool of a manager. He has to go, surely everyone can see that.Having said that the board of directors obviously can''t as he would have been gone by now.

[quote user="bethan sommerfield"]

we ALL dont want worthy out do we?? so you shouldnt sing for other it makes it sound like every1 does want him out but they dont!! and if they really want him out they shouldnt think they look stupid standing up!!

and hughes... do you think that having 20odd thousand people shoutin at him is gunna boost his confidence?? no didnt think so

[/quote]if you take the chant in it''s literal sense, it does not say "we ALL want worthy out."it says "we want worthy out" - id say the collective of people singing constitutes a we. would you like us to change it to "we (the people that are singing) want worthy out"? the chant is implicit only of the fact that those singing aka ''we'' want worthy out. it does not pretend that all the fans want worthington out. shouldnt you be revising for your 11+ anyway?

why do people sine ''WE want worthy out'' when its not all the fans wanting him out??!!

if you looked 2day when people sang ''stand up if you want worthy out'' not even half stood up!!

the song should be ''I want worthy out'' then that way it isnt speaking for all the fans, just indaviduals!!

[/quote]

answer me this, where were you and your worthy fans chanting Worthy''s yellow green army??

I would love him to sort it out, sign some TALENT and make the play-offs, but he aint gonna do it he is gonna have us HOOFING it as he has done all this season and as he has advocated in the press....

Why he doesnt see this is beyond me???  he is stuck in his hole and he is bringing us all down with him...

[quote user="Silver Canary"]More than half want him out - they are just to lazy to stand up.[/quote]

That is actually true, I just can''t be bothered to do anything at the moment. I nearly fell asleep during the game and that''s not a joke, there was no excitement. Even after that third goal I was just looking to see how long we had left, there were people around me who didn''t even turn up purely because it was boring

I think you are right.It seems to me that people are becoming numbed by the tedium of it all.

Living,as I do,abroad,and only managing to get to one in four games,I suspect there are going to be regulars on this forum who feel my view is not valid.Clearly I am unable to keep completely up to date on all aspects of life at Carrow Rd,but rather than it all melting into one,what I see is regular "snapshots" when I do attend games.The thing that has depressed me this season has been that on each and every occasion I''ve been ,things seem to have got WORSE(not better).The hoofing tactics appear to have got more entrenched,Worthington''s selections /tactics appear to have got more bizarre,the players appear to have become more disillusioned,and because of this the fans appear to have become more lacklustre.

The last game I attended was Preston ,away,a couple of weeks ago,and this was ,without doubt,the most inept City display it has been my misfortune to witness in many a long year.To go for a full 90 mins without having a single shot on target was shameful.It was then compunded by this gem from Worthington......" it was one of our better away performances of the season".The mind boggles!

Like a few others,I fear that yesterday''s result will serve only to paper over the cracks.Without endorsing it completely,I can see where people are coming from when they greeted the win with cynicism.All it will mean is that the board will continue to cluch at straws,when it is obvious that a root and branch clearout is what is needed.IMHO,the ENTIRE midfield needs an overhaul(with the possible exception of Youssef).The signings in this department have been a joke(Hughes,Etuhu,Robinson),and can Worthy be the only one who who cannot see we are not exactly playing to Earnshaw''s strengths?

Much against my better judgement,my son has persuaded me to continue with the season ticket next season.It costs me a lot of time and money to attend City games,and,at present,I can see no evidence that ,come August,it''ll be well invested.

The reason its a ''WE'' Bethan is that its a collective pronoun (I think, anyone with a language degree) which applies when more than one person shouts but does not indicate an all inclusive membership for people in the crowd, merely all thouse signing the chant.  Having any group all shouting  I want worthy is simply grammatically incorrect.

[/quote] 20 odd thousand people shouting at Hughes? Think about that statement.

well, actually, i personally think that nearly all his signings since then have been spot on. he''s just failed to get the best out of them.

Do I now have to start singing I love you Paul Mcveigh? Not sure I''d feel too comfortable and I think my wife may have questions to ask as well!!!

Something I finally agree with you on Kolin - I do not think worthys signings have been disasterous (eg Hughes would be an excellent signing if he wasnt a first team shoe in but a squad filler)  its just the manager has failed to use his tools as effectively as he could.

Which is why this season has been so hard to bear -  these players should be being utilised to at least make us competetive each game - Jones had to face less shots that Gallagher did;  and that is a feature of this season repeated game after game after game - even the Brighton team defeated 3-0 have more efforts on goal than we did... 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Something I finally agree with you on Kolin - I do not think worthys signings have been disasterous (eg Hughes would be an excellent signing if he wasnt a first team shoe in but a squad filler)  its just the manager has failed to use his tools as effectively as he could.

Which is why this season has been so hard to bear -  these players should be being utilised to at least make us competetive each game - Jones had to face less shots that Gallagher did;  and that is a feature of this season repeated game after game after game - even the Brighton team defeated 3-0 have more efforts on goal than we did... 

[/quote]

i''m glad you agree. i think the only really bad signing he''s ever made was briggs. and one or two pointless loanees. but who knows, maybe briggs might have turned out good if he''d actually played him. for that reason, i cannot agree with all these people who are claiming worthy has ruined the club. yes, he''s made a lot of mistakes, but the infrastrusture at our club is still geared towards success. the question is whether worthy can make the most of this infrastructure.