Sign in to follow this  
Canary4life

Who needs Robert Green

Well i would just like to say after the display i saw at the last home game  we no longer need green.As he has become to big for his boots and belives he his bigger than the club no player is bigger than the club.This is all after the way that after green finally released a ball wit his hands instead of kicking it long this was met by ironic cheers.His reaction was what shocked me and his gesture to the crowd in another way of saying f off.But i was amazed at the ability of gallacher and the world class saves he pulled off against Qpr and if green was to go and norwich city recieved a substaintal amount of money for him i would be more than happy wit such a good goalie in Gallacher.

Yes I agree it is time to move Green on but I feel he deserves far more respect than you are giving him. He has been an excellent home grown player who has always given his best. He needs a fresh challenge and as Norwich fans we should be praising him for all his efforts.

exactly how i feel

well said

His gesture, his body language and everything about him says it all, watch him during the warm up, he is so stubbon

i say we get rid of him, and use the money to bring in a decent right winger!

Gallacher was amazing in goal, and pulled off an number of world class saves! His kicking is better, and he also was constantly looking to play it quick and short to his defence after collecting the ball.

and..... he probably has a better chance of saving a penalty!

What has to be understood about Greeno , is that he`s  been  on the look out for a move for nigh on two years !  and , in my book , that equates to a player  not interested  in the club thats paying his wages ...   I think the club should lower their asking price  for him , to, maybe , 1 million , or thereabouts , otherwise we`re stuck with a keeper  with a bad attitude  , Gallacher is a very good  keeper , and should have  been alternated with Greeno  far sooner  than this !

I was amazed he was still at the club this year, as evidently he feels he needs to be elsewhere.  The problem is that the last two seasons, and Gallaghers belated run, have both proved what I suspected all along, HE IS NOT THAT GOOD.

[quote user="Canary4life"]Well i would just like to say after the display i saw at the last home game  we no longer need green.As he has become to big for his boots and belives he his bigger than the club no player is bigger than the club.This is all after the way that after green finally released a ball wit his hands instead of kicking it long this was met by ironic cheers.His reaction was what shocked me and his gesture to the crowd in another way of saying f off.But i was amazed at the ability of gallacher and the world class saves he pulled off against Qpr and if green was to go and norwich city recieved a substaintal amount of money for him i would be more than happy wit such a good goalie in Gallacher.[/quote]

can anyone really say greeno would be missed? i think not, gallacher showed yesterday that he is ready and able to step into greenos shows and besides greeno hasnt played his best since the promotion season. I think we should cash in on him while we still can, spend the money on some much needed outfielders.
we dont need to buy another keeper, if we keep gallagher and have him at number 1 and have joe lewis as our number 2 we will be sorted.

I think that Robert Green has been a great servant for the club but rather than it seemingly being a case of happy to be getting rid of him, I think we should be happy for him to move on.  I feel he has gone backwards as a goalkeeper in the last year or so and a fresh challenge would be good for everyone.  I like the look of Gallacher so far but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, he''s only played 2 games but I do like the idea of Gallacher and Joe Lewis battling it out for the goalkeeping spot next season with a bit of money from Green to be spent on the rest of the team. 

Gallagher has a couple of good games and suddenly is a hero and Greeno should be sold.

If Gallagher was so great, why is it that no-one came in for him this summer when the club said they would let him leave for free.  Even his old club Dundee didn''t want him back.

He may be a good keeper, I don''t know but it''s fair to say that 2 games in not enough to determine it.

green does not represent the future of this club since he would be out like a shot if anyone actually thought he was worth his salt in the prem. i hope, even if he is fit, he is benched or left out to play gallacher - at least give hima  chance to show what he can do