Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Brucey Boy?

Whats the chance of steve bruce as the Norwich Boss after resigning at Birmingham and bringing Sutton with him in the Summer then?

I know worthy has to go first!

Went to game today..... Nearly left at 74mins Gone.

Just because we won, doesn''t mean its cured the same old mistakes and lack of ideas.

Earnshaw was begging for the ball to his feet all day. We just kept passing the ball along the back four and then banging it up front.

It was so Boring. QPRs goals were good. If it wasn''t for Gallagers excellent save it would have been 3-0.

Do You think that worthy would have resigned if we had lost 3-0?

Its sad but true .... I was laughing when we scored the 3rd. Its like ....''oh well thats saved worthy again''!!

Cheers All

I would love Steve Bruce to be our new manager but as you say we have to get rid of Worthless first and Bruce needs to leave Brum!

We probably have to lose most of the Board as well to create the right situiation. Nice idea though!

Probably more chance of getting Sutton and that''s in the ''very unlikely'' category.

No thanks, the only way to go is to get a young coach with fresh ideas who has a good track record in the lower leagues of getting teams playing with minimal resources

Damn!!!!!!

Maybe he will resign?

I know brucey has some pride and will do the right thing, unlike worthy who will stay until kicked out!

Or maybe thats the birmingham dreaded vote of confidence?

We will see!

Cheers

See my post elsewhere - info I have is that this possibility is being actively considered but is the second preference at the moment.

Steve Bruce for City manager? No thanks. I think he''s yet another example of a manager with their best days behind them (like Worthy).  As others have said before, every manager has his shelflife, which when he comes to the end of it you need to get rid and look for somebody new. If I was to compile a list of NCFC managerial candidates, Steve Bruce would be no higher than 20th on it.

No way!

Shelf life yes.... every manager has one... but with their current club.

Worth maybe great somewhere else, but at Norwich he can''t inspire the players no more. Hes run out of ideas and the players privately have lost confidence in him as a manager.

There''ll never say it though!

As for Brucey ... Hes got them promotion, hes got them to a club final (i Think) hes kept them in the prem for about 3-4 seasons. But like Norwich and a lot of clubs in the Prem low half, with no real money, its bl**dy hard to stay up. Wigan and west ham maybe alright this yaer but next season is another struggle again. With the exception of Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal everyone else if they start the seson badly can be sucked into trouble.

So Brucey is not a crap coach by far! Just like 10-15 other clubs in the prem its hard.

Oh well we''ll never get rid of worthy and birmingham will never sack brucey. So whats the point anyway!

Cheers All Again!!!!!

i would not like bruce as manager, his signings this season have been poor and that is why his club find themselves in the position that they are in today. i have never hought he was a good manager, he is better than worthy but not by much.
Did i hear something about shearer? now that guy i wouldnt mind.

Steve Bruce?  No thank you, everyone moaning about hoofball have obviously not watched Birmingham lately, on Sunday against Villa they were terrible, lumping long balls forward to Sutton and Heskey and trying to get knock downs off that.  Yes Worthy''s time is up but lets not go to Steve Bruce

There is no way I would want Bruce as City manager.  He has spent a lot of money at Brum and most of it very poorly.  Millions of pounds spent on the likes of Izzet, Forsell and Dunn, players that have had a history of injury problems.  Then he blames injuries for the position he finds his squad in!  It doesn''t take a genius to figure out Forsell may have a few injury concerns, especially when it was Bruce who sent him back to Chelsea after injury ruled him out of nearly an entire season last time out.

Add to that £6m spent on Heskey, a £1m loss on Pandiani only six months after signing him (and a similar loss with Gronjkear last season) and playing your son when it''s clear he is rubbish gives me the impression that he is not the man for the job.

Personally I don''t think we should ever go for a Manager who has either been sacked or left a club because of poor results. Always leaves me with a doubt about him. Great player though he was here Brucie''s not the next Manager for us in my book. Very poor signings (£6m. for Heskey - you''re having a laugh), hoofball tactics (did you see them on Sunday against Villa), playing his favourites (his son) and signing players with well-documented histories of injuries (Forsell). Heaven help we would ever employ a Manager with those shortcomings.