Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

Worthy Out supporters - you're a disgrace

I''m glad this post seems to have polarised opinion , I thought it would.

The main points I was trying to make were -

During the 90 minutes its only right to support the 11 players wearing the shirt and not disrupt the game with negative chanting and,in particular,singling out individual players for abuse.Protests and chanting against the manager should be reserved for before and after the game.If you''re turning up hoping the team lose,dont turn up - the board will,in the end,respond to banks of empty seats.And as for cheering an opposition goal , surely there can be no

The atmosphere at present is not making Norwich City an attractive club to join for prospective signings and the similar applies to the players of talent that we wish to keep.

I am in total agreement that the performances this season are not acceptable and that the style of play has degenerated to the old style Wimbledon tactics (but without the playing staff to make it effective).I also agree that this seasons signings (midfield in particular) have been an absolute let down.

I was playing devil''s advocate a bit with the amount that it will cost to remove the manager but unfortnately,Jas,the performances these players have put in probably dictate that no-one will want them and we''ll be forced to get rid on free transfers , thus meaning we would have to pay up their contracts (a la Brennan) so hopefully you can see where I am going with that.

And, Nigels Tic-Tacs ,I have no intention of giving up on the club I have supported for over 30 years,through thick and thin,travelling 1000''s of miles in the process and investing a large chunk of my earnings in doing so.I''ve definitely seen them lose a lot more than I''ve seen them win but I''ve ALWAYS attended in the hope that we''ll win and never disgraced myself in the way that some others saw fit yesterday.

You seem to know the lot Maverick perhaps you should be our next manager. Did you write that load of c--p during the match for your afternoons entertainment?

WORTHLESS OUT

I think you miss the point - this is what is necessary to get rid of Worthy! You have to do whatever it takes. You should join in - the more that do, the sooner it will be over - otherwise it caould last well into next season and relegation becomes inevitable and the bord finally see sense.

[quote user="huck tastic"]

Damage already done eh? How do you know? Have you spoken to ''the likes of Halford'' personally? Of course not...And fickle compared to who? Leeds? Wolves maybe? What a joke... 

Ambitious footballers will come here firstly if they are paid enough and secondly if they think the club has the potential to go up, end of story...and its hardly the least attractive place in the world to live either is it? Oh, and anyone with so little self-belief  that they are worried about being ''the next Andy Hughes'' we can probably do without anyway...

Get some perspective...

[/quote]

In my area I get the chance to talk to the supporters of half a dozen different clubs and can glean the views of them on the current situation at Carrow Road so I hear their perspective as well as holding my own. I do feel that I take a reasonable perspective and not a narrow-minded approach.

Whether the area is attractive to live for footballers is a very personal thing and not something that you or I can answer for. Footballers have varying requirements from nightclubs to schools, countryside to metropolis etc.

I have heard Greg Halford and Freddy Eastwood interviewed and asked the obvious questions and am only repeating the jist of the answers they gave. They felt that Colchester and Southend supporters were great and were not all sure about Norwich (when asked). Now I can see that they would ''big'' up their own supporters but their comments on Norwich in January were telling - and that was before things got this bad. So unless either of them have already signed pre-contracts ......

Also I can assure you that I have been told directly by West Ham fans and other Club''s of our comparison with West Ham fans. I wouldn''t lie because I am appalled by it!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Chunky - banners are forbidden by the club (from Doncaster no less, confirming that they represent an unacceptable fire hazard and are likely to inflame crowd trouble... which judging by the Snakepit exclusion when the worthy out chants started is likely to be true) so we cannot take that route - I am aware of fans having such banners confiscated at home games already this season.

If the fickle fans can voice displeasure during a game it amazes me that the same fans cant give up their pint time to protest either pre- or post match to make the same point more forcibly without affecting on pitch performance.   

[/quote]Wasn''t aware of that!  Seems rather over zealous to be honest.  I''ve only been to away games recently and though the atmosphere is poisonous there seems to be no real energy behind this except on this board!I''d join in before and after a game, and at half time, and sign any petition, but during the game I try to support my team.  I''d be lying if I said I didn''t stand up and shout abuse when I''m not happy but I guess only the other fans hear that.OTBCChunky!

Does anyone remember two years ago, when we often came from behind to win a game? Don''t remember the boos ringing out then.

Perhaps if the more picky amongst us could accept that this season was dead and buried by October (injuries, bad signings, appalling petulant behaviour by spoilt fans making things worse for a team which consisted of only 4 players who started in the Prem), we could have lifted the pressure off the boys and got on with it. But we''ll never know will we? Some people seem determined to destroy this club. Well I hope you''ll be proud of yourselves when Delia takes her money away.

Maverick, best post of the season mate.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]your entitled to your opinion, but i will do what ever it takes to get rid of this poor excuse of a manger.......................
funny how a bit of abuse and worthy out chanting always kicks the players into action. maybe this is an approach worthy himself should try...........
[/quote]

So how exactly is booing Andy Hughes going to get rid of the manager?

Thinking that the pathetic chanting ''always kicks the players into action'' is typical of the WOs. They actually believe that their pathetic demonstraations etc are making a difference to the way the club is run, when all it is really doing is dividing the fans and wrecking the atmosphere in the ground.

To the Board and the Fans.Take a look at yourselves and think about what you are doing to your club. WORTHY OUT is  a given, but what about our players. Micky Spillane, Jarvis, what are we trying to do to these guys. Dont destroy what we are trying to create. Fustration with Worthy is causing an unstoppable build up of hatred which will damage the club more that Worthy himself. Will the Board please wake up and recognise what is going on hear. Everytime Worthy opens his mouth on the radio he pours petrol on the fire with his innane comments, for goodness sake keep him off the radio if you want to try and get some control back. Most of the Barclay Lower and Snake Pit were chanting against our own Club yesterday. These are great fans and they dont do that for fun. Please Delia and the Board dont sit back and play Nero!

And so is your post, lets just let the board and players do what they like then and keep taking our money for damaged goods. We are doing a lot more than you to help this club and getting behind the club no matter what is a load of Crap. I feel that this situation is now getting messy through the board failing to deal with a desperate situation. I for one will not sit down and allow this to go on and have my right to make my feelings known. We the supporters have bitten our lips long enough and to call the chanting etc... a disgrace is a disgrace in itself. I say more shame on you for being treated like a door mat.

The situation is gonna get far worse!!

from where I was sitting the players most definitely did raise their game when the worthy out chanting started.  I have witnessed poor performance after poor performance this season with the crowd keeping quiet.  This is the first home game when the crowd has really got on the players and the managers back and the players did respond, anyone that thinks otherwise wasn''t at the game.

I also love the way all the KTF fans feel it is okay to insult those that boo''ed with personal insults basically calling them rabble and thick.  Not one of the people that agree with the protesting have stooped so low.  By the way I was not protesting, because like others think the 90 minutes should be about support, but at the same time if a paying fan is not happy with what is obviously a poor show then he/she has every right in the World to express his/her disappointment and no other fan or board member or staff member has any right to tell him/her not to.

The fans put far more money and effort into this club than any board member or manager, so why should they be told to keep the faith when things have been so obviously bad for so long.

Nigel has always picked players when better options are available to him and never seems to give decent new signings a proper chance unless they run about like nutters ala Hughes.   He also regularly proves he is tactically naive, 1 upfront for the last how many away games? when we needed to win every game to get in the playoffs!!!!

Helveg dropped after 2 matches - ridiculous.   Svensson held out of the team by McKenzie - effort but little skill.   Jarrett not given a chance, but performs wherever else he has been given a chance.   Etuhu only now getting a chance and did show some of his potential, but as always the chance is  too late.  Safri not played for a large part of the prem season when we all cried out for Holt to be dropped.  Charlton the dwarf preferred at centre back over Shackell who has never looked out of his depth since getting in the team.  Johansson benched week n week out when he plays really well up front and is the ideal candidate to be on the end of the hoof ball we so love.  Doc bought in as a striker and not played in his best position properly until this season.  McVeigh always having to fight for his contract even though he is second only to Hucks in the skill and creativity stakes and again Hughes starts when he is available.Anyone seen Zeshan Rehman?   Charlton gets to sit on the bench even though he has announced he is leaving??!!?  WTF?   I heard Colin is back in training butdidn''t even get on the bench, but agian Charlton who is leaving is?!?!  I say again WTF?  He prefers to play left backs in midfield - Brennan and Charlton, when he has 3 new midfield signings - Jarrett, Etuhu and Robinson!!!

Stuff like this has gone on for the last 3 seasons, Nigel doesn''t have the managerial nounce to pick the best players for the best positions in the best formation for the opposition, he proves that regularly.  The fans have put up with this for so long that they have every right to start to boo and jeer and call for his head, especially as we have nothing to play for this season and letters don''t get infront of the right people in the right quantities to make any impact.  Unified action is the only thing that gets noticed and I think the fans did the right thing.

[quote user="Scooby"]

You seem to know the lot Maverick perhaps you should be our next manager. Did you write that load of c--p during the match for your afternoons entertainment?

WORTHLESS OUT

[/quote]

Well done , mate.

A thoughtful and measured argument.No need to ask whether you thought it was clever to cheer the opposition and shout abuse at Hughes on Monday.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

I''m not saying we haven''t been rubbish this season - we have at times. But cheering for the opposition is not the answer. the board have got the message - if Worthington doesn''t deliver next season he''ll be gone - I''m certain of it. So any more idiotic behaviour won''t further your cause, it''ll just make everyone think you''re a bunch of complete braindead muppets.

[/quote]

As will the transfer budget, most of our highly paid players and any chance we have of getting promoted within the next few seasons at least!

And incidently, I have been a member/season ticket holder for the last 8 years so I have witnessed some bad times as well as the good. Things aren''t as bad now as they have been but they could and should be so much better.

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]your entitled to your opinion, but i will do what ever it takes to get rid of this poor excuse of a manger.......................
funny how a bit of abuse and worthy out chanting always kicks the players into action. maybe this is an approach worthy himself should try...........
[/quote]

So how exactly is booing Andy Hughes going to get rid of the manager?

Thinking that the pathetic chanting ''always kicks the players into action'' is typical of the WOs. They actually believe that their pathetic demonstraations etc are making a difference to the way the club is run, when all it is really doing is dividing the fans and wrecking the atmosphere in the ground.

[/quote]

funny, every time worthy opens his mouth and comments on how pleased he was with an inept display it winds many fans up including me....  His strange selections, signings and tactics...   Sometimes the anger just gets too much.....  what more can you say - a fair few people blew their tops on monday.

[quote user="NavMan"]So some supporters will do whatever it takes to get rid of Worthy - I tell you what - carry on like you are cheering when the opposing team scores and it won''t only be Worthy who possibly leaves - Huckerby has already expressed his disgust at what happened when QPR scored - I tell you what why dont you just bugger off and support those teams cos I am sure the boys in Yellow and Green dont want you.[/quote]I''ll tell you why because I am allowed an opinion and just because it''s different to yours you throw your toys out of your pram......So all the worthy outers leave and don''t come back, so that just leaves 5 or 6 thousand in the ground then.............. I have supported this team for a very long time now, and will do what it takes. If you , huckerby or worthy don''t like then why not bugger of to the SC*M up the road where the quality of football is the norm.

[quote user="Silver Canary"]

"Yes you are definitely right, it was an unnacceptable performance - certainly for the first half - and, as I say, good luck to the protests if they are carried out in a civilised manner. Yesterday wasn''t, and if those responsible think that they are helping the WO cause then they are more delusional than they seem."

So in what way do you think that they harm the cause? Answer please not personal abuse

[/quote]

by convincing everyone else that a lot of the WO people (although only some) are plain pathetic. Thats my view, and the view of many others now.

SF, from where I was sitting, 15 seconds after as the Worthy out chanting started the hoops scored their second goal - strange consequence for a team that has raised their game. Anyway, thats not the point, I agree with the sentiments behind this type of chanting and it may well have a positive effect, but some of the personal abuse coming from the crowd was the action of a rabble - I fully stand by that characterisation. The big difference is that I am name calling on a 1 to 1 basis, not on the basis of 8,000 people ganging up on one. I think that is a big difference and why I thought that Monday was bullying. You are free to call me what you want through the impersonal media of a message board and as one person to another and I don''t think that the feeling is in anyway comparable to receiving that sort of abuse, in a live situation, from a large angry crowd. To say that it is is folly.     

NTT, I am a WO if we are to use such childish terms. I am not ''pro-Worthless'' but anti the sort behaviour I witnessed on Monday, call it ''pro-common decency'' if you want but I don''t know how I would express that in a chant.

[quote user="macdougall''s perm"]NTT, I am a WO if we are to use such childish terms. I am not ''pro-Worthless'' but anti the sort behaviour I witnessed on Monday, call it ''pro-common decency'' if you want but I don''t know how I would express that in a chant.

Agree with you 100% here, mac - it''s worrying that so many don''t seem to be able to distinguish between being in favour of a change of management, without the need to degenerate into the kind of cowardly mob mentality we had the misfortune to witness on Monday.

I had to stop my youngest child from joining in with a chant for fear of some moron zealot taking exception and haranging him... a reaction to my pride and joy that would have rendered forth swift and brutal retribution.  You don''t even know the meaning of the word disgraceful.  

youre a disgrace.

Remember when we were in Europe and Walker and chase were doing so well, then it crumbled with no fault of walkers.

Worthington i fully apreciate for the good times that he gave us, but remember what chase did to our club.

If he is left in charge we will be going backwards.

Why do you still want him here?

That sort of behavior is the only way you are going to get rid of Worthless ,  i bet untill Monday Delia thought there was about a hundred or so wanting him out , she knows different now.

That is your opinion to which you are entitled. My opinion is that it was a massive own goal on the part of the WO (myself included in that) and one which has made it really easy to dismiss such calls as a hysterical and out of control mob mentality. If she was made as angry as I was by such behaviour, I think she is more likely to have become more entrenched in her current opinions. I really don''t see how the ''cause'' was helped at all by such action. All that has been created is a rift between a once coherent group of people that wanted to replace the manager of this club. I, for one, want nothing to do with people that act in this way - end of. And I imagine that there are quite a few people amongst the 24,000 or so that were there who would agree. So it appears as though you have simply fractured our once unified set of fans even more than they already were. Well done!