Sign in to follow this  
Brum Uni Canary

Next Season's Away Kit

Has anybody seen today''s EDP? On page 11 of the special pull-out there is a picture of Delia wearing an away shirt, except it has a Proton badge on. Would this be the logical answer since Lotus would only do a 1 year deal? Both shirts with Lotus would be so much better!

Just read this on a previous thread from last nights forum:

- The new away shirt will be launched in 3 weeks time and will be available on sale in a few months. 3,000 season ticket holders and members can pre-order shirts. These shirts will still bear the Lotus logo.

However, just phoned the club shop and they were unaware of this and havn''t got a launch date.

i noticed that in the times too,bit odd changing it solely for that reason. i too think we should have lotus!!!but i suppose they want to promote proton,i saw one their cars for the first only a few days ago so the more they can get the name out while we are in the premiership the better

Andrew Cullen confirmed the above last night. So the new away shirt will be announced in the next few weeks and it will feature the Lotus badge.

Nope, although I''m quite concerned that the main Lotus car colour now seems to be a chocolate/gold colour! Unless my neighbour''s car just needs to go through a car wash...

Considering that we will be one of only 20 teams in the Premier League who can offer a front of a shirt to a potential sponsor who will be all over SKY and the newspapers, I would imagine that any deal we signed in Div 1 would have a serious dosh hike if we got up. I can''t believe Lotus would now bugger off when we are in the Prem.

Chocolate/gold colour? What a waste of a good car having it that colour! Good God though, think of the consequences - Coventry''s chocolate brown away kit from the early 80''s........be pointless us having a gold kit!

Let''s hope it''s not brown!!!!!

Delia''s away shirt with the Proton logo is a one-off made specially for her.

I had heard that next year''s will be similar to this years away shirt, same style and trim but black not green.

Just a quick question that doesn''t really need an answer if u can''t be bothered. Do we get more money from the sponsors for going up? I know that they are paying for a nice tour to Malaysia but perhaps if they could but Thierry Henry for us that would be nice.

A smiling Andrew Cullen said: "One of the clauses of the contract with Proton was that it remained confidential."

Yes and No Vikki. The club is going the same way as a lot of Premiership clubs in that the away kit changes one year and the home kit changes the following year but both kits have a life-span of two years. Obviously to kick off this process the first kit change only lasts for a year - this season''s away kit. If that makes sense...

It should be dark colour, maybe black or navy....everybody can guess it right...:O)