Sign in to follow this  
Garth Crooks is a

Don't feel sorry for Hughes - he is stealing £10k a month from you

He is not stealing it, he is being paid what we agreed - or rather Worthington - so, as I have stated ad nauseum, it should be Worthington who is getting the flak, not him. What a ridiculously lame attempt to justify yesterdays disgraceful behaviour.

Are you sure he isnt on an upcoming series of "I Could Do That" hosted by Des Lynam.

"In this episode, Andrew Hughes, a qualified hand clapper pretends to be a professional footbnaller for a complete season with Championship side Norwich City. The cameras follow him for a whole season to see if anyone will notice."

[quote user="Garth Crooks is a"]Andy must be going home in tears with all the abuse he gets - but i''m sure the 10k wage packet per month brings a smile back.[/quote]

you sound very bitter. As far as I know he is not guilty of any theft like you have implied, I would be more careful with the language you use! Why don''t you stop going to see the games then? afterall, the money is being "stolen" from your back pocket, daylight robbery.

It seems that some morons always need to find a player to pick on, I''m sure it is that player that is solely responsible for our average season. It''s a shame Clint Easton or Gary Holt are not still here too, more to share the blame!

You lot really get on my nerves.

utter rubbish .... If Norwich want to pay him 10k a week then that is up to them , it is the responsibillity of the club not Andy Hughes , I also think booing him is unacceptable it is the manager that has to take responsibillity for poor signings not the players , they are just trying to earn a living doing what we would all love to do.

Either someone has access to Andy Hughes'' bank details (which I somehow doubt) or they''re talking balls.This is how rumours spread. Just takes enough lobotomised sheep to keep repeating it and agreeing with it.Looking above thats progressing quite nicely already in this thread.Keep at it, sheep :)

We have had this same thread before.

He probably is paid too much for what he does/doesn''t do but I''d think less of him for turning it down and saying "Actually I''m not that good gaffer so just give me half"

If you were not any good at your job and you got a pay rise, would you turn it down? I doubt it.

The directors and Worthington are to blame here for not looking properly at what they were buying. That''s not Hughes'' fault.

i have to agree that the treatment he got yesterday was out of order , after all its our clown of a manager that bought him and continues to pick him over much better players . he does at least try , which is more than can be said of  dickson epoo poo .

10K amonth?, i reckon he''s on 5k + a week. I reckon in a month, with bonuses (appearance etc) he earns 25k, not 10k.

it won''t be 10k for christ sake, huckerby a premiership player for most of carear signed a contract worth 15k so why would a player who has never played above the championship earn 10k

Regarding players getting blamed it seems every Scandinavian player since Nedergaard has had his critics. Perhaps we should just sign a few Swedes and Danes who are just here to get shouted at and booed.I think Hughes would be on 5-7 k a week which is a rediculous amount of money anyway. If he''s on more than that the people who sorted out his contract need shooting.

S19, I have been a huge fan of practically all of our Scandinavian players - in terms of both ability and personality, they add a great presence to our club. I am not a huge fan of Hughes but I don''t think I have ever witnessed such abuse directed at one player in all my time at Carrow Road - not even directed at Ip**it players. It was unfair and unacceptable - its the first time I think I have been ashamed to be a Norwich fan and it wasn''t a good feeling. 

if mckenzie was earning 6k a week last year, id doubt hughes is on any more than 3k a week. so i should think 10k is quite accurate. but stealing is ofcourse the wrong word to use.

I disagree with barracking of players, spoken by the (only) one that stood up for Daryl Sutch when he was getting loads of abuse, I hope that those of you defending Hughesy were not amongst those that so shamefully blamed Sutchy for all that was wrong with NCFC at the time....

No I''m not a Scandinavian although I wouldn''t mind escaping to those distant lands after the disgraceful treatment of Hughes (yes he''s poor but you don''t boo your own players... Francis was an exception). Just like you Mac I''ve liked all the scandinavian imports we''ve had in the past so I like the crazy folk because of that. We''d be far better off with Svensson and Jonson in the squad than their replacements Hughes and Thorne.

Yeah I''d agree with you there. Particularly Supermatt, on top of his great technique and ability his personality is something we have sorely missed since his departure. That was one of the worst things about relegation last season in my opinion.

Andy Hughes is a championship footballer - his strength is tackling and

winning the ball - he is not a right back ( we had one of those on the

bench ) he is not a right winger ( we had one of those also on the

bench ) yet our manager chooses to switch one of his midfield players

into a position that he is not comfortable with nor very capable of

playing in ( not a natural full back )

I have no problem with ANdy Hughes - okay Monday was not a good

performance , but he is a 100% effort player who gets stuck in and does

not hide - he will never be the most skilful player , but that is not

what he is the team to do - he is expected to win the ball and pass it

to a yellow shirt - in his proper position he does that - when the

manager plays him out of position he struggles - understandably so - I

have more of a problem with Etuhu who has not looked interested since

he came

It is unfair to single him out for Criticism in this season of

underacheivement - you look at players throughout teh team who have

underperformed - Jarrett , Etuhu , Even Ashton to a degree and you have

to ask why ? - are they all poor players , or is teh problem a deeper

one , ie with the management of the  players , the tactics

employed or have teh championship winning players left at teh club

become a bit of a clique making it  awkward for new players to

settle

We will probably never know , this season will be forgotten very

quickly although the start of next season will determine how quickly -

lets see out these last two games re group and really go for it next

season = OTBC

This reminds me of school playground arguements. Some people need to grow up and look at the bigger picture, Andy Hughes is being paid to do a job like you and me, his always gives his all and if a center midfielder has a bad game at right back how can you blame him. Since when has Booing your own players been a way to show your support of your club? I would be ashamed to be associated with any group supporters who acts like this.

GROW UP!

Do you think worthless gives him bonuses for all his effort and clapping?

Seriously, worthy signed him, payed the money for him, picks the team and elects to play him every week, whatever. It''s not Hughsies fault. It all down to Worthington. Say no more!