Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Drive the Smiths out!.

I am of the opinion, that untill this happens, Worthy will still be here, and worse, so will his mind numbing ''hoofball'' tactics too.

I also feel that she in paticular, is patronising, and an embarressment to boot. With her ridiculous and televised ''Lets be avin you'' farce, to her latest ''best fans in the world''  patronising remarks reported on this site''s front page today.

And don''t even get me started on her ''little old Norwich'' ramblings.

I believe a robust campaign to oust the Smiths would be more benificial to the club than just targeting NW.

When the first two leave, NW will quickly follow.

In short, he''s a ''kept manager'' and he bloody well knows it!.

You may well be right , any other team would have sacked him ages ago , they are all to close it can only be bad for the club. Time for another cookery book Delia , leave the football to those that can spot a bad manager when they see one.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I am of the opinion, that untill this happens, Worthy will still be here, and worse, so will his mind numbing ''hoofball'' tactics too.

I also feel that she in paticular, is patronising, and an embarressment to boot. With her ridiculous and televised ''Lets be avin you'' farce, to her latest ''best fans in the world''  patronising remarks reported on this site''s front page today.

I believe a robust campaign to oust the Smiths would be more benificial to the club than just targeting NW.

[/quote]Wiz, i don''t hink you apreciate just how much ofa step backward it would be to get delia and michael off the board, I''m sure you know ofall the time and money they have put into the club but that is onl half of it.  They have a difficult job and although i think they have carried out the Worthy saga too long they have acted professionaly throughout.  I truly believe they will sack worthy in the off season anyway.But please, lets stop this witchhunt against the ''smiths''  they have been INCREDIBLE to this club over the last decade and they have my eternal gratitude.  Finding an astute Director is not easy (Just ask Derby, Southampton, Ips***), finding ne who also loves the club and isn''t afraid to inject their OWN MONEY is nearly unheard of!!!

I would like to disagree with the premise of this post in the strongest terms possible. I think that Delia is good for the club, and I think we would be shooting ourselves in the foot in such a huge way if we managed to hound them out. I want Worthington out but to get rid of the ''smiths'' would be a ridiculously rash and short term measure.

[/quote]Yet another kneejerk reaction to something in the paper. 

I''m all in favour of Delia and Michael remaining at the helm and directing the commercial and business interests of the club, but I do think we would benefit from another layer of management at directorate level, experienced in and responsible for decisions which affect the footballing affairs, because in my opinion the current board don''t possess the necessary footballing experience to do it effectively.

[/quote]

wiz i will give you the benefit of the doubt and put your contentious drivel down to being tuppence short of a shilling

More attention-seeking verbal diarrea from the resident drama queen.

Yawn...for about the 150th time this season.

Is everyone forgetting that Delia is not infact the chairman of this football club. She has previously admitted that she does not know how to run a football team and so keeps out of most of it. I think it is fantastic to have a fan like Delia on the board but to say its her standing still is stupid, look at who the chairman is and you will realise you are aiming your angst at the wrong person. I am not a worthy suporter but after what he had done he deserved a season to turn it round, at the start of next season i am positive that things will be different. Delia is correct in her praise, i dont know many clubs in the championship who could have such a bad season and then still sell a huge amount of season tickets for the following season.  

[quote user="seedyrom"]I''m all in favour of Delia and Michael remaining at the helm and directing the commercial and business interests of the club, but I do think we would benefit from another layer of management at directorate level, experienced in and responsible for decisions which affect the footballing affairs, because in my opinion the current board don''t possess the necessary footballing experience to do it effectively.[/quote]That is exactly what I was going to say. No one can say they haven''t done a good job of sorting the clubs finances but they''re decisions regarding the football haven''t been the greatest. Then again would they want to take a step back to let someone else make big decisions after 10 years when its just been them?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I believe a robust campaign to oust the Smiths would be more benificial to the club[/quote]Sorry Wizard, you''ve lost me now. As far as I''m aware, they''re majority shareholders. Therefore, to get them out of the club, they have to want to sell their shares, and someone wants to have to buy them.So unless you know any other wealthy benefactors who are interested in putting their own personal time and money into NC (bearing in they effectively saved the club), I suggest you keep your ignorant drivel to yourself just for once.

why are you worrying about delia when its worthington trying to be kept in whilst people want him out!  We dont need to replace the whole of Norwich! altough she does make out that everthings fine....!

BUT FOR TALKING ABOUT THE FOOTBALL NIGEL NEEDS TO BE DELT WITH! tactics are wrong, we dont mark, we give up when they have the ball,  he plays most of the team in the wrong positions and he doesn''t like young players!!!!!!! theres onli one thing we need to get rid off..........errrmmm......WORTHINGTON the person who plays football as if its hoofball!

think about it!

Well done Wiz, having been astute enough to realise that the Pink''un/Evening News is now getting a lot of its material from any old ''citizen journalist'' (including that patronising, sexist drivel about Delia on the front of WOTB), you''ve decided to join the bandwagon in the hope they print you too. Although something tells me you''ve probably got a scrap-book full of your posts from this message board at home anyway.

I don''t agree with you, by the way.

I think that Delia has scored a massive own goal with her recent statement about the wonderful supports and yes her head is burried very deep in the sand. She needs to really wake up and smell the coffee before it is too late because she could sadly end up being a casualty in this whole sorry mess that she could have had sorted out well before now. I hope not because I think the club needs Delia. But she needs to hold her hands up now and admit it has been a big mistake continuing to back worthington.  

The smiths are a great band!! Leave them alone [:P]

But in all seriousness, I think we need to sing anti the board because while nothing is being aimed at them they think "the sun shines out of their behinds" (a morrissey lyric, ironic) and will not get rid of him. They need to know we are also unhappy with them for not sacking him

[quote user="JohnoBono"]I think that Delia has scored a massive own goal with her recent statement about the wonderful supports and yes her head is burried very deep in the sand. She needs to really wake up and smell the coffee before it is too late because she could sadly end up being a casualty in this whole sorry mess that she could have had sorted out well before now. I hope not because I think the club needs Delia. But she needs to hold her hands up now and admit it has been a big mistake continuing to back worthington.  [/quote]

hear hear!

jas :)

As soon as things don''t go as well as you''d hoped you need to stick the knife into the people who have put their time, money and effort into our past success.

[/quote]

christ, I thought I talked a lot of rubbish......

[/quote]

Pathetic and embarrassing attack on good people who devote their time and money to keeping out club in the fine position it is in today. Remember where we were 5 years go??? You are an attention seeking fool Wiz who just posts extreme views so that your ego is massaged when you see headlines on the pink un like" Even some posters on message boards are calling for Delia''s head"

It is not a question now as to which "out or in" camp anyone is in now, it has all become spiteful and petty and is frankly embarrassing, we are no better than Wolves fans, and that pains me greatly to say that.

Cue some smart ass reply about it''s the football thats embarrassing, or that I am Delia in disguise, cue no constructive intelligent reply from Wiz.

The Company that is NCFC needs Delia. The Football Club that is NCFC doesn''t need Worthy.

Worthy is damaging the product and alienating the customers.

The Board of the Company know that they have a big decision to make but when they look at the results of the Company, (big numbers for season tickets etc, 6 home wins in a row etc) on paper the Board can, if they wish, justify continuing as is. I think the Board should look at their Business,  spot the growing trend of dissatisfied customers and potential damage to their product and reputation and act now.

NCFC is a business weather we like it or not. A business needs its backers (Delia etc) and its Customers (us). There is a legal duty of the Directors to act in the best interests of the Company.

Pathetic and embarrassing attack on good people who devote their time and money to keeping out club in the fine position it is in today. Remember where we were 5 years go??? You are an attention seeking fool Wiz who just posts extreme views so that your ego is massaged when you see headlines on the pink un like" Even some posters on message boards are calling for Delia''s head"

I think you mistake me for someone who actually cares what you think Morty.

Every post I''ve written you have rubbished it, that tells me you can''t be constructive other then to to call me a attention seeking fool and other childish names.

Name calling is the first sign of losing an arguement.

I think you mistake me for someone who actually cares what you think Morty.

Every post I''ve written you have rubbished it, that tells me you can''t be constructive other then to to call me a attention seeking fool and other childish names.

Name calling is the first sign of losing an arguement.

[/quote]

that''s because you post some dross!

Don''t be stupid. If it wasn''t for them Carrow Road would be a housing development by now. They have put millions into NCFC in recent years. Let''s have a new manager by all means, but don''t underestimate where NCFC would be without Delia and Michael. So what if she likes a glass or two of sherry before the game, she''s entitled.

[quote user="svensson19"][quote user="seedyrom"]I''m all in favour of Delia and Michael remaining at the helm and directing the commercial and business interests of the club, but I do think we would benefit from another layer of management at directorate level, experienced in and responsible for decisions which affect the footballing affairs, because in my opinion the current board don''t possess the necessary footballing experience to do it effectively.[/quote]

That is exactly what I was going to say. No one can say they haven''t done a good job of sorting the clubs finances but they''re decisions regarding the football haven''t been the greatest. Then again would they want to take a step back to let someone else make big decisions after 10 years when its just been them?
[/quote]

don''t forget that we had a Director of Football once - his name was Brian Hamilton....don''t go there!!!!

I do not think getting rid of Delia or Michael would be good for the club, what happens to us when she calls in the money we owe her ? and who is going to want to invest in us in the current climate ?. I am not saying Delia is blameless or beyond criticism, but I for one appreciate all the time, effort and money she has invested. It is very easy to make the statements you post on this message board, and I respect your right to do so, however unless there is somebody wating in the wings to invest a considerable sum of money in the club, we will be up the proverbial creek without a paddle without Delias money.....unless of course 1st Wizard you head a rich (benign) consortium that is about to mount a take over bid and pump millions of pounds into the club. 

Hate to be a new poster and have my first post be an attack on the OP, but this post annoyed me to such a degree that it finally made me crack and stop being a lurker here for years and actually register!

Delia may be an embarrassment sometimes (not for me personally as I find her antics amusing, like a real supporters, but I can understand why many may feel that way), but having a major shareholder who actually loves the club she has invested her time and money in is a very rare thing. I know many other supporters of non elite clubs who would dearly give much to have a board whose main purpose is to do the best for the club and not see how much money they can cream off.

It''s all very well screaming that we need to oust Delia and Co, but what about the long-term picture. Looking at it from her perspective with all the money that she has invested into a losing / non profit making venture when she could have invested it in much more profitable ventures (money makes money remember), I wouldn''t be surprised if she just washed her hands of the fickle NCFC fans if any campaign of this sort got started. I would in the same situation, not a good idea to bite the hand that feeds you IMHO.

So she sells up, what you think the changes are of getting someone buying the shares that actually care more about the club than money, pretty remote in the extreme, and there are very very few crazy Russians out there who just like to burn / need to launder money. Which do you thing is best for the long term future of a club, the majority shareholders priorities being club then money, or money then club?

WO is another matter (I''m undecided, no point in getting rid of him if we cannot attract anyone better), but no way should the failing of the tactical side of the team be laid on the Smith''s doorstep. You could argue that the close relationship between the Board and the Manager maybe clouding the appraisal of Worthington''s performance (one that I, and I doubt anyone else here is in a position to judge honesty), but I always think it is a bad idea to throw the baby out with the bathwater!

I''ll probably be called a blind Delia supporter or secret NCFC employee or some such rubbish, but someone who plops millions into NCFC expecting and in all likelihood getting pretty much none of it back I feel deserves some blind support.

P.S I haven''t lived in East Anglia for a long time now so havn''t been brainwashed by that oh so unbiased EDP (assuming it hasn''t changed, as if!)

Forgot to add, hi everyone, have enjoyed reading the opinions on here for years.