Sign in to follow this  
ncfc0405

QPR fan tells it like it is

http://queensparkrangers.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=925&p=2&stid=84091385 - Atmosphere

Very strange. The QPR fans were in good voice all afternoon while the

home fans barracked their team and manager from first to last. After

the match a few of the Norwich players went up and applauded the

supporters - why!? They didn''t support you, they wanted you to lose,

they think you''re crap. Outside the ground before the kick off there

was a crowd of people ten deep trying to get their name on a petition

to have the manager sacked.

When Rangers scored lots of Norwich fans in the bottom of the Barclay

Stand were jumping around and celebrating with us, yet when they turned

it round and won they celebrated that as well. I mean make your mind up

guys, did you want us to win or not? They cheered their team like

heroes at the end after spending eighty minutes haranguing them over

every misplaced pass or little mistake. Numpties.

Still this all made for a decent noise inside the ground which

is a far cry away (Christ I''m going to get killed for saying this,

sorry love) from another Championship club we visit in this part of the

country. There was never a hint of trouble all day and before the game

Norwich fans were keen to talk to us about all things football on the

way to the ground which, in my last away game of the season, means I''ve

come full circle from the first trip I made this season to Hull where

the locals just wanted to rip our heads off. Overall the whole experience was a great laugh. Recommended.

8/10

This is very interesting - keep it up fellas - you''re making us into a laughing stock. And before you say anything, I know that the team already has in the opinions of many, but is there really any need to exacerbate this perception of ourselves by the kind of ''hilarious'' behaviour we demonstrated on Monday.   

It would have been just as appropriate for the cretins to sing "WE are embarassing".

Don''t be surprised if you drive the better players out of the club and dissuade any potential recruits too with behaviour as witnessed on Saturday.  I''ve been to 30+ matches home and away this season and I''ve witnessed too many dire performances from the team and individual players (Ashton included), I''ve criticised Hughes et al on these boards and I think we need a change of manager too but I never realised that Norfolk had more idiots than villages.

Do us a favour please - stay at home for the Wolves game. Alternatively, maybe those on the bandwagon should give the driver the directions to Upton Park and join their kindred spirits.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

It would have been just as appropriate for the cretins to sing "WE are embarassing".

Don''t be surprised if you drive the better players out of the club and dissuade any potential recruits too with behaviour as witnessed on Saturday.  I''ve been to 30+ matches home and away this season and I''ve witnessed too many dire performances from the team and individual players (Ashton included), I''ve criticised Hughes et al on these boards and I think we need a change of manager too but I never realised that Norfolk had more idiots than villages.

Do us a favour please - stay at home for the Wolves game. Alternatively, maybe those on the bandwagon should give the driver the directions to Upton Park and join their kindred spirits.

[/quote]

I agree that it is a shame that everything has come to this, and I''m sure in the same way that sticking a traffic cone on a traffic light on a saturday night may seem a good idea to some at the time, Sunday morning leads to a different conclusion. However, it must be said that there is no publicity that is bad publicity "Where are you" being a prime example.

And that is really the point isn`t it ?, it is OK for Delia to come onto the pitch at half time, microphone in hand, she has the power to do so, if an ordinary fan had tried that stunt they would have been ejected from the ground, you may not like what happened on Monday, but it is the right of every fan to voice their opinion, the only thing I disagreed with was the barracking of Andy Hughes.

all i can say to the QPR fans is that they have very short memories... Ian holloway anyone?????

they were doing exactly the same to him

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

all i can say to the QPR fans is that they have very short memories... Ian holloway anyone?????

they were doing exactly the same to him

jas :)

[/quote]

That''s ok then. Its someone else''s bandwagon

"Don''t be surprised if you drive the better players out of the club and dissuade any potential recruits too with behaviour as witnessed on Saturday"

If any of our better players are driven out it will be because the board didn''t act quick enough in sacking the manager !

We''ve got 90 minutes left this season plus before and after the game against Wolves to make our feelings heard, don''t waste it !!

I hope we see the same scenes that we did on Monday but 10-fold, The board and the manager need to have the message ringing in their ears well into the summer.

We cannot afford to have Worthington here in August.

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]Sorry but Monday made people sit up and take notice more than any out of the ground protest , more of the same against Wolves , run this manager out of the City.[/quote]

Sadly I agree, this could all be resolved if Worthless just went.