Sign in to follow this  
chicken

An examernation of the game on Monday

Ok firstly I listened to the match via radio Norfolk as I was unable to dodge the family get together to get to the game (you people understand the preperation time etc!!).Anyway my opinion in regards to the negative chanting is that it is having an effect. However it may not be possitive.For the first 78 minutes of the match our boys werent playing well at all - they seemed hessitant, nervous and even afraid. Thats what Roy and Neil described anyway - they were unwilling to take risks incase they didnt pull off and then have the fans turn on them.For me it is no surprise that once 2-0 down they started taking the risks again - they were already going to get slated by  the support and were being so at the time. So the element of being slated had already happened.Its a shame, the radio picked out Norwich fans booing our players in the lead up to the second QPR goal - which everybody likes to blame Hughes for even though the player took the ball past another two players before scoring.If people want the team and the club to perform well they are going to have to get behind the players and lift them up. Never mind if they are average at best. We are not going to get the best out of these players if fans continuously undermine their confidence.And as for comments on here - it seems that most people have become very paranoid! Conspiracy theories, playground chants and statements without facts.If most of the stadium did not stand up on Monday you can not write them all off for being apathetic or not worthy of an opinion Mr Hudson - infact that is quite sickening. Thats exactly how the holocaust started! Not that I am comparing that to it - merely highlighting that the statement has no founding in a western democracy that stands agains facism and communism.By the way apathy can also be present in people who do (in this case) stand up. For example they could be doing it because everyone else around them has and they don''t want to look the odd one out. Or they could be doing it because their mates are via peer pressure. Or simply they could be a troublemaker that likes to be seen to be rebelling against anything and is not directly concerned with the issue at hand.These sorts of statements represent the precise reason why the protests and the moaning is doomed to failure unless it can be co-ordinated properly.There are plenty of arguments for and against - but ever since the word go people have called themselves the majority without any back up what-so-ever. And so far that has been the story of the protest/Worthy out campaign. Time after time after time we have had statements on here and released by various official-ish sources that carry no more weight than the worse of Worthingtons post match interviews.

[quote user="chicken"]
And as for comments on here - it seems that most people have become very paranoid! Conspiracy theories, playground chants and statements without facts.

[/quote]

Good post as usual Chicken.  I quoted one part because it pretty much sums up how I feel right noe about the whole Worthy Out debate from both sides of the fence.

I think it''s fair to say that a lot of the views, whether "WO" of "KTF" have become pretty polarised with little middle ground to be found.  I''m sure I''m going to upset a lot people now but ……

Many "WO" posts on here now are, as you pointed out, merely conspiracy theories and spurious at best.  Worthy has pretty much become the “Witch” in our very own “Salem” style trials with dubious accusations being thrown at him in an attempt to condemn him to the sack.  I really don''t understand this as there are plenty of acceptable criticisms to aim at him without fabricating some. 

Claims like he was lucky to win the league are very harsh in my opinion.  I don''t think you will find anyone within the world of professional football who would agree that you could "luck" your way to winning a league title.  Many of the other accusations are purely comments or actions that have been deliberately misconstrued or misinterpreted to serve the purpose of accusing Worthington of further ruining the club or trying to fool the fans.  Things like, Ryan Jarvis was only given a contract to keep the fans happy, really?  Firstly how would Jarvis feel to read such comments and secondly Worthington has already shown he is more than prepared to dispose of players no matter what the fans think.  Then comes my all time classic that he is the worst manager we have ever had, completely ignoring an excellent first 3 years in charge.  With arguments like these and the fact the numbers that attend the protests is dwindling each time means any WO campaign is likely to be dismissed by the board.

Then from the KTF side we have the argument that he won this league and that somehow it makes him immune to criticism.  It''s fair to point to that and it was, to me, an acceptable reason to keep him for a while but you really can''t use it to excuse the results and manner of performances we have seen all this season.  Some want the blame to be laid at the feet of the players and even the fans and defend Worthy at every opportunity.  Maybe or not that is just down to defending him against many unfair accusations made against him rather than an unnerving support for him, I''m not sure.

In all, the extreme views held by some supporters of the "WO" and "KTF" fractions, culminated in the extremely sour, agitated and highly unpleasant atmosphere I had the misfortune to witness on Monday.  11 hours spent in the car to hear my own players jeered and away goals cheered was not what I had in mind for Easter Monday.

Saint Canary concluded - ... the extreme views held by some supporters of the "WO" and "KTF" fractions, culminated in the extremely sour, agitated and highly unpleasant atmosphere I had the misfortune to witness on Monday.  11 hours spent in the car to hear my own players jeered and away goals cheered was not what I had in mind for Easter Monday.

Couldn''t agree more! I find this whole debate about Nigel Worthington to be nasty, and whilst I am of the opinion that it is time for a change, because of the way that the WO campaign is being conducted and the tone of most of the anti Worthington remarks, I could not associate myself in any way with the WO mob. The Club I have supported for almost 50 Years is in danger of falling apart because of this vitriolic and distasteful debate! 

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

Saint Canary concluded - ... the extreme views held by some supporters of the "WO" and "KTF" fractions, culminated in the extremely sour, agitated and highly unpleasant atmosphere I had the misfortune to witness on Monday.  11 hours spent in the car to hear my own players jeered and away goals cheered was not what I had in mind for Easter Monday.

Couldn''t agree more! I find this whole debate about Nigel Worthington to be nasty, and whilst I am of the opinion that it is time for a change, because of the way that the WO campaign is being conducted and the tone of most of the anti Worthington remarks, I could not associate myself in any way with the WO mob. The Club I have supported for almost 50 Years is in danger of falling apart because of this vitriolic and distasteful debate! 

[/quote]I agree. It seems the WO debate has become more about nasty names and points scoring than it has about actually achieving its goal. I am of the opinion it is time for a change, but I would never hurl abuse at our players or manager, or resort to the level of name calling and pathetic behaviour that has been witnessed in recent home matches. There is no doubt in my mind that Worthington is a victim of his own success. He has achieved a great deal for this club, and that in itself deserves respect despite my opinion of his managerial abilities.Regardless of whether you think he should go or not, the level of vitriol spat by a lot of the more vocal detractors is not something I want to associate myself with. Unfortunately, it seems that to the outside world at least, we are all getting tarred with the same brush.

Chicken

An examernation of the game on Monday

Better hope it''s not an English one

can''t agree the players looked nervous and fearful of making mistakes, the crowd was silent from the word go.  in fact, for the first time ever, you could hear the chap on the microphone leading the ''on the ball city'' chant before the match started, so quiet was this usually uproarious song sung.  at this point, and well into the first half, there was neither encouragement or criticism, which changed after qpr scored.  the players appeared slow starting, and not really up for it.  to be fair, the performance was again poor and there was little for the crowd to get excited about either.  perhaps 3 goals by half time would have got everybody up for it. the silence at city''s home games since the brighton match, despite 6 home wins on the bounce, indicates crowd disaproval in my view, and the negative chanting that erupted at the qpr match is undeniable evidence that many fans are frustrated with the situation at carra rd and want a change.  to see a normally tolerant norfolk crowd behave in the fashion they did, indicates there are big problems at carra rd that need addressing.   in the barclay at least, there was a couple of efforts to rally the players in opposition to the overwhelming worthy out chant, ''the green army'' chants were small scale and died out after a couple of chorus.  i very much doubt there were loud enough to be heard on the radio, as they were for instance at the stoke match.there''s no doubt in my mind, that in the lower barclay at least, the majority want to see a change , and i wouldn''t be suprised if this wasn''t repeated around the ground.at the time, i felt delia''s statement of support was brave because in my view she was already behind fan opinion, but  the events since have seen her position constantly eroded and now its obvious she hasn''t brought the fans round to her point of view.  she appears out on a limb and her statement praising the fans who''ve renewed their season tickets looks ill-timed after monday.  she must move the support the concesus opinion now or accept the consequences - which in my view is continuing disunity and unrest.  if it persists into next season, we will have a huge job to get promoted.  its our last season of prem parachute money - NCFC needs  everybody pulling in the same direction. 

Wow. Thats typical and entirely expected. The last two posts have not been a reply to my argument nor have they been at all constructive. One insults my English - may I point out at this point that I am dislexic - though not severly and I am no litery expert.Secondly - its not that I can not be bothered to go to the games - number one I live in London and try to get to the away matches here when I can. Secondly when I go back home it is primarily to see family as in this case and no matter what happens my family will always come before football. You may think that wrong but that is nothing more than an opinion.And I support the club in other ways - I buy shirts, callenders etc. I also held a season ticket for a season completely funded by my own means at the age of 15/16. At the moment I am an unemployed graduate which leaves me in a precarious situation.If you want to insult me for not going to games you may as well go ahead but I can assure you that it is not due to apathy.Infact I am pretty used to be insulted by the slanderous "out" mob so bring it on - you merely inforce my point of view even more. You are making yourselves a minority . . .

pathetic behaviour, name calling, spat, mindless thugs, yobs, idiots, morons

these are just some of the things I have read on only 3 threads that have been directed at the so called WO mob.

Well I said at the end of last season that I thought Worthy should have been replaced and it has taken until now for many more to have the same view, however I am not any of the things listed above.  I just see a talented crop of players being ruined by poor management and poor coaching and as a paying fan I don''t want to sit by and let it happen just to be asked to pay another £342 for another season ticket to watch it all over again.

I cannot beleive that by singing "We want Worthy out, we want Worthy out" or "this is embarrasin" or "what a load of rubbish"  I suddenly become a pathetic moron.   What would you say is the alternative?

Sit quietly and not cheer when the team scores?  Write a letter to the board?  Hold a sign up?   Boycote a game?   Would I be noticed at all if I did any of these things?  No.  I know this because that is exactly what I have done all season, sat quietly, sent the odd polite email of discontent and missed about 4 games, nothing has happened, the club doesn''t care it has a full house most weeks, it has my money.  Whilst that continues they won''t change a thing.  It takes big demonstrations of unrest whether before, during or after a game, especially a game where the result doesn''t actually matter.

Now, if I join with thousands of others that are singing "we want Worthy out" then my voice is being heard by many more, the radio listeners, other fans, the management team, the backroom staff, the stewards and hopefully board members.  Don''t forgot it has taken all season for these chants to gather enough support to make you all stand back aghast at the appalling atmosphere and treatment of our beloved players that take home £10K or more a week.  Our season is over, nothing to play for.  If I watch yet another rubbish performance and those around me are singing negatitve songs then I damn well will join in, the board have to notice, they have to.

Pathetic behaviour is to sit by doing nothing whilst your club that you have put hundreds of pounds into season after season is once again left to mediocrity.  Lets see how patient some of you are if we have to sit through another season like this one with the same man in charge of it all. 

Some of you may be directing your comments at other chants or boos that have been directed at Andy Hughes, well again I disagree with you.  I agree it must be horrible for the lad and it''s not his fault that he is picked week in week out and that all he knows how to do is receive the ball run two paces forward, turn round and bring it back for the goal keeper or Doc.  Or as he sometimes decides to do, send a huge cross sailing over everyone and out for a goal kick.  I have sat and watched these same passes week in week out for months and not uttered a word of disgust.  I have now had enough and yes appauled when he was subbed.  The message that Worthy should be getting from the boo''s is that the lad is not good enough to be in this team especially when Etuhu, McVeigh even Jarrett have been available.  I would even prefer to see Charlton out there in midfield.  If Hughes takes it personally and is still crying about it when he cashes his £10K then more fool him, I wouldn''t give a damn if the whole crowd boo''ed me if I was earning his wage to play a game that I love and I was trying my best.

Just so you all know, I didn''t actually sing any of the chants, but I wanted to, however I had taken my fiancee to her first ever football match, so sat explaining to her why the crowd were doing what they were doing.  I was pleased they were doing it though and yes I did applaud the sub of Andy Hughes.  Credit should be given to the fans that are so passionate about their club that they are prepared to stand up and be counted literally all round the stand as "stand up if you want Worthy out" was chanted.  Where were all you disgusted, embarrassed people then, why weren''t you drowning them out with your pro Worthy or pro Hughes chants and songs?  There really is a majority now whether there was two weeks ago or not, there truly is now and it''s about time everyone accepted it.   If you pay money into this club and you want the Manager out, keep singing it, its your right to do so, but keep it civil please ;-)

You make out that you are such a quiet and respectful bunch that want our manager sacked, and that anyone who dares to voice their opposition is out of order. I think you fail to realise that the people who still support our current (and previously successful) manager have been called a few less than pleasant thing also. I don''t really like being called apathetic because I fail to boo my team, manager and players. I, personally think that some of the vitriolic behaviour I have witnessed from the Worthy our brigade is moronic and disgusting, so if i used the term morons I don''t oppologise. I think the abuse between so called fans works both ways so get off your soap box will you. Some of the nastiness directed to some of our players like Hughes is appaling, no matter what how you rate the player you cannot question his effort, to boo him on a regular basis is vile, and if you expect me to support that behaviour you''ve got another thing comming, get some more respect.

I agree with a couple of posts here and think they have put their poinst accross very well.

[quote user="chicken"]Wow. Thats typical and entirely expected. The last two posts have not been a reply to my argument nor have they been at all constructive. One insults my English - may I point out at this point that I am dislexic - though not severly and I am no litery expert.

Secondly - its not that I can not be bothered to go to the games - number one I live in London and try to get to the away matches here when I can. Secondly when I go back home it is primarily to see family as in this case and no matter what happens my family will always come before football. You may think that wrong but that is nothing more than an opinion.

And I support the club in other ways - I buy shirts, callenders etc. I also held a season ticket for a season completely funded by my own means at the age of 15/16. At the moment I am an unemployed graduate which leaves me in a precarious situation.

If you want to insult me for not going to games you may as well go ahead but I can assure you that it is not due to apathy.

Infact I am pretty used to be insulted by the slanderous "out" mob so bring it on - you merely inforce my point of view even more. You are making yourselves a minority . . .
[/quote]

thanks for pemission to insult you further...

"number one I live in London"....I live in Reading so what''s you point...not to mention that Capital Canaries can sort you out with cheap travel.

"Secondly when I go back home it is primarily to see family as in this case and no matter what happens my family will always come before football"...me too...then go home/to matches more and kill 2 birds with 1 stone

"At the moment I am an unemployed graduate (Im guessing media studies) which leaves me in a precarious situation."...and yet you still live in London...yould get a discount on your season ticket too being unemployed...move home save some cash and see more games...when you do stop tax dodging perhaps you could consult a lifestyle guru to sort you out...

For heavens sake ''if you''re rubbish and you know it clap your hands'' I thought this was a football forum. What is the point in posting that? What business is it of yours - the Almighty Judge of Worthy Fans?

I have deliberately been away from this board for a while now and am sad to see that things really haven''t changed. How tragic is it that we have supporters booing and heckling City players, chants being sung ridiculing the manager at Carrow Road and Norwich fans attacking Norwich fans on popular canary web sites - HAS IT REALLY COME TO THIS?

I believe that come the end of the season a freshening up is required and Worthington and Norwich should part company remembering the successes. However, I cannot accept many people''s wild extremism. The facts are clear. This season has been a struggle at times ... yet we ARE better off than we were when Worthington took charge, we are higher than Ipswich, we are in the top half of the league and we do have a number of exciting players. Some people need to look at the statistics down the years and see than relegated Premiership clubs RARELY bounce back the following season ... HOW SHORT ARE YOUR MEMORIES ... IT TOOK US NINE YEARS LAST TIME???

Worthy should go and people should be free to show their opinions ... but lets keep some dignity.

OTBC

I dont want to start insulting anyone here but i have to say, i live in reading (hi ''if your rubbish...'' [:)] ) and im a student, debt currently running at around £8,000, and yes my family mean more to me than football, as they should, but they come with me to the games so whenever i go home i see them and ncfc. I know its hard and expencive but i still manage to go when i can and i cant complain about it because it was my choice to move here and one day i like to think i''ll be back close to the team i love.  I was at the QPR game and i have to say nothing there offended me, i dont approve of booing one player, but to be honest where i was sitting you couldnt hear it, couldnt hear the ''stand up'' chant either otherwise i would have stood up.  Travelling down from reading on mon morning i met a norwich fan and his son on the train, both were very much WO and also two of the politest, nicest people ive met in awhile.  I agree that somethings that have been said on here have been out of order, but its not a reflection on the majority of WO''s and also i think people are goaded in to saying things they wouldnt normally, be it through frustraion or passion.  Basically we all care about our club and we all believe we know the right thing for our club, i personally believe Worthy should go but i respect that some people dont.  The problem is that i care so much about the club, i cant beleive how poor we have become and i hate the fact the fans are arguing, all this makes it really hard to not become angry and sad.  Something has to change, i think we all know that, but at the moment it feels like no one at the club is listening, its hardly surprising that some fans are begining to think they have to become extreme to just be aknowledged.

Sorry if thats a bit rambling, but the whole situation is depressing and so many things i wanted to say were in my head at the same time, im not sure how well they came out on paper...um screen...[8-)]

if you''re rubbish and you know it clap your hands wrote

thanks for pemission to insult you further...

"number one I live in London"....I live in Reading so what''s you point...not to mention that Capital Canaries can sort you out with cheap travel.

"Secondly when I go back home it is primarily to see family as in this case and no matter what happens my family will always come before football"...me too...then go home/to matches more and kill 2 birds with 1 stone

"At the moment I am an unemployed graduate (Im guessing media studies) which leaves me in a precarious situation."...and yet you still live in London...yould get a discount on your season ticket too being unemployed...move home save some cash and see more games...when you do stop tax dodging perhaps you could consult a lifestyle guru to sort you out...

As every one knows I like a bit of interpersonal banter but this is an example of how to go over the top.

Chicken writes lengthy but thoughtful posts and does not display the sort of attitude (as I believe I sometimes do, for example) which warrants a personal response against his character. If you choose to put yourself on a pedestal, either deliberately or unconsciously, then expect to get some stick.

But I read this and it felt wrong to me. I know that is subjective but there it is.

but he has put himself on a pedestal by making statements of fact on a game he wasnt at!....IMHO I have no problem with those KTF''s who go to games, but the ones that dont well quite frankly I have no regard for, and using distance as an excuse for not going sticks in my throat considering the sacrifice some of us are prepared to make

"but he has put himself on a pedestal by making statements of fact on a game he wasnt at!....IMHO I have no problem with those KTF''s who go to games, but the ones that dont well quite frankly I have no regard for, and using distance as an excuse for not going sticks in my throat considering the sacrifice some of us are prepared to make."But by doing so you have simply enforced exactly what many people on here and out on the street are not doing - and that is taking in all the information.I could raise more reasons for me not being able to get back to Norwich for every home match. And it may stick in your throat that other people commit to going back to Carrow Road when they live long distances away.Your version of cheap may not be affordable to all for a start - and there are a fair few away matches in and around London.So if that is a huge problem to you so be it. Once I am employed again I will be making more of an effort to get to games, believe me I miss it - but I am not prepared to go broke over something that I can not afford to do as simple as that.This sort of post sums up peoples lack of being able to accept that different people have different approaches to life and its challenges.Now I could have chosen to lie to gain weight behind my opinion but then that wouldnt be me. At least I am being open and honest and not making overblown assumptions or weightless comments.And that is what sums up the majority of the outers on this board - they have alienated other fans of the same opinion by challenging their commitment to the club, by rediculing those that dont have the exact same opinion, by taking things one step further than anyone else with some sort of decency would.Yes the last bit of that is more opinion than fact but by wanting the whole board changed to me is going further than the majority of fans would want it to go.Thanks for the support people have shown against the previous post. I am quite prepared to take this flak in an attempt to shine a light on the ways in which some of these people are prepared to get their opinions across aggressively.

Seems like a perfectly sensible and analytical thread has descended into "I''m a better fan than you", "Students are taxdodging scum" and various other insults.

Whilst I want worthy out, a witchhunt is not the way to go about it, what we need is fair reasoned debate and a mature attitude towards other supporters who might not agree entirely with you.  Things which are becoming sadly lacking on this board in recent weeks.

I''m a student too, in Cumbria of all places, and it costs a hell of a lot to go and watch even a Preston game for me, relative to the amount of money I actually have.  Nobody should be sit there and say, "You can''t comment on a game because you weren''t there", he made a perfectly reasoned debate based on the information he had available, something which seems far beyond the capabilities of some people who actually watched the games at times.

"Worthy Out" Group - A word of warning, you''re quickly, on this board at least, turning into what''s best described as a bunch of munchkins.  I hope that any further "action" organised on your part is more constructive than encouraging people to insult Andy Hughes and Worthington, and actually has a sensible approach to the problem, which is convincing the board that Worthington should leave, by his own accord or by being told.  You need to be very careful who is associated with your group and who isn''t, as it only takes a handful of morons to spoil the effort you''re putting into the petition and suchlike.

OTBC!

Chunky

worthyout.co.uk hasnt actually encouraged anyone to slag off Hughes or Worthington... they have encouraged people to voice their discontent at the manager... if those people feel the urge to ridicule Hughes then thats their problem isnt it...

Where have Worthyout encouraged anyone to slag off anyone else? i want to see proof....

jas :)

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

[quote user="chicken"]
And as for comments on here - it seems that most people have become very paranoid! Conspiracy theories, playground chants and statements without facts.

[/quote]

Good post as usual Chicken.  I quoted one part because it pretty much sums up how I feel right noe about the whole Worthy Out debate from both sides of the fence.

I think it''s fair to say that a lot of the views, whether "WO" of "KTF" have become pretty polarised with little middle ground to be found.  I''m sure I''m going to upset a lot people now but ……

Many "WO" posts on here now are, as you pointed out, merely conspiracy theories and spurious at best.  Worthy has pretty much become the “Witch” in our very own “Salem” style trials with dubious accusations being thrown at him in an attempt to condemn him to the sack.  I really don''t understand this as there are plenty of acceptable criticisms to aim at him without fabricating some. 

Claims like he was lucky to win the league are very harsh in my opinion.  I don''t think you will find anyone within the world of professional football who would agree that you could "luck" your way to winning a league title.  Many of the other accusations are purely comments or actions that have been deliberately misconstrued or misinterpreted to serve the purpose of accusing Worthington of further ruining the club or trying to fool the fans.  Things like, Ryan Jarvis was only given a contract to keep the fans happy, really?  Firstly how would Jarvis feel to read such comments and secondly Worthington has already shown he is more than prepared to dispose of players no matter what the fans think.  Then comes my all time classic that he is the worst manager we have ever had, completely ignoring an excellent first 3 years in charge.  With arguments like these and the fact the numbers that attend the protests is dwindling each time means any WO campaign is likely to be dismissed by the board.

Then from the KTF side we have the argument that he won this league and that somehow it makes him immune to criticism.  It''s fair to point to that and it was, to me, an acceptable reason to keep him for a while but you really can''t use it to excuse the results and manner of performances we have seen all this season.  Some want the blame to be laid at the feet of the players and even the fans and defend Worthy at every opportunity.  Maybe or not that is just down to defending him against many unfair accusations made against him rather than an unnerving support for him, I''m not sure.

In all, the extreme views held by some supporters of the "WO" and "KTF" fractions, culminated in the extremely sour, agitated and highly unpleasant atmosphere I had the misfortune to witness on Monday.  11 hours spent in the car to hear my own players jeered and away goals cheered was not what I had in mind for Easter Monday.

[/quote]

Saint - Another post im completely in agreement with. If only some other people could be as objective as this.

Can someone please explain what is so bad about singing:

1. we want worthy out, we want worthy out

2. what a load of rubbish

3. this is embarrasing

I agree that boo''ing Hughes is OTT and I say again that I didn''t join in with any of the above chants, but honestly think lots of fans are being really melodramtic about it all slinging insults at people, but not actually getting across why their actions have been perceived as so bad.

Reasons why the above chants are embarrasing to you as a fan, make the people shouting them morons or any of the other insults thrown at them or make Norwich a laughing stock would be appreciated rather than just hearsay.

I think it is okay to chant the above for these reasons:

1.  Paying fans have the right after 2 seasons to make it clear by any means legal and non-threatening that they want the Manager replaced.

2. It was a load of rubbish, fact.  Again paying fans have the right to vent frustration at the team and the manager in an attempt to get something to change and guess what it did change, so it must have had some affect.

3.  It was embarrasing and again the same as above.

[quote user="StevenageFan"]

3. this is embarrasing

I agree that boo''ing Hughes is OTT and I say again that I didn''t join in with any of the above chants, but honestly think lots of fans are being really melodramtic about it all slinging insults at people, but not actually getting across why their actions have been perceived as so bad.

Reasons why the above chants are embarrasing to you as a fan, make the people shouting them morons or any of the other insults thrown at them or make Norwich a laughing stock would be appreciated rather than just hearsay.

1.  Paying fans have the right after 2 seasons to make it clear by any means legal and non-threatening that they want the Manager replaced.

2. It was a load of rubbish, fact.  Again paying fans have the right to vent frustration at the team and the manager in an attempt to get something to change and guess what it did change, so it must have had some affect.

[/quote]

I can totally understand why people chose to chant the three you have mentioned.  It was dreadful football again on show from City and for large amounts of people there on Monday it was the final straw.  Some of it went too far, ie the amount of abuse directed at Hughes.  However it was a game at home that had nothing (in terms of the league table) riding on it, if we can''t even play some good stuff in a nothing game then it very worrying.

[quote user="StevenageFan"]

3. this is embarrasing

[/quote]It is wrong when the game is goaless and when what is obviously missing is the crowds attempt to lift their team. Had it been silent I would have less of a problem but as the QPR fans have suggested - and it was audible on the radio - the vocal section of our support were negative towards our team from the word go.As I have said before - if the more vocal sections of the ground have been negative since before Christmas then surely some of the blame has to lay at their feet? Not backing the team as the job of the 12th man then how do you expect new players and players low on confidence to find that extra energy and enthiusiasm that good strong support can bring?Sure when we are 2-0 down I can understand it. But in the build up to both QPR goals you can clearly hear our own fans slagging our players and team off. And for a long time prior to their first goal as I have already suggested.To me this is the same as willing the team to loose! Call me what you like but under no circumstances would I ever like to see our team loose. And when it comes to people who call themselves supporters wanting the team to looser to prove their opionions correct I certainly get angry and sad.Unfortunately for me - its only me in my family that really supports Norwich. My sister follows them and goes to some games with me but as I mentioned before neither of my parents are big followers of the game and they are both from Essex. I chose to support Norwich and throughout my childhood the only times I went was when I managed to go with friends or fill a season ticket seat when my best pall is away (in my youth I got something like 20p a week pocket money). At other times when I was old enough my mum gave me the money and I went by myself or with a buddy.So those of you that go with family I am sure do not take it for granted - sharing the game is a lot more fun.You cut me and my blood runs Green and Yellow. I love, and I mean love, everything Norwich. I miss it badly and I will one day return but first I have to try and ply my trade - one of my ambitions. Once I have experience and a name I will return and in the meantime I will go to as many games as I can. But I will never give up supporting the team.Should I have some sort of grudge against Worthington I would not will the team to loose just to give my own personal crusade more ammunition nor will I ever support that notion. As poor as our season has been, 7th place is well and truly within reach with Cardiff and Wolves left to play. I would really like to see us win both matches and finnish there.Finally I will contest those challenging Worthingtons reccord at our club. Compare his five-sic seasons with the five to six prior to it. And as for Mike Walker - his best season with us was his first - can you really argue that the season wasnt lucky and that Worthingtons promotion season was?

Good to see you back Konstantin - an a shame that the lack of tolerance of anyone elses view will mean you are unlikely to return.

It is a sad day when people can not express their opinion, which ever side of the glass fence that has been built it comes from, without a post descending into irrational vitriole. 

Just because you (not you KP) do not agree with an opinion or a course of action does not automatically make it wrong - it just makes it different.  Something are intrinsically wrong but everything else is a freedom of expression and as with animal rights campaigners there are those who will make a protest illegally by using bombs, kidnapping and desecrating graves etc but that does not mean all animal liberationalists are that extreme.  Its the same with the WO/KTF groups.

Its easy to assume all fan booing hughes were worthy outers - this is not the case as some fervent worthy inners were seen abusing him too, but I as a worthy outer did not, as did many others on this board.  Likewise NCISA & worthyout.co.uk have both nailed their colours to the mast on how they view and want to express their opinions.   The latter have made their ''behaviour code'' clear and they deserve paludits for that and the way they have worked with the authorities too.   That does not mean that they organise and orchestrate every out chant or negative atmosphere - that goes to the whole fan base - inners outers and hoeky cokeyers all inclusive.

Why civilised fans cannot discuss the current state of affairs without resorting violence is beyond me - one lad in the lower barclay had his eye patched up after a bust up on monday and another was excluded from the snakepite - from which side of the divide either sat does not matter - they all tovividly demonstrate that the PC culture of monocular thinking pervades our club to the core which may take far to long to resolve even once Worthy has left the club.

Its not the singing that is embarrasing - its the lack of tolerance of anothers view that is.