Sign in to follow this  
StevenageFan

So it's okay for Delia but not the fans!!

Sons of Bodicea hit the nail on the head in another thread and I felt it was worth a new thread.

When Delia, God love her, thought the fans were not doing their job she marched onto the pitch with Microphone in hand and screamed like a Banshee at us all.

At the time it was bloomin embarrasing, loads of criticism from opposition fans, media etc.  However, we turned an embarrasing situation into a positive one.  The club made Delia "let''s be havin you" T-shirts which sold and made the club more money.  The fans now sing "Lets be avin you" loud and proud.

However, when the fans think the Manager is not doing his job and call for his sacking, they are called mindless yobs, rabble and whatever else by half the crowd that disagree apparently with freedom of speech.  Maybe because they think it is embarrasing, maybe because they don''t agree, that''s not clear because no one actually explains why they are so disgusted with the chants (excluding boo''ing Hughes).

If they think it''s embarrasing, then so what, it''s the fans choice to stand up and sing/chant, so why be embarrassed about it?  Do what we did before and turn it into a positive thing instead of attacking with personal and stereo typing insults i.e. everyone that sang those awful chants are morons and village idiots.

If you disagree and in fact think the Manager is doing a great job, then fine, construct your opinion and debate as usual, but don''t resort to name calling just because you don''t agree.

I know both sides have resorted into name calling, that''s why I have been off the boards for ages, but two wrongs don''t make a right you know, didn''t your mothers teach you anything? :-)

Good to see you back Stevenage Fan !!!! Got to agree with the one way scenario thing - why slate the supporters for not getting behind the team at the Man City game and yet publicly virtually state theat NW is the best thing since sliced bread.

I hear wedding bells and it''s not Delia and Nige. 

Ay, you''re right there Navman, the bells you hear are mine. Invites are hopefully out soon, also the stag do at Carrow Road invite as soon as I can pin point a date.

[quote user="StevenageFan"]

Sons of Bodicea hit the nail on the head in another thread and I felt it was worth a new thread.

When Delia, God love her, thought the fans were not doing their job she marched onto the pitch with Microphone in hand and screamed like a Banshee at us all.

At the time it was bloomin embarrasing, loads of criticism from opposition fans, media etc.  However, we turned an embarrasing situation into a positive one.  The club made Delia "let''s be havin you" T-shirts which sold and made the club more money.  The fans now sing "Lets be avin you" loud and proud.

However, when the fans think the Manager is not doing his job and call for his sacking, they are called mindless yobs, rabble and whatever else by half the crowd that disagree apparently with freedom of speech.  Maybe because they think it is embarrasing, maybe because they don''t agree, that''s not clear because no one actually explains why they are so disgusted with the chants (excluding boo''ing Hughes).

If they think it''s embarrasing, then so what, it''s the fans choice to stand up and sing/chant, so why be embarrassed about it?  Do what we did before and turn it into a positive thing instead of attacking with personal and stereo typing insults i.e. everyone that sang those awful chants are morons and village idiots.

If you disagree and in fact think the Manager is doing a great job, then fine, construct your opinion and debate as usual, but don''t resort to name calling just because you don''t agree.

I know both sides have resorted into name calling, that''s why I have been off the boards for ages, but two wrongs don''t make a right you know, didn''t your mothers teach you anything? :-)

[/quote]

SOB writes some excellent things and makes interesting points, but at the risk of claiming mine is bigger, it was me who made the point that SOB recognised in the QPR fan thread

Delia called us the best fans in the world again.frankly I dont like that comment at this moment in time and I find it personally insulting. I''m sure others feel the same way...she says the fact that we bought season tickets means we want Worthington to stay...I thought it meant we support our team Norwich and want to watch our team play... She is toyally off her kitchen... The fans relationship with the club could turn nasty.

[quote user="Juninho Stegglinho Barairos Du Pon"]

Delia called us the best fans in the world again.frankly I dont like that comment at this moment in time and I find it personally insulting. I''m sure others feel the same way...she says the fact that we bought season tickets means we want Worthington to stay...I thought it meant we support our team Norwich and want to watch our team play... She is toyally off her kitchen... The fans relationship with the club could turn nasty.

[/quote]

All Delia said , was that we were the best fans in the world , and , for the life of me , I couldn`t get insulted  about that !    she  DIDN`T   say this meant  that we want Worthy to stay ....

I can understand  Wiz`s hatred of Delia , you always hate the one you love  , LOL  ,  but  for others to start slagging off Delia  just over some  innocent remarks  , is quite sickening in my book !   NOT a manly thing to do !!   

Although we`ve been down this route before , it bears repeating  , that there is NO evidence  that Delia  interfere`s directly  in the  actual   footballing side of running the club ,  thats what the board is for !   She`s  a major shareholder , and  a big fan ,  but she`s not the queen  of the club , and she  can`t fire Nigel  just like that !    can you imagine her marching into  the board room during a meet , whacking her handbag on the table, and ordering the board  to sack Nigel ?   it wont , repeat , wont,    happen !!!    its the BOARD that has the final say ........

Rossi I have read the thread again and apologies, credit where credit is due it was you that raised the point in the first place, well done that man :-)