Sign in to follow this  
0King Juan of SpainddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Applauding opposition goals - now we're just like Wolves

Hope you''re proud of yourselves, all you who applauded QPR''s goals on Sat. You were doing exactly what the Wolves fans have been doing at their games. Perhaps you''ll be happy to applaud them if they score against us, while at the same time singing ''we only hate Ipswich and Wolves''.

I CANNOT BELIEVE some people on this board are happy to applaud opposition goals, and then even admit it! You make me sick to my stomach. If I cancel my season ticket it won''t be because of the rubbish season we''ve had, it''ll be because I don''t want to be anywhere near you people. And you have the gall to call yourselves fans.

Our last home game should be an interesting one, City will have 2, 000 away supporters cheering them on whilst the gold sc*m will have the benefit of half our home support. Should be very intriguing. 

Well said. Wolves fans think they are bigger than the club, because the board gives in every time they demand a change of manager.  In terms of footballing success, where has it got them?  Ditto Newcastle United, who are now struggling to find anyone willing to take on what is meant to be one of the top jobs in football management.  Full credit to our board for not going down that route.  Let that genie out of the bottle and you''ll never get it back.

You''re far from alone in not wanting to renew because of the atmosphere.  There are some positive vibes coming out of the NU Corner.  I''m moving there (from the Lower Barclay) next season, and so are a number of others, including some sensible WOs.  Care to join us? 

Celebrating an opponents goal is indeed a gratuitous act for a supporter to commit but ask yourself why did so many do it? Of course the reasons are manifold but it is nothing more than a desperate attempt to demonstrate to the board of directors just how badly we feel about the current plight facing our club and their reticence to do anything about it.

Believe me, this will get far worse before it gets better and the board would do well to remember the last days of the Chase regime as although by and large we are a quiet old bunch we know when we having it pulled.

Supporting our club goes much further than buying scarf’s and signed shirts, this is about something that plays a large part in many of our life’s and when we feel it is being abused some resort to drastic measures others don’t understand.

To conclude, I really wouldn’t take it personally but it does show just how far we have fallen that it has come to this.

Worthy, for the sake of our club go and go now as your presence is having a deeply divisive effect on the most important thing of all, us!

You''re so right Juan, and it''s great to see a backlash on here against the minority rabble who would do something like cheer an opposition goal, who would taunt and belittle one of their own players (from the safety of the stand, of course), and who don''t give a toss for the message this sends out about the Club.

And now the Pink''Un website has come on board the bandwagon - criticising Delia''s comment about "the best fans in the world". It''s simple enough really - those who did this on Monday are by definition NOT the "best fans in the world", so she must have been talking about the vast majority of us. 

It''s comical really that all the hysteria has resulted in absolutely.... nothing. Or nothing except very unpleasant and unprecedented scuffling among fans. And, of course, a record season ticket take-up. How does that make you feel?

[quote user="Garth Crooks is a"]

King - real madrid fans applauded Ronaldhino when he scored against them. (and barcelona are massive rivals)

[/quote]

You do understand the HUGE difference in the situations dont you?

I applauded Zola at Stamford Bridge in the Cup replay, as did a few others around me, but would never lower myself to what happened Monday.

Whats so good about the NU corner?
It would be good if that corner made some noise as that might entice other fans in that quite area of the ground to join in.

Have to agree entirely with this post.  Is this how low we have gone as supporters to have to cheer opposition goals?  What if Worthy goes, do you really think any potential manager or new signing is going to come to a team who applauds the opposition when they score a goal?  I personally thought it was absolutely disgraceful.  You can see a difference, watching Arsenal last season was a pleasure to watch and I''m sure many fans applauded the quality and it was a matter of respect because from a personal standpoint, they were the best team I''d ever seen play at Carrow Road but purposely celebrating an opposition goal in order to make a point?  No thank you

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]No we are not like Wolves ...they have a manager .[/quote]Hells bells, Tic-Tacs, that''s the whole point, they want rid of him as much as you want rid of Worthy.

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]Whats so good about the NU corner?
It would be good if that corner made some noise as that might entice other fans in that quite area of the ground to join in.[/quote]

There are people there who are trying to get behind the team. They don''t make too much noise yet because there aren''t enough that are willing to sing, but they are making the effort rather than booing our own team. You probaly can''t hear them because you''re too busy whingeing.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]

Hope you''re proud of yourselves, all you who applauded QPR''s goals on Sat. You were doing exactly what the Wolves fans have been doing at their games. Perhaps you''ll be happy to applaud them if they score against us, while at the same time singing ''we only hate Ipswich and Wolves''.

I CANNOT BELIEVE some people on this board are happy to applaud opposition goals, and then even admit it! You make me sick to my stomach. If I cancel my season ticket it won''t be because of the rubbish season we''ve had, it''ll be because I don''t want to be anywhere near you people. And you have the gall to call yourselves fans.

[/quote]Agreed. At least, despite his shortcomings, Worthington is a decent man. More than can be said for a lot of our so-called supporters.

could be interesting this. wolves supporting us and visa versa! wolves may applaud opposition goals but it looks like hoddle is going, job done?

i took the mick out of the QPR fans celebrating...

QPR make me laugh.. i remember one year we played em on boxing day i think.. and this guy who looked like Groucho Marx wanted a fight with anyone he saw... the man looked even more stupid when the stewards marched him out

jas :)

i think the fans were applauding the qpr goals ironically - certainly the second goal was a joke - lee cook has all the time in the world in the city box, turning from one foot to the other before scoring, without incurring a single challenge.  the silent protest was always going to become vocal at some stage.  delia and worthy know the strength of feeling that exists now and the debate moves on. 

I was one of the fans who aplauded Cooks goal simply because it was a lovely piece of skill finished of with a good shot across the goalkeeper.  I was also delighted that we came from behind to win and stood up in the N&P  and sang "we''re not whinging anymore"

I like to watch good football , I also like to see Norwich win so left happy. Although through out the season I feel we have under performed both in results and quality. I however am happy to stand behind the board and the manager.

And I expect a better season next year when we have a chance to buy a new right sided midfielder ( to replace Marney) and a ball playing central midfielder to compliment our ball winners in the middle.

[quote user="Old Boy"]

You''re so right Juan, and it''s great to see a backlash on here against the minority rabble who would do something like cheer an opposition goal, who would taunt and belittle one of their own players (from the safety of the stand, of course), and who don''t give a toss for the message this sends out about the Club.

And now the Pink''Un website has come on board the bandwagon - criticising Delia''s comment about "the best fans in the world". It''s simple enough really - those who did this on Monday are by definition NOT the "best fans in the world", so she must have been talking about the vast majority of us. 

It''s comical really that all the hysteria has resulted in absolutely.... nothing. Or nothing except very unpleasant and unprecedented scuffling among fans. And, of course, a record season ticket take-up. How does that make you feel?

[/quote]

Minority rabble?   Didn''t look like a minority to me, were you there?   Yet again insults towards passionate fans.  I am a professional citizen not rabble.  Just because I deomstrate against the person I think is ruining my beloved team, doesn''t mean I am part of a rabble.

Taunt players from the safety of the stand - if we are a minority then surely all you lot would be on top of us in stands and the stands would in fact be the least safe place.   Of course you abusing passionate fans from the saftety of your desk is completely different right?

Don''t give a toss about the message - Do you actually know what the message is?  Ask any other Championship team fan what they think about Norwich and I guarantee Monday isn''t even on the radar.  Norwich fans are known as loyal throughout the country.   The only message protesters are trying to get across is to the board and that is that Worthy is not good enough to take us any further and Hughes should NOT be played in front of ANY other Midfielder we have on the books that is fit, including Charlton.

Record season ticket take up - makes me feel proud to be a Norwich fan.  Both my father and I want Worthy out and agree with the protestors, but both have renewed our season tickets in the hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

The only reason there is bickering between fans is because of different opinions, thats football folks, it always has been and always will be.  Stop taking it all so personally and stop labelling people as pathetic rabble or whatever else you come up with from the saftey of your home.  The fans that protest do so because they want IMPROVEMENT and they recognise that will not happen with Worthy in charge.  Writing letters, avoiding games, staying seated when we score, will not work, Delia will still think everything is all rosey at Carrow Road.  Protesting in the style of Monday will get things noticed and things will change is it continues.  None of this is against Worthy as a person, its not his fault he doesn''t have the ability to take the team to the nex level and stay there.  He has had his chance this season and just proved he learnt absolutely nothing from his previous seasons in charge, end of the line.

[quote user="StevenageFan"]He has had his chance this season and just proved he learnt absolutely nothing from his previous seasons in charge, end of the line.

[/quote]

Chances, not chance.  Several times this season he has been handed a lifeline for his job and for a play off place but every time things started to look better it fell apart just a quickly.

Sorry Stevenage fan, but the fact is that even when we were 2-0 down and people were singing "stand up if you want worthy out" it was about 1 in 20, if that, that stood up...is this a majority? - I don''t think so.  Most people are certainly sympathetic to the WO idea, we have had a woeful season and looked as abysmal as I can recall at times, but anyone thinking that the awful showing from some supporters on Monday helped their cause is in a dreamworld.

I do agree with Old Boy about the pink un jumping on the bandwagon - to me it is better if the media stays impartial but I''ve only seen negative stuff in their articles in recent weeks/months - giving space to just about anyone who can be bothered to comment negatively about the Club, and openly promoting any anti-Worthy protest however small.  That isn''t really what I''d have expected of it, but c''est la vie.

Re record season take up   -   errrr, haven''t we sold less that at this stage last season, so how can that be a record? As for "minority rabble", at 2-0 down that was a very "large minority" chanting. Also, in every part of the ground, there are large numbers who have all had enough, and want W to go, but chanting is not there style. If Delia really wants harmony back, and to stop deviding the supporters, the solution is all too simple. If you think its bad now, just imagine what it will be like 12 games in to next season, and we are outside the top 6!!

Everyone has a right to an opinion and to express it in any way they want to (within the confines of the law of course) and I will defend anyones right to do so.

I''m not sure where all the name calling started but there seems to be this desire to categorise everyone as either a KTFer or a WOer, thus creating a Good vs Evil athmosphere (and I''m not saying who is who).

I didn''t join in when other supporters cheered the QPR goals. In fact I personally believe that it was not an appropriate way to go about things. Believe me, I am just as disappointed as you with regard to this season but I did not feel it necessary to jump up and start supporting the opposition.

One point though. You say that the fans who protest want improvement and that they recognise this will not happen with worthy in charge. Surely you mean they think/believe that it will not happen with Worthy in charge. After all, as you said it is only your opinion and not a fact. To say that you recognise it is to suggest that you are on a higher plain of understanding than other supporters who disagree, and that smacks of arrogance and only adds fuel to the arguments against your position.

PP. To the poster who tried to liken it to the Ronaldinho goal with Real Madrid fans clapping him....well....LOL......I really hope you said that with tongue in cheek. The circumstances were very different.

[quote user="StevenageFan"]

Minority rabble?   Didn''t look like a minority to me, were you there?   Yet again insults towards passionate fans.  I am a professional citizen not rabble.  Just because I deomstrate against the person I think is ruining my beloved team, doesn''t mean I am part of a rabble.

[/quote]

Melodramatic tosh - "ruining my beloved team". The worst, and totally accurate, accusation that can be made against Worthy is that he''s failed to take the Club forward, when he had helped to create a great opportunity to do that. He is not ruining the Club. It''s silly exaggerations like that that undermine the Worthy Out campaign. The persecution of individuals that''s going on now is more likely to ruin your beloved Club than Worthy is.

Taunt players from the safety of the stand - if we are a minority then surely all you lot would be on top of us in stands and the stands would in fact be the least safe place.   Of course you abusing passionate fans from the saftety of your desk is completely different right?

[/quote]

Not the case - the protestors don''t worry about the consequences of their actions (see your own remark below), whereas the majority do.

Don''t give a toss about the message - Do you actually know what the message is?  Ask any other Championship team fan what they think about Norwich and I guarantee Monday isn''t even on the radar.  Norwich fans are known as loyal throughout the country.   The only message protesters are trying to get across is to the board and that is that Worthy is not good enough to take us any further and Hughes should NOT be played in front of ANY other Midfielder we have on the books that is fit, including Charlton.

[/quote]

I don''t agree about Hughes. I would play Hughes in centre midfield rather than Robinson, or Charlton, every time. And the message.... the message is that we''re a Club with mean-minded fans who pick on individual players, who hound managers, who have an inflated sense of their Club''s status. In other words, we''re just like Wolves, who can''t attract good coaches or players partly because of that, and who are condemned to eternal mediocrity. 

...None of this is against Worthy as a person, its not his fault he doesn''t have the ability to take the team to the nex level and stay there.  He has had his chance this season and just proved he learnt absolutely nothing from his previous seasons in charge, end of the line.

[/quote]

Mealy-mouthed claptrap - the protests are totally and viciously personal against Worthy, as is the taunting of Hughes and the booing of Henderson. Anyone who reads this board can see that that''s the case.

I''m not satisfied with the state of things, but there''s no way that I''d protest against an individual, and the more extreme the protests get, the more I''m convinced I''m right.

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]Whats so good about the NU corner?
It would be good if that corner made some noise as that might entice other fans in that quite area of the ground to join in.[/quote]

Positive vibes coming out of the NU corner. Haha, it''s a joke. It''s about ten 40yr olds with deep husky voices with free tickets from Norwich Union making fools of themselves, and a few kids joining in.

I''m amazed they haven''t been kicked out, as that corner is meant to be a community stand. The ringleader (too easy a target to physically ridicule) likes to regurgitate old faves such as "If I had a wings of a sparrow...." His younger more impressionable colleagues (they are all about 35years old) then join in and they all giggle afterwards.

Meanwhile the majority of the N&P and Jarrolds stands sit there laughing at them. I''m not sure if they are a local amateur dramatic society employed by Delia to ''make some noise....'' or narrow minded degenerate employees of the company that Norwich used to be proud of. Bit like it''s football club.

Old Boy I''don''t want to argue with you over this but you miss the point.  I haven''t been on the boards for months because of all the bickering, but after Monday I felt I should say something.  Comparing us to Wolves is rubbish though, Norwich fans have been patient all season long and now there is nothing left to play for people have started to speak up.  Okay Hughes has been boo''ed for more than a couple of weeks and a few fans have been calling for Worthy''s head before or after the game, but on the whole the Norwich fans have been as loyal as ever.  It is you that is being melodramatic to compare us to Wolves fans after one major demonstration.  Are you happy to pay your money and what watch poor tactical decisions, poor team selections and most of all poor football?  I''m not and after months of saying nothing I have decided to do so and get shouted down and abused for it.   I realise from reading back over these threads that lots of name calling has been going on for months now and that is bad.   Lots of Norwich fans seem to think accept that Norwich is a small Norfolk club that should be content with its place in the grand scheme of football.  They think we could never be an Arsenal or a Chelsea and maybe they are right, but we have been there before so why can''t we again?   I want to see us challenging for UEFA spots and top 10 finishes in the Prem, the club is capable of doing that, but not with the current Manager.  If you still beleive the fans are attacking him persoanlly then there is no point trying to explain it to you.   We pay money into this club, it wouldn''t survive without us, we have every right to complain if the man in charge is not steering us in the right direction.

To the poster that said something about me coming across as arrogant because I implied I know that Nigel cannot improve the team, I apologise if my wording was not correct, but I stand by what I said.   Nigel hasn''t improved the football being played - it is worse now than it was 4 seasons ago.   Nigel hasn''t improved the squad at all, smaller and less talented.   Okay he has improved our league position to that when he took over, but what is that worth?   He has proved that with a lot of luck he could get us to the Prem, but he has also proved he cannot keep us there and given a second chance had no idea how to get us there again.   As it stands now I cannot see how he has improved as a Manager and therefore how we can expect our team to improve with him in charge, that is what I meant, is that better?

If you think he has improved as a Manager then please feel free to list the qualities that he is showing that say he has improved?

SF, what is there to say that ''professional citizens'' can''t act like a rabble? Jeffrey Archer, Jonathan Aitken, Tony Blair, George Bush and John Prescott are just a couple of examples of very ''professional citizens'' that I would quite confidently collectively term a rabble!