Summer Signings

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

How about:

Richard Chaplow - 1.5 million CM
Greg Halford - £750,000 RM
Chris Sutton - Free CF

or perhaps

Jason Koumas - 1.5 Million CM
Chris Blunt - 750,000 Winger (both sides apparantly)
Gregorsz Rasiak 1.5 million CF

[/quote]

halford is rumoured to be coventry bound, soo too davenport (loan)

Also check this one out:http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1781_1168951,00.htmlMay mean an end to Halford.

I predict, and I fear that we will enter the Transfer market too late again and be scaping around for whats left while the likes of Halford, Davenport, Commons and Blunt will be well settled into their new clubs.

I believe we had a bid accepted and Halford decided to stay and see if they got promoted. Or it was that Greg wanted to come but Colchester said no. Imo if they dont come up then we can out price anyone else. Especially if we sell green.

I predict all the good players will be gone by mid July and we will not buy anyone til August

Just like to point out that Southampton have already agreed to buy Rasiak from Spurs for £1.5m as part of the loan deal that took him to St Mary''s.

[quote user="ncfc4eva"]greg halford will be a norwich city player next season providing Colchester accept a bid from us.[/quote]

in order to accept one, first we have to offer one

[quote user="chicken"]Also check this one out:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1781_1168951,00.html

May mean an end to Halford.
[/quote]

I really hope we don''t sign Carlos Edwards.  He has been described as a "utility" man and I think we could do without any more of those.

[quote user="chocolate nutter"]

Dream summer buys

1.Halford

2.Koumas

3.Commons

4.Davenport

5.Billy Jones

[/quote]

i read somewhere that reading were interested in koumas, sheff utd commons, halford and davenport already said coventry

Sutton is a definite.

A previous poster (last week I think) mentioned the purchase of a house near Roughton and I know the estate agent involved who has confirmed this.

I also have evidence of a Sutton move from another source but to reveal it would probably cost him his job so I will say no more...

Brilliant foil for Earnie in my opinion if we can keep him fit...

i would quite like us to sign a player who just could not play anywhere apart from one position. Then perhaps he will be good in that position instead of rubbish in 8 positions.

The five players i would want to join us would be:

1) Greg Halford (One of the most likely players to join us out the 5 ive picked)

2) Jason Koumas (Destined for the prem next year, 100% certain we wouldnt sign him)

3) Richard Chaplow ( Probably likely to join Southampton in the summer, but if we made a bid he would probably join us + hes a centre midfielder)

4) Billy Jones (Crewe have been relegated so he would definatly join us but i doubt Worthless even knows who he is.)

5) Paul Gallagher (Been brilliant for Stoke this season on loan from Blackburn, Stoke aint got a chance of signing him, would be ideal to play upfront with Earnshaw.)

Given recent record I think the players above are good names but we are more likely to get the likes of Carlos Edwards or Vaughan than the ones mentioned. 

Reign in those expectations now. 

if we sign sutton what makes everybody think he will play up front? if worthy stays as manager he will probably play right back or right wing? anyway why does everybody want sutton? he is 33yrs old and injury prone, sounds a bit like thorne and all the other wasters wehave had our illustrious clown of a manager purchase, so thats a definite signing no doubt!

Players I want who would probably jump at the chance to play for us who are affordable in order I want them;

Greg Halford
David Vaughan
Billy Jones

We should not spend a fortune and get a whole new sqaud because 1. we cant aford it and 2. the current set of players are still gelling. If we sold Greeny then this would make extra funds available to buy a striker but IMO we have enough strikers for this league as it is. This would be my starting 11 for next season;

Gallacher

Caveman Doherty Shackell Drury

Halford Spillane Jones Vaughan

Jarvis Etuhu

Rotate the midfield with Etuhu, Robinson, Mcviegh and Hucks depending on form and fitness and same with the strikers. Rotation is the way forward, look at Spurs this and last season, especially Robbie Keane, he knows as soon as he starts playing bd hes gonna be warming the bence the next week so hes been playing fantastically.