Sign in to follow this  
Trickydicky

Get real please

Having waited some time I have decided now to post a message because I am saddened at the attitude of what I still consider to be a minotrity of fans calling for the head of Worthington. I remember the same banter showing impatience with Iwan roberts during his first season saying he was the worst signing we had ever made etc. the same calls were made for the head of Mike Walker during his short second spell when despite very difficult personal circumstances we had a good stab at the playoffs and if he had been given a bit longer I think we could have made some real progress.

Worthington has his fautlts yes, but has achieved a tremendous amount during his time here, with not limitlmess reousrces. His signings this year may seem a mixed bag, but even they havne''t all been given a fair chance by the fans. Andy Hughes is being given the sort of treatment Iwan Robers was given during his first season, anmd look what a legend he went on to become. I respect Darren Huckerby and his thoughts on Etuhu need to be listened to.

the Board have i think showen great wisdom over the last few years mixing prudecne with ambition and the signing of huckerby and Ashton prove this. their judgement over the management situation needs to be respected and accepted, and they do listen to the fans.

thank goodness they show more maturity and rational thinking then so mny of the W o s who have resorted to such pathetic effeorts as jeering their own players and cheering opposition goals.

Gets the message across though doesnt it  , and thats whats upsetting you ktf merchants . The myth that its a 100 or so internet users wanting him gone was blown out of the water Monday .As for respecting their judgement over the manager , sorry they are putting frienships before whats best for the club .Long may the protests continue untill this poor excuse for a manager is removed.

Another view point that takes looking back as a justification for continuing with the current.

personally I am fed up with soundbites in the EEN and EDP from the players and no demonstration of this "passion" on the pitch.

I have said before that as a Business NCFC is doing fine but the current regime is alienating its customers by serving up a rubbish product. People only have so much patience, it is starting to wear thin. If WO is a minority why don''t the majority at Carrow Road make a positive atmosphere?

Hi!TD. A well moderated post and much that I will agree with.  Worthy has made many mistakes in many directions, especially his attempts at meeting the media.  He has also done some good work for NCFC, that said, the behaviour of the W Outs has hardly been exemplary has it, and the board writers of the same ilk, their attempts at humour has been pathetic to the point of jouvenility? Thanks for your input I look forward to more in the future.

Yes I would agree that those people who were quick to start criticising Nigel Worthington and singing "You don''t know what you''re doing" were premature and shouldn''t have done so.

HOWEVER now a further 4 years has passed and the football is still poor and the manager is still showing innumerable signs of not knowing what he is doing, I think we have earned the right to show our displeasure and still be regarded as "true" supporters.

Personally as a man in my middle aged years I object to anyone telling me I do not have a voice!

Hi Tricky,

You make some very reasonable arguments but in one important respect I feel you have misled readers.

You mention MW''s 2nd spell. His first season was resaonable, we had a great first couple of months and then fell away finishing about 10th I think. The second season was poor and we spent much of the last three months or so sliding towards the relegation zone. BUT, we finished with style by winning at Sheff Utd (with cracking goals from Bellars and Llwellyn) and those famous back to back 5-0 home wins. What happened next? MW was sacked!

Now opinions varied about MW in that second season and many thought that he was ''past his sell by date'' but there was NEVER the extent of feeling about him as there is Worthy nor was there ever any ''We want Walker Out'' chants, protests, campaigns etc. It just DID NOT HAPPEN!  

If the Board are so good at showing ''maturity and rational thinking'' why was MW sacked? Answer is becuase he dared stand up to Delia Smith and Bob Cooper about their intention to hand over some of the training at Colney to sports fitness experts who had done work at QPR (I think) and Harlequins Rugby Club. How long did that ''fitness regime'' last? From memory Dave Carolan was subsequently employed by the club, the rest disappeared in time. Couldn''t you tell how the club really moved forward on the back of that little investment? Yeah, thought not!

You say the Board ....''listen to the fans''. Agreed, but all clubs will say that. Norwich do it far more in practice than many others but then they totally blank any view that is different to the party line so what is the point in the whole PR exercise? I''ll give you one example. At the Diss forum, I stood up and said to Delia Smith that one of the reasons (IMO) why we were relegated last season was the whole ''little Norwich'' ethos that she trumpeted. My view was that we did not have a sufficiently positive approach to the campaign and there was always an acceptance that we were going down. Her response? ''Thank you for your question but you are totally, completely and utterly wrong''!    

yawn, I could bother with responding with the facts about, most money spent in club history, 15th when he took over, five years and millions of pounds late, tenth,

THere the facts, then there is the opinions, the ones that say we are playing hideous football, the team selections are all wrong, the coaching staff are poor, buy you know if you can''t see these now, I''m not ever sure what could convince you, if what''s happening on the football pith week in week out doesn''t convince you that were in a huge mess, then who am I to.

This "I consider to be a minority" business is an absolute load of rubbish.

I know a lot of fans who follow Norwich City and of the proper fans I know and speak to (by which I mean home season ticket holders and people who watch us away on a regular basis - probably about 100 in all I do not know a single fan who wants him to stay. There amy be a few in the riverend and Jarrold Stand who worship the ground delai walks on and who sit there with their rug and thrmos flask at home games who still like him but the proper, hardcore fans who watch us week in week out do not. In my view their opinion count far more than the part timers or exiles who hardly ever see us play who seem to make up the KTF brigade.

"Yes I would agree that those people who were quick to start criticising Nigel Worthington and singing "You don''t know what you''re doing" were premature and shouldn''t have done so.

HOWEVER now a further 4 years has passed and the football is still poor and the manager is still showing innumerable signs of not knowing what he is doing, I think we have earned the right to show our displeasure and still be regarded as "true" supporters.

Personally as a man in my middle aged years I object to anyone telling me I do not have a voice!"

Its this incredibly untrue and false attitude that wins no support from me and some of the others.Your suggesting that we have never played good footaball under Worthington - yet I have not heard or seen you or any of the "majority" that have had a problem with the bad football that has been at this club for 5 years now!!!!I think this is the first season that has been really quite poor under Worthington. I would argue that the play-off final campaign and the promotion campaign were both extraordinary seasons. I mean we got to the play-offs with the likes of Sutch still in the team.So to suggest that the football has been poor all of that time is one of the biggest fabrications I have heard. Sorry, and this is going to sound extreme, but I do not believe that it is even debatable unless you have wanted us to play Arsenal/Man U football with players that have cost on average £400-£500k.