Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

THE REAL REASON FOR THE CARROW ROAD ATMOSPHERE

It is because supporters have renewed season tickets out of self interest but also want Worthington out.

These supporters privately fear their monetary endorsement is seen by the Board as a green light for Worthington.

In their frustration they want to signal that although they have signed up this should not be taken as a vote for Worthington so have become as they were on Saturday after a period of silent sulking.

In addition they are unable or unwilling to support protests so prefer to collectively poison the matchday atmosphere and abuse individual players.

It is interesting that Delia is criticised for not taking action to head this off, well, what pre-emptive action did the WO brigade take? Appeasement? For the sake of a few extra quid by April 17th the situation could have been resolved. It has not and the frustration of supporters is fueled by their own sense of a lack of conviction  as it is with anything or anyone else. They just wouldn''t admit it.

Spot on. The club is making much of the level of season ticket renewals, and I am sure people are keen to show that their continued support for the club is not an endorsement of Worthy. It is a difficult time for fans at the moment regardless of whether you are are a "WO" or a "KTF" or (like me) somewhere in between the two - deeply dissapointed at the type of football we play, the abject performances, the strange selections/substitutions, the crap that poors forth from Worthy after every game, the spin that comes out of the club but hoping against hope that all of this is just a blip. 

what they say is that "17 000 people have renewed season tickets"

What they dont say is how many of those have 3 or 5 year season tickets.... vthe number of "renewals" is automatic isnt it.

If u have 3 years left to run on a 5 year season ticket u will be included in that 17,000 figure... however what they dont tell us is how many 1 year season ticket holders have renewed.. thats a figure id like to see...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

What they dont say is how many of those have 3 or 5 year season tickets.... vthe number of "renewals" is automatic isnt it.

If u have 3 years left to run on a 5 year season ticket u will be included in that 17,000 figure... however what they dont tell us is how many 1 year season ticket holders have renewed.. thats a figure id like to see...

[/quote]

Thats a good point Jas, I still have 2 years to run on mine so am I included in that figure, bet I am.

I have to agree with Jas.

There are 4 in my family who all have season tickets and all want Worthington out. We all have season tickets for next season, not because we renewed, but because we had 3 or 5 year season tickets.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I still have 4 years left to go.

I too have wondered about this for a while. Is it possible Archant could ask this information of the Club, you know, some proper investigative journalism. Isn''t this what we would like to see from our reporters: ''I have asked (whoever) at NCFC what proportion of the 17000 renewals are automatic renewals due to multiple year tickets and the answer is X; therefore the number of yearly renewals is X of a total pool of X. Therefore X proportion of such supporters have renewed to date.'' This followed by a conclusion. I believe this is investigative journalism as opposed to reporting which basically means listening to someone speak, noting certain passages verbatim and summarising the rest.

Getting back to the point of the thread; how many of you with multiple tickets now regret limiting your options? It would have been good had we been in the Prem and that is the chance you take. How many of you would do it again at this point and how many would renew on a season basis if this was the current option as your ticket was expiring?