despite gallachers heroics i just dont think he''s good enough. he''s not physically big enough and his kicking is suspect. i would send lewis on a season loan, gallacher number 2 and new keeper. if gallacher doesnt want to be number 2, then new keeper with Lewis number 2. Lewis is a good keeper, but he needs experience and more hand strength

I think Greeno might be off in the summer anyway... so we could end up with the Gallagher Lewis scenario.. i imaigne another keeper would come in.. be they 2nd or 3rd choice is immaterial...

I think Gallagher would do well here

jas :)

Kill me for saying this but I think selling Green, Safri (for good cash) and any of Thorne/Hughes/Etuthu/Louis-Jean/Colin/Robinson (not sure how much we could re-coop for this bunch) and splashing out on a strong tall striker to partner Earny/McK and a reasonable midfielder (tempt Francis back... I know ,,, it could never happen) would give us what we need next year. So long as Mark Bowen was manager!

(cheeky post!)

OTBC

Sell Green for £2 million, keep Gallagher as number 1, Have lewis as number 2 and bring in another young keeper on loan as cover for the other 2.

Sell Green - it would probably be better for him, as he''s not really improving at Norwich now. If Gallacher is really as good as he showed twice, then he could be number1, with Lewis as substitute.We could do with the money from Green''s sale, but bank it until we have a new manager.

Something tells me that Green has played his last match for us, after the antics a few weeks back I just wonder if his heart was in it when he came out to warmup on Monday and felt the atmosphere awaiting the players. Anyone see him get injured? Anyone seen the scans???  I suspect a deal of some sort has been done pre World cup, his value has dropped this year in real terms but a Prem team would be quick to appreciate that it could rise straight up on the strength of just one good showing at the World Cup so would likely do the business before he goes.  Think he''s known a while he''ll be off at the end of the season........

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

Kill me for saying this but I think selling Green, Safri (for good cash) and any of Thorne/Hughes/Etuthu/Louis-Jean/Colin/Robinson (not sure how much we could re-coop for this bunch) and splashing out on a strong tall striker to partner Earny/McK and a reasonable midfielder (tempt Francis back... I know ,,, it could never happen) would give us what we need next year. So long as Mark Bowen was manager!

(cheeky post!)

OTBC

[/quote]

why would u sell Louis-Jean?

jas :)

Hopefully we will sell Green but I think we would be lucky to get £2 Million for him. I think we should still hold out for £2 Million but £1.5 Million looks more likely...

If I thought anyone would buy green then great I''d sell him tomorrow. Not because he''s bad but because I don''t think we''ll ever get as much for a keeper as we will for green right now.

Gallager is good enough and Lewis deserves his chance now as no 2.

The green money all be it 1.5 to 2 mil could be invested in much needed areas where we are worse off, as in the dreaded right midfield problem. That coupled with any Ashton money left over and any other funds the board will provide could also get us a good centre forward with height(sutton) and a good central midfield player (koumas) and possibly a solid Centre back as either cover or to start along side Shacks/the Doc.

All this for just selling a good but not great keeper? Yes I would!

I also think that with some extra depth, you might see those such as Etuhu and Robinson just that little bit more desperate to perform when called upon. You might get the best out of players who are further down the pecking order when needed.

More to the point, Why would you BUY Louis-Jean?

I agree with everyone else. I don''t think Green''s heart is in it and we could use the money to really improve the side. Transfer fee aside, he must be one of the best paid players surely? Only person I can think of who''s likely to be on more is Hucks.

The fact that despite conceding two goals at home to a bottom six club Gallagher still won the MOM match on Sunday serves only to underline the inadequacies of certain outfield positions. A great goalkeeper with a cr4p defence is always going to concede more goals than a bad keeper with a great defence. (source ncfc 2004-2005), Gallagher has shown he''s good enough that we could sell Green, use any money to shore up the leaks in the back and still retain a good keeper. Good defence, and a good keeper or a great keeper with a cr4p defence? It''s a no brainer.

as i posted the other day green has had a bust up with worthy recently and has told him if worthy is still here next year green wont be so i think that says it all really. and before anyone asks yes it did happen i got it from another player at the club.

Like I said yesterday, the only reason Worthy wants to keep Gallagher is because if he does not sign for us we will be left with just one professional keeper in the summer, being Joe Lewis.

From what I have been informed, Green is off to Everton after the World Cup!!  Its a done deal already.  I may be wrong but lets be honest his heart is not in it anymore for us and if it is not Everton it will be some other PL team.  Good on him if it is Everton, at least they have a chance in winning something or qualifing for Europe - I would hate it for him to go to a team like Charlton or Aston Villa and rot away in the leauge not doing anything apart from finishing bottom half of the table season after season - much rather be in a relegation battle or debating how crap we are doing at the momenet.

Lets just hope we can get a couple of million for him, Gallagher to sign, we then get a young or very experienced keeper coming to the end of his career as a freebie, and let Worthy invest in a couple of proven players for this league to push for promotion next season.

seliing green is the way to go. the only thing stopping him moving is finding a buyer.

green would welcome a move.

fans would welcome a move to get much needed cash.

many people would like to see gallacher or a new keeper get a chance.

all that adds up to a departure in the summer.