Sign in to follow this  
Garth Crooks is a

Would you prefer Pompey or Birmingham to be relegated?

Birmingham please - far too many Midlands teams in the Premiership than is necessary and my housemate''s a Southampton fan.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Portsmouth please

[/quote]

do you not see pompey as potentially a bigger threat to us next season if they were relegated?

[quote user="ROSSI 46"][quote user="cityangel"]

Portsmouth please

[/quote]

do you not see pompey as potentially a bigger threat to us next season if they were relegated?

[/quote]

I''m afraid Rossi Southend and whoever will be a threat to us next season as things stand.

Birmingham !,

If Gaydamak decides that he''s getting Portsmouth back up at all costs, that''s one promotion place taken before you start.

not of course that promotion will have anything to do with us next season if Worthington is still here.

Definately Portsmouth.

Lets face it, they could of beaten West Brom last year, but then Southampton could have stayed up on the other hand. Mmmmmmm

Also Harry Redknapp is highly overated:

• He performs badly with Portsmouth
  • Moves to Southampton and they get religated
  • Southampton continue to slide down the Championship
  • Moves back to Porthsmouth, Southampton begin to pick up.
  • Portsmouth loose something like their next six in a row I think?
  • Redknapp gets a load of money
  • They win a few games
  • And they may still well get religated

What makes me laugh is that he''s always been branded as this wealer dealer type who buys cheap and gets results. Well he bought no one at Southampton and they got worse. And now they call him Harry Hudini. He struggles to get out of bed in the morning let alone a religation fight.

Where does all this come from? People like Mark Lawrenson spouting rubbish on match of the day because he''s been asked to say something. Very much like the commentators who tell you how great a team are at 0-0 and when 1-0 down they don''t talk about them again.

Could I be much further away from the thread topic now? Oh yes Portsmouth definately.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Birmingham please - far too many Midlands teams in the Premiership than is necessary and my housemate''s a Southampton fan.[/quote]

2 midlands teams should disappear pete

I can''t see why this is a debate? Birmingham are an ugly team who kick, trip and snarl and play in a horrid stadium infront of fans possibly more fickle than our own. Portsmouth have flair players who excite, have welcoming and football-wise fans and the Saint Harry scenario was hilarious.

Never forgiven Blues for that play off final if truth be told! Also living with a Villa fan for three years may have had some sort of influence on my position!

OTBC

Pompey!

the media seem to have some kind of Love Affair with Arry and id love for them to wake up to reality that the mans a prat and is about to get relegated from the premiership for the 3rd time...

he has acheived nothing in the game and just spends shed loads of money on rubbish Foreign signings before whingeing when they all leave...

Redknapp is a shocking manager and gets what he deserves... also, he is 2 faced.. his comments upon leaving pompey 1st time and upon Leaving southampton prove he''s only in it for the money

jas :)

id prefer brum to go simply for the fact that the pompey fans deserve it given their support for their team .

Brum, as last year I sat next in the Jarrolds stand probably nearish to their friendly Zulu faction and they were not particularly a pleasant bunch.

They also said "We''ll meet agian..." as they left the ground. Sooner than they thought haha.

i cant decide which one, because on the one hand i would love to see old ''arry prove once and for all that he is not the magic manager the media thinks he is, i have had enough of  the ''how he got portsmouth up with no money'' myth he is sorry eager to promote.

but the again i wont be too upset if brum go down, not because i have issues with the play-off, but because if they do, they have a certain striker who may feel that if he is going to be playing in the championship he might as well be doing it with his home team rather than with a team he has no real allegiance too. 

[quote user="yella fella"]

i cant decide which one, because on the one hand i would love to see old ''arry prove once and for all that he is not the magic manager the media thinks he is, i have had enough of  the ''how he got portsmouth up with no money'' myth he is sorry eager to promote.

but the again i wont be too upset if brum go down, not because i have issues with the play-off, but because if they do, they have a certain striker who may feel that if he is going to be playing in the championship he might as well be doing it with his home team rather than with a team he has no real allegiance too. 

[/quote]

he had a bit of money - he brought the right players - he got em up and he kept em up....  didnt do badly if you ask me.

As for Southampton - you just have to look at the chairman to see why they are performing so poorly.

I don''t mind.

Both are equally accessible from where I live

Pompey would be a nicer trip on a nice day, brum better on a wet one.

They let us stand at Pompey last year, but Brum''s ground is presumably nicer

Brum have less money

Pompey have better fans

I''m going for Brum because Pompey have more money and better support and are therefore a better bet for promotion

Makes no odds really - if we want to get promoted, make the play offs or simply be competetive we will have to give either of them a game as well as the other 22 teams in this league.   Thats a step change from where we are now - get ourselves right and they will fear us not the other way around.   

I would like Birmingham to go down for a few reasons:

- Portsmouth have gone on a good run, playing some good football whereas Birmingham dont play nice football imo.
- Its another away ground that is near enough to go to
- If B''ham went down they would lose so many players and i think it would be impossible for them to bounce back, whereass Pompey have the funds

im really not sure, i think that either odf those two teams if they come down will get promoted agian as champions because they have premiership status for at least 3 years... but southampton showed that does not matter this yuear so if i was to pick the one that would do a ''southamption'' next year then that would be birmingham as alll their big players would leave, where as pompeys players probably will not

"Being from Southampton, its would normally be portsmouth (I have no interest in southampton but still hate Portsmouth) "

Aaaah, explains a lot of your ramblings CJF. How come if you''re from Southampton you support Norwich ?

Anyway, back to the point, I doubt many people would disagree that Pompeys home crowd is one of the best in the business and the atmosphere at their ground is helped by it being bloody ancient - on top of that my nipper is a Pompey season ticket holder so it has to be them to stay up over Brum.

Mark .Y.