Sign in to follow this  
Womble

Why no support for Worthy at the ground?

If there are so many people who want Worthy to stay, why has there been no support for him inside the ground for weeks now?

Not one single chant of his name from the alleged "silent majority".

People come on here and say what a disgrace the Worthy Outers are, but they go strangely silent at the games. Or is it that they don''t go and therefore haven''t seen how utterly rubbish we''ve been lately?

agreed Womble!

when i was arguing eith the blokes next to me on monday i said to one of them "why dont u chant his name then if u support him" and he replied "i dont need too..." saying something about it being obvious he was supported..

oh dear oh dear!

jas :)

There is no need to support him. He is the man in the job.

What a lot of WOs don''t seem to appreciate is that not everyone else is desperate to keep him either, they just know that there are proper ways to go about things. They don''t want to get involved in chanting against the manager, generally taking the mickey out of players and booing one man because he has become the scapegoat for all their ills.

My mate''s cat died last week, I''m sure it''s Andy Hughes fault.[:''(]

the silent majority all round me in the Barclay were all nodding in agrement with the Worthy Out chants.  Not everyone naturally wants to stand up and sing pro or against, but many agree that we need a new manager.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

agreed Womble!

when i was arguing eith the blokes next to me on monday i said to one of them "why dont u chant his name then if u support him" and he replied "i dont need too..." saying something about it being obvious he was supported..

oh dear oh dear!

[/quote]

What a purile argument, because you don''t chant the managers name means you want him sacked, great logic. The sad state of affairs is that there are so many sheep like morons shouting louder for him to go, it''s almost because the done thing, he shouldn''t need people to chant in opposition to the people that want him out. 

Now anyone fancy twisting the knife a little more? what a bunch of Judas''s.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

agreed Womble!

oh dear oh dear!

[/quote]

What a purile argument, because you don''t chant the managers name means you want him sacked, great logic. The sad state of affairs is that there are so many sheep like morons shouting louder for him to go, it''s almost because the done thing, he shouldn''t need people to chant in opposition to the people that want him out. 

Now anyone fancy twisting the knife a little more? what a bunch of Judas''s.

[/quote]

when a manager has taken a club as far as he can, and he starts to take them backwards, even with a fair amount of money to spend, perhaps it is time for a change.  Peter Reid at Sunderland, Gerard Houllier at Liverpool, Howard Wilkinson at Leads, George Burley at the scum.  Its time for a change at Carrow Road.  Fresh ideas and a new buzz need to start next season, not happiness with mediocraty and the negativity that surrounds carrow road at the moment.  we are playing worse than at the start of the season, we are going backwards still.

Time for the board to make a bold decision and then find the new man to start us moving forwards again and instill some life back into carrow road.  Look at forest for inspiration, an underperforming side under Megson, that has now won 6 matches an the trot and is sitting in a play-off place at the moment! 

Looking at some of the players we have and money he could spend what chance another man taking over in january could have achieved the play-offs??

[quote user="StevenageFan"]the silent majority all round me in the Barclay were all nodding in agrement with the Worthy Out chants.  Not everyone naturally wants to stand up and sing pro or against, but many agree that we need a new manager.[/quote]

That is clearly wrong, I guess it is wishfull thinking on your part.

Marty how do you know?   Do you know where I sit and what I look like?   I was talking about the people around me like the blokes either side of me and in front and behind, none of which stood up and chanted, but all agreed we need Worthy to go.  Stop arguing for the sake of arguing, the facts are plain to see and that is Worthy has been a great servant to the club, but can''t get us to the next level end of.   The huge majority at Carrow Road has been patient all season, but now our season is over they are speaking up and making their voices heard and all credit to them.   The team has nothing to lose now, so why not get your opinion over.  If you don''t like other peoples opinions and just want to argue you are the sad rabble, morons, pathetic and all the other abuse you lot continually fling at those that dare to speak out.

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

My mate''s cat died last week, I''m sure it''s Andy Hughes fault.[:''(]

[/quote]

Nah, it wasnt, he missed it

Maverick you and your KTF''s could chant:
Nigel, Nigel Worthington
Nigel, Nigel Worthington 
But then again that would mean you would have to make noise.
The truth of the matter is the most vocal places in carrow road are the lower barclay and the snake pit, and funnily enough most people here want worthy out that is a fact. if this was not true not WO chanting would be heard. These fans are the most passionate as most needed either way you look at it, if it wasnt for them carropw road would be a morgue.
Are there any KTF''s who chant or make any noise at all? i dont think there are. (this excludes the hand clapping when we score as even the directors do that)

I think there is more than enough abuse coming from the "fans" who want Worthy to be sacked, don''t make out I am the one slinging the mud here. I will not change my opinion based on the arguments I have read and digested so far. I will make my own opinion and I think it''s about time you lot respected us and stopped trying to bully us into changing our minds. If you are lucky enough to meet me at the ground I will catagorically demonstrate my support for our current manager, no that doesn''t mean chanting "worthy in", but I am a little more strong minded that maybe some of the people you have met. People are not always as confrontational as some of the people who want Worthy out, in other words they feel pressured into not voicing there true opions, stop ramming you opinions down everybody''s throats.

Stop trying to voice the opinion of ca. 25000 fans.

[quote user="Marty"]

I think there is more than enough abuse coming from the "fans" who want Worthy to be sacked, don''t make out I am the one slinging the mud here. I will not change my opinion based on the arguments I have read and digested so far. I will make my own opinion and I think it''s about time you lot respected us and stopped trying to bully us into changing our minds. If you are lucky enough to meet me at the ground I will catagorically demonstrate my support for our current manager, no that doesn''t mean chanting "worthy in", but I am a little more strong minded that maybe some of the people you have met. People are not always as confrontational as some of the people who want Worthy out, in other words they feel pressured into not voicing there true opions, stop ramming you opinions down everybody''s throats.

[/quote]

Marty, you are perfectly entitile to you view and i respect that. in a rubber necking type of way can you explain why you want worthy to stay please

I’m in the Worthy Out camp (but refuse to protest with negative chants & jeering during a game) but I can confirm there are people who sit near me in the lower Barclay who want Worthy to stay. They have even had ‘Worthy In’ badges made & wear them to the games.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Marty, you are perfectly entitile to you view and i respect that. in a rubber necking type of way can you explain why you want worthy to stay please

[/quote]

Well I don''t really have time to do that now but the jist of my logic is that a f ew years ago we were mid table or lower and we didn''t see such abuse towards players and managers as we do now. The attitudes have changed, maybe people have got greedy. Well, like all managers at some stage in time, ours is going through a bad spell, or should i say not so good spell. It is not just down to him, some of the players have under performed too. I guess you could question some of his signing but it isn''t and easy job, football is not and exact sceince is it? Also, go back a few years and remember how many managers we got through, how many made a difference? so until i start hearing the names of managers who we have a feasible chance of obtaining I will not accomodate the idea of sacking the one who got us promoted and to the play offs a few years ago.

I am not naturally a patient person but when it comes to football you need to be patient. 

Also, can anybody explain the logic of booing one of our players? What has he done on a personal level to deserve that abuse?

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]Maverick you and your KTF''s could chant: Nigel, Nigel WorthingtonNigel, Nigel Worthington But then again that would mean you would have to make noise.The truth of the matter is the most vocal places in carrow road are the lower barclay and the snake pit, and funnily enough most people here want worthy out that is a fact. if this was not true not WO chanting would be heard. These fans are the most passionate as most needed either way you look at it, if it wasnt for them carropw road would be a morgue. Are there any KTF''s who chant or make any noise at all? i dont think there are. (this excludes the hand clapping when we score as even the directors do that)[/quote]I don''t agree with this statement.I think you would be hard pushed to argue that just because a particular part of the ground is noisier that it is more passionate. It may be more obviously expressive but that is not more passionate. I think you will also find that there are a lot of fans that have sat in that part of the stadium before but have moved elsewhere due to family or age etc.Its true that these parts of the ground are much more vocal. But my experience is that many people stand up and join in with a chant rather than go against the flow and try and start their own.This is what I have said previously that this kind of comment is overblown and insubstancial guesswork - it stands as a very weak opinion nothing more.

[quote user="Marty"]Also, go back a few years and remember how many managers we got through, how many made a difference? so until i start hearing the names of managers who we have a feasible chance of obtaining I will not accomodate the idea of sacking the one who got us promoted and to the play offs a few years ago. [/quote]

Remember Bruce Rioch got us 9th with a very poor squad....

Here is a list of candidates, I have marked my favorites with a [:D]

Locally doing good jobs:
Mike Newell [:D]
Steve Tilson [:D]
Phil Parkinson [:D]

And others off the top of my head:
Tony Mowbray [:D]
Glenn Hoddle
Alex McGleish
Ian Holloway
Martin Allen
Bobby Robson
John Gregory
Dennis Wise
Mark Bowen [:D]
Dave Williams

And those we could try and tempt away from their current club:
Mickey Adams [:D]
Dave Jones [:D]

Or if their chairman do stupid things
George Burley [:D]
Joe Royle
Steve Bruce

I am sure other posters can add to the list of potential candidates.  But as you can see off the top of my head I have listed a fair few candidates.  Most of the above are available and would jump at the chance to manage the excellent squad, board and supported canaries.  We still have a fair transfer budget to offer a new manager and some fantastic players in the squad (Hucks, Earnshaw, Greeno, Safri and the like).

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="ROSSI 46"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I don''t really have time to do that now but the jist of my logic is that a f ew years ago we were mid table or lower and we didn''t see such abuse towards players and managers as we do now. The attitudes have changed, maybe people have got greedy. Well, like all managers at some stage in time, ours is going through a bad spell, or should i say not so good spell. It is not just down to him, some of the players have under performed too. I guess you could question some of his signing but it isn''t and easy job, football is not and exact sceince is it? Also, go back a few years and remember how many managers we got through, how many made a difference? so until i start hearing the names of managers who we have a feasible chance of obtaining I will not accomodate the idea of sacking the one who got us promoted and to the play offs a few years ago.

I am not naturally a patient person but when it comes to football you need to be patient. 

Also, can anybody explain the logic of booing one of our players? What has he done on a personal level to deserve that abuse?

[/quote]

Thanks Marty, I appreciate that. I''m sure people will disect your post, but i think you make some points that generally are those held by the KTF. Of course we can argue points all day, but some just feel that anyone with a different view is an alien.

[quote user="A load of squit"]Ever heard the saying ''Empty vessels make the most noise''?[/quote]

So what are you saying We were all a load of empty vessels that made a noise and cheer the team on to the prem? It''s empty vessels that fill grounds every week and chear their teams on up and down the land. Empty arguement I''m afraid.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Marty"]Also, go back a few years and remember how many managers we got through, how many made a difference? so until i start hearing the names of managers who we have a feasible chance of obtaining I will not accomodate the idea of sacking the one who got us promoted and to the play offs a few years ago. [/quote]

Locally doing good jobs:

Glenn Hoddle
Alex McGleish
Ian Holloway
Martin Allen
Bobby Robson
John Gregory
Dennis Wise
Dave Williams

Joe Royle
Steve Bruce

I am sure other posters can add to the list of potential candidates.  But as you can see off the top of my head I have listed a fair few candidates.  Most of the above are available and would jump at the chance to manage the excellent squad, board and supported canaries.  We still have a fair transfer budget to offer a new manager and some fantastic players in the squad (Hucks, Earnshaw, Greeno, Safri and the like).

[/quote]

Well I don''t agree with you on many of the above names, and any that are potentially good would be hard to temp away fro their present jobs anyway.  You can Keep Steve Bruce. What did Mickey Adams do at leicester? Mark Bowen, has not done the job before, Denis Wise, no thanks, John Greogry, good habit of being sacked, Dave Jones (maybe good for the youth team!), Hoddle, Robson - probably passed it. OK maybe people like Mike Newel but why would he come here? Not so straight forward really, it''s not fantasy football is it? i''d like Mourinho, if not we''ll take Wenger or Fergie, you didn''t mention Hiddink either!!!!!!!

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Locally doing good jobs:

Glenn Hoddle
Alex McGleish
Ian Holloway
Martin Allen
Bobby Robson
John Gregory
Dennis Wise
Dave Williams

Joe Royle
Steve Bruce

[/quote]

Well I don''t agree with you on many of the above names, and any that are potentially good would be hard to temp away fro their present jobs anyway.  You can Keep Steve Bruce. What did Mickey Adams do at leicester? Mark Bowen, has not done the job before, Denis Wise, no thanks, John Greogry, good habit of being sacked, Dave Jones (maybe good for the youth team!), Hoddle, Robson - probably passed it. OK maybe people like Mike Newel but why would he come here? Not so straight forward really, it''s not fantasy football is it? i''d like Mourinho, if not we''ll take Wenger or Fergie, you didn''t mention Hiddink either!!!!!!!

[/quote]

what has worthy ever done to make him any better than the above managers??  turned a blackpool side on the verge of the play-offs into a team relegated the following season and got norwich promoted, but has taken us backwards ever since and has failed to spend the mopney wisely as the squad has not improved.  Why is that any better than many of the other managers listed - his average points gained is worse than almost all of his peers!!

Why would Mike Newell come here??  well we have 25,000 fans, players like Hucks Erny Safri and co, and a transfer budget.  Also he has refrained from signing a contract at Luton so is obviously looking at the options that may appear.

Mickey Adams has been successful at every club he has been at!!

anyway here are a few managers percentage of available points obtained then worked out to a points total in a 46 game season.

Alan Pardew 0.5468 = 75.46 points

Paul Jewell 0.5155 = 71.14 points

George Burley  0.5124 = 70.71 points

Neil Warnock 0.4959 =  68.43 points - no premiership seasons

Mickey Adams 0.4933 = 68.07 points

Iain Dowie 0.4924 = 67.95 points

Mick Mccarthy 0.4908 = 67.73 points

Dave Jones 0.4895 = 67.55 points

Joe Royle 0.4865 = 67.14 points

Gary Megson 0.4617 = 63.71 points

Nigel Worthington 0.4577 = 63.16 points

The above managers can be considered Worthy''s peers.

I have added a few ex managers and potential managers. Obviously they have all had either much more premiership experience or none at all which will affect their ratings accordingly.  Many are also one club men and lower divisions only.  Look where Delia''s dream ticket candidate ended up......

Martin O''Neil 0.6347 = 87.59

Martin Allen 0.5556 = 76.67

Steve Tilson 0.5556 = 76.67

Adrian Boothroyd 0.5533 = 76.36

Mike Newell 0.5443 = 75.11

Kevin Blackwell 0.5217 = 72.00

Steve Cotterill 0.5142 = 70.96

Phil Parkinson 0.5133 = 70.84

Sam Allardyce 0.5021 = 69.29

Bruce Rioch 0.4954 = 68.37

Alan Curbishly 0.4767 = 65.78

Billy Davies 0.4741 = 65.43

John Deehan 0.4603 = 63.52

Steve Bruce 0.4586 = 63.29

Mike Walker 0.4566 = 63.01

Brian Hamilton 0.4366 = 60.25

Its a simple fact that in situations like this , those who seek change have to make their voice heard.There is a time and a place,however..

Those who dont seek change dont need to chant the managers name just because they''re happy for him to carry on with his job.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

[quote user="A load of squit"]Ever heard the saying ''Empty vessels make the most noise''?[/quote]

So what are you saying We were all a load of empty vessels that made a noise and cheer the team on to the prem? It''s empty vessels that fill grounds every week and chear their teams on up and down the land. Empty arguement I''m afraid.

[/quote]

Oh dear, the most important bit of the saying is the ''most''. The more empty the vessel the more noise it makes. In this case (as you''ve so brilliantly demonstrated) its your brain.

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]Maverick you and your KTF''s could chant:
Nigel, Nigel Worthington
Nigel, Nigel Worthington 
The truth of the matter is the most vocal places in carrow road are the lower barclay and the snake pit, and funnily enough most people here want worthy out that is a fact. if this was not true not WO chanting would be heard. These fans are the most passionate as most needed either way you look at it, if it wasnt for them carropw road would be a morgue.
Are there any KTF''s who chant or make any noise at all? i dont think there are. (this excludes the hand clapping when we score as even the directors do that)[/quote]

And this post above any other demonstrates the real problem with the situation regarding this campaign and many of the ''Worthy Out'' supporters at present.

Everyone has to have a label.Everything is black and white.

Because I dont chant Worthy Out during the game and I dare to offer an opposing view on message boards , that make me a ''KTF''. Particularly annoying for this is a poster called Silver Canary,who is doing your cause no good at all and who has decided that anyone who does not want the manager to go is clearly a moron and is not to be considered a ''loyal'' supporter (his words,not mine).

It''s true that I''m not in favour of sacking the manager at present but that does not mean I support him with blind loyalty.I,like many others,am disappointed at what has happened to our club this season.I am disappointed with the style of play that the team appears to be adopting.I am disappointed with the quality of signings the manager has made.I am disappointed at the league position.Most of all,I am disappointed with the way that this whole issue has created a huge division amongst fans that have always been able to present a united front.

But,like many others,I am not convinced at present that if the manager gets the sack there is a viable or better alternative.I am also worried at the financial implications for the long term future of the club that sacking the manager would bring.I am also worried that in past years,managers at the club have been hastily dispensed with and no obvious benefit has resulted.

Instead of protesting against the manager DURING games and targetting individual players for personal abuse , at the moment I am prepared to wait and see what happens.I am willing to put my trust in the board to make the correct decision for the long term future of the club.After all,they did save the club I love from virtually certain extinction and have rarely let us down with their decision making,financial or otherwise,during their time at the club.

If the definition of a ''KTF'' is someone who has faith in the board then that is what I am.

Perhaps if you spent more time actively campaigning for the cause you so prolificly defend on this board then more than 30 people might turn up to your protest marches and more than 6(!) people would have been outside the ground collecting signatures before the QPR game.

All the while that these are the best numbers you can muster,Neil Doncaster can afford to continue standing outside the club shop having a sly snigger to himself as your 30 man ''march'' proceeds to the entrance of the main stand.

If you were to present him with a petition or the like that could boast the number of people you suggest are in agreement (say 6000) then I''m sure he would take a lot more notice.The Chief Executive of any company with 25000 paying customers would be hard pressed to do anything else if he were presented with evidence that nearly 25% of them were currently unhappy with the way things were being run.

So perhaps concentrate on doing that as opposed to spouting vitriol and derision on this board at people that dare to have a different opinion to you and a lot more people will take you seriously.

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]Maverick you and your KTF''s could chant:
Nigel, Nigel Worthington
Nigel, Nigel Worthington 
Are there any KTF''s who chant or make any noise at all? i dont think there are. (this excludes the hand clapping when we score as even the directors do that)[/quote]

Right on!

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="JohnoBono"]

[/quote]

Oh dear, the most important bit of the saying is the ''most''. The more empty the vessel the more noise it makes. In this case (as you''ve so brilliantly demonstrated) its your brain.

[/quote]

You really don`t have anything useful to say do you?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Locally doing good jobs:

Glenn Hoddle
Alex McGleish
Ian Holloway
Martin Allen
Bobby Robson
John Gregory
Dennis Wise
Dave Williams

Joe Royle
Steve Bruce

[/quote]

[/quote]

what has worthy ever done to make him any better than the above managers??  turned a blackpool side on the verge of the play-offs into a team relegated the following season and got norwich promoted, but has taken us backwards ever since and has failed to spend the mopney wisely as the squad has not improved.  Why is that any better than many of the other managers listed - his average points gained is worse than almost all of his peers!!

Why would Mike Newell come here??  well we have 25,000 fans, players like Hucks Erny Safri and co, and a transfer budget.  Also he has refrained from signing a contract at Luton so is obviously looking at the options that may appear.

Mickey Adams has been successful at every club he has been at!!

anyway here are a few managers percentage of available points obtained then worked out to a points total in a 46 game season.

Alan Pardew 0.5468 = 75.46 points

Paul Jewell 0.5155 = 71.14 points

George Burley  0.5124 = 70.71 points

Neil Warnock 0.4959 =  68.43 points - no premiership seasons

Mickey Adams 0.4933 = 68.07 points

Iain Dowie 0.4924 = 67.95 points

Mick Mccarthy 0.4908 = 67.73 points

Dave Jones 0.4895 = 67.55 points

Joe Royle 0.4865 = 67.14 points

Gary Megson 0.4617 = 63.71 points

Nigel Worthington 0.4577 = 63.16 points

The above managers can be considered Worthy''s peers.

I have added a few ex managers and potential managers. Obviously they have all had either much more premiership experience or none at all which will affect their ratings accordingly.  Many are also one club men and lower divisions only.  Look where Delia''s dream ticket candidate ended up......

Martin O''Neil 0.6347 = 87.59

Martin Allen 0.5556 = 76.67

Steve Tilson 0.5556 = 76.67

Adrian Boothroyd 0.5533 = 76.36

Mike Newell 0.5443 = 75.11

Kevin Blackwell 0.5217 = 72.00

Steve Cotterill 0.5142 = 70.96

Phil Parkinson 0.5133 = 70.84

Sam Allardyce 0.5021 = 69.29

Bruce Rioch 0.4954 = 68.37

Alan Curbishly 0.4767 = 65.78

Billy Davies 0.4741 = 65.43

John Deehan 0.4603 = 63.52

Steve Bruce 0.4586 = 63.29

Mike Walker 0.4566 = 63.01

Brian Hamilton 0.4366 = 60.25

[/quote]

I think you''ll find lots of good championship managers will be hankering for a job in the premiership or at bigger Championship clubs. Don''t get me wrong, Norwich are not a small club but they simply don''t have the lure that some clubs do. In you list of managers I notice lots have been sacked in the past, does that mean they are good or bad? To me it is just the managerial merry go round, in other words they may not be any better than what we have got. I am not saying I am totally adversed to the idea of a new manager but I am against the idea of change for the sake of change, we have seen in the past that this policy does not always work. So how much bigger than Luton are we? the only reason mike newel would come here is if we offered more money, not because we are a sleeping giant. OK we do get good crowds but so do Sheffield Wednesday and how many top managers are clambering over themselves for that job.

I do agree some of the managers you list sound potentially good, like say Martin Allen, but he is still young and inexperienced.