Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

BRING BACK MIKE WALKER!!!

After reading the fascinating story on the Pinkun'' home page regarding Mike Walker, I must say I do feel sorry for him.However, why is it he appears to have been sacked so many times? Didn''t Colchester sack him in the early 90''s when he was top of the table with them? Then he began his succesfull first stint with us before moving to Everton. Then Everton sacked him, then we sacked him and now we hear that Apoel Nicosia sacked him after only two games. To add to that, he is having to deal with these alcohol rumours. I cannot make my mind up whether the guy is a football genius or not?When Mike returned here for the second time, I seem to remember playing some really beautiful football. He had no money to spend, from what I gather, he worked the team well when it was at the stage of bankrupcy, and with what he had here, did as good as anyone could have.I hate this ''hoofball'' we''ve been playing so is there room for a third coming? It''s got to be better than we have now! Is it? Surely?

The drubbing we took at Portaloo Road, coupled with the fact that afterwards he said that it was "no more important to any other game" was what blew it for him. Most of that season we were pretty awful, and it wasn''t until right at the end of the season we started to get it together. Back to back 5-0 wins then sacked.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]We need to move forwards, not look to the past at this time.[/quote]Well, Citizen Journalist Foghorn, I know what you are saying, but we''ve been moving backwards into the past for quite some time now!

[quote user="Canary Boy"]After reading the fascinating story on the Pinkun'' home page regarding Mike Walker, I must say I do feel sorry for him.

However, why is it he appears to have been sacked so many times? Didn''t Colchester sack him in the early 90''s when he was top of the table with them? Then he began his succesfull first stint with us before moving to Everton. Then Everton sacked him, then we sacked him and now we hear that Apoel Nicosia sacked him after only two games. To add to that, he is having to deal with these alcohol rumours. I cannot make my mind up whether the guy is a football genius or not?

When Mike returned here for the second time, I seem to remember playing some really beautiful football. He had no money to spend, from what I gather, he worked the team well when it was at the stage of bankrupcy, and with what he had here, did as good as anyone could have.

I hate this ''hoofball'' we''ve been playing so is there room for a third coming? It''s got to be better than we have now! Is it? Surely?
[/quote]

Mike Walker is God as far as I''m concerned, if he was allowed by Smith (who sacked him) to come back, several things would happen.

1. Conflict between fans would end over night.

2. Sweet flowing passing football would return.

3. Players would be played in their correct positions.

4. Hughes would go!.

5. So would NW and hopfully Delia too!.

Oh, the stuff of dreams eh?.

Well said 1st Wizard!Couldn''t have put it better myslef.The day Mike Walker comes back into Carrow Rd, the happier I''d be. Give that man a job!

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Well said 1st Wizard!

Couldn''t have put it better myslef.

The day Mike Walker comes back into Carrow Rd, the happier I''d be. Give that man a job!
[/quote]

Agreed. Get him here now!!!

I cant see the current set-up bringing him back. they sacked him. Anyway, he is too old and out of the main stream to consider. We need fresh ideas, a new approach, some energy and an impetus to carry us forward. Walker is washed up. 

I do think we should move forward, but maybe we could do that with Mike Walker and a younger coach, like Flecky or Crook, working along side him.

He is by far the best manager i''ve seen at norwich (not including Martin O''Neill who wasn''t allowed to get on with his job) He turned an average team that nearly got relegated into a top european team!! He did with very few signings, none for very much money. He best abilty was man mangement and giving the players confidence. (I think he''s possibly the complete opposite to worthy) Just think about how Jerry Goss changed as a player under him.

Katie

If Mike Walker returned as Manager of NCFC, all the standard halogen flloodlight bulbs - will have to be replaced with Ultra Violet types.......After managing a Cypriot side, Mike''s got to maintain his healthy tan!......[:)]

dont think its ever really a good idea to go back, also he said in the recent article that he didnt want to live in england, i assume he includes norfolk in that [:P]

maybe not bring him back.. but i was disapointed to read of the way he has been treated in Cyprus... its a bit of an underhanded and dishonest way to go about things and i hope Mike clears his name and gets back into football soon

jas :)

Some really good ideas here for Mike to return here. With the right personal (ie Mark Bowen, Ian Crook, Jerry Goss, Robert Fleck) he could be assisted really well.Anything is better than what we have got now![I]

Errr...some people aren''t paying attention again. HE DOESN''T WANT TO MOVE BACK TO ENGLAND. HE LIKES CYPRUS.OK, thats sorted then.Besides, out of the English game too long, I''d be suprised if Cypriot football is even conference standard, and that would be admirable given the size of the island.Also too much past here and getting on a bit these days.Loved the bloke when he was here, didn''t even blame him for walking out - it was one of the heftier nails in Chase''s coffin.

Peter Raven has hit the nail on the head - never go back.

Those of you who decry the ''kters'' for always harping on about keeping nigel because he was good once are guilty of shocking hypocrisy - both were good once but are not any good now...

I think we should get the idea out of our heads that he could come back. Lets just remember him for what he did  for us the first time around. I think we need new faces and fresh ideas and not risk what happened the second time he was here happening over again. He is a canary legend and it should be left that way.

It appears we have to forget what Worthy  did two seasons ago, as it is in the past. On the other hand we take back Mike Walker, because he had a successful seventeen month period FOURTEEN YEARS AGO.

Mike Walker has always blamed his own shortcomings on every chairman he has ever worked for and now he says the reason he has been out of football for so many years is because of a whispering campaign against him. Get real Mike, look at your birth certificate and realise the football world has moved on and far better managers than you have retired gracefully.

Gee, what a nice bloke you are intenso, full of charm, and diplomatic with it aren''t you?.

Christ, I hope you don''t do jury service!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Gee, what a nice bloke you are intenso, full of charm, and diplomatic with it aren''t you?.

Christ, I hope you don''t do jury service!.

[/quote]

Too late Wiz, I have already done my jury duty. The others were so impressed  they elected me as the foreman !

No way - Walker second time round was once too many times. Walker is a spent force in football and wouldn''t do anything for Norwich. Lets get real, move on and stop living on past glories.