Sign in to follow this  
nik wyer

Green or Gallagher??????

After Gallagher`s two impressive performances, who would you go for in goal for remainder of the season, (if Green was fit)

I think Gallagher has the jersey, and until he has a couple of bad games he should remain our no. 1.

I have been a great fan of Green in the past, and as stated on numerous occasions, he has not been at his best for quite a while, so i think a change would be beneficial to everyone.

For me it is Paul Gallacher. The reason being that Robert Green is very likely to be moving on in the summer. We will therefore need a solid replacement for next season. The money raised by selling Green could be better spent in other areas eg. right midfield etc and we already have a more then capable replacement in Paul Gallacher. However I think he will only re-sign for the club if he is guaranteed first team football as I imagine he will want to get back in the international set up. Which of course he can only do by playing regularly and by playing well, which can only be of benefit to the club.

We must think long term, therefore it has to be Gallacher for the remaining 2 games, he has done nothing wrong, so why drop him and potentially lose him. With Gallacher and Joe Lewis, City look strong in that department for next season.

Green is between a rock and a hard place. He is almost certainly going to be one of those goalkeepers who gives up regular football at a good club to fail and end up at best doing a Marshall and at worst playing reserve football. If he remains the undisputed Norwich number one he will stagnate.

Listening to the game today the fact that we sat deep but defended well says to me that the defenders felt confidence in the goalkeeper and Gallagher is at worst now a two game wonder.

If at Norwich or elsewhere Green needs to learn what it is to fight for a place. He will either benefit or fail, sink or swim. In the meantime, injury or not he should be tasting the bench for a while and getting his hunger back.

[quote user="nik wyer"]

After Gallagher`s two impressive performances, who would you go for in goal for remainder of the season, (if Green was fit)

I think Gallagher has the jersey, and until he has a couple of bad games he should remain our no. 1.

I have been a great fan of Green in the past, and as stated on numerous occasions, he has not been at his best for quite a while, so i think a change would be beneficial to everyone.

[/quote]

You got the main point I think. Also what I find that is every time when Gallacher conceded a goal, he was not just standing there, and do nothing!!! You know what I mean.

if green is fit we should certainly play him. it would be very harsh on him indeed if he missed out on a place in the world cup squad.