Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

The problem with Worthy Out campaigners

Everyone has to have a label.Everything is black and white.

Because I dont chant Worthy Out during the game and I dare to offer an opposing view on message boards , that make me a ''KTF''. Particularly annoying for this is a poster called Silver Canary,who is doing your cause no good at all and who has decided that anyone who does not want the manager to go is clearly a moron and is not to be considered a ''loyal'' supporter (his words,not mine).

It''s true that I''m not in favour of sacking the manager at present but that does not mean I support him with blind loyalty.I,like many others,am disappointed at what has happened to our club this season.I am disappointed with the style of play that the team appears to be adopting.I am disappointed with the quality of signings the manager has made.I am disappointed at the league position.Most of all,I am disappointed with the way that this whole issue has created a huge division amongst fans that have always been able to present a united front.

But,like many others,I am not convinced at present that if the manager gets the sack there is a viable or better alternative.I am also worried at the financial implications for the long term future of the club that sacking the manager would bring.I am also worried that in past years,managers at the club have been hastily dispensed with and no obvious benefit has resulted.

Instead of protesting against the manager DURING games and targetting individual players for personal abuse , at the moment I am prepared to wait and see what happens in the summer and after the first dozen or so games next season.I am willing to put my trust in the board to make the correct decision for the long term future of the club.After all,they did save the club I love from virtually certain extinction and have rarely let us down with their decision making,financial or otherwise,during their time at the club.

If the definition of a ''KTF'' is someone who has faith in the board then that is what I am.

Perhaps if you all spent more time actually actively campaigning for the cause you so prolificly defend on this board then more than 30 people might turn up to your protest marches and more than 6(!) people would have been outside the ground collecting signatures before the QPR game.

All the while that these are the best numbers you can muster,Neil Doncaster can afford to continue standing outside the club shop having a sly snigger to himself as your 30 man ''march'' proceeds to the entrance of the main stand.

If you were to present him with a petition or the like that could boast the number of people you suggest are in agreement (say 6000) then I''m sure he would take a lot more notice.The Chief Executive of any company with 25000 paying customers would be hard pressed to do anything else if he were presented with evidence that nearly 25% of them were currently unhappy with the way things were being run.

So perhaps concentrate on doing that as opposed to spouting vitriol and derision on this board at people that dare to have a different opinion to you and a lot more people will take you seriously.

"So perhaps concentrate on doing that as opposed to spouting vitriol and derision on this board at people that dare to have a different opinion to you and a lot more people will take you seriously."

You said it! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Worthy Out (if that''s OK with you).

1. You misqoute me - I have never used bad words to describe anyone - but then if you told the truth that would spoil your arguement!

2. You then admit to being a KTF having denied it at first!!

3. How can you expect the taken seriosly when you support the worst manager we have ever had? If you were loyal you would want the best for the club which means getting rid of worthy! But you (eventaully) admit to being KTF - this does not seem very logic to me!

Loyal fans say Worthy out!

thank god youre back maverick. that post echoes my thought exactly. i hate being told that just because i don''t join a worthy out protest because it doesn''t agree with my views, that i am somehow an enemy of the club in some way. these terms ktf and wo have to stop. they prohibit debate.

[quote user="Maverick"]

Everyone has to have a label.Everything is black and white.

Because I dont chant Worthy Out during the game and I dare to offer an opposing view on message boards , that make me a ''KTF''. Particularly annoying for this is a poster called Silver Canary,who is doing your cause no good at all and who has decided that anyone who does not want the manager to go is clearly a moron and is not to be considered a ''loyal'' supporter (his words,not mine).

It''s true that I''m not in favour of sacking the manager at present but that does not mean I support him with blind loyalty.I,like many others,am disappointed at what has happened to our club this season.I am disappointed with the style of play that the team appears to be adopting.I am disappointed with the quality of signings the manager has made.I am disappointed at the league position.Most of all,I am disappointed with the way that this whole issue has created a huge division amongst fans that have always been able to present a united front.

But,like many others,I am not convinced at present that if the manager gets the sack there is a viable or better alternative.I am also worried at the financial implications for the long term future of the club that sacking the manager would bring.I am also worried that in past years,managers at the club have been hastily dispensed with and no obvious benefit has resulted.

Instead of protesting against the manager DURING games and targetting individual players for personal abuse , at the moment I am prepared to wait and see what happens in the summer and after the first dozen or so games next season.I am willing to put my trust in the board to make the correct decision for the long term future of the club.After all,they did save the club I love from virtually certain extinction and have rarely let us down with their decision making,financial or otherwise,during their time at the club.

If the definition of a ''KTF'' is someone who has faith in the board then that is what I am.

Perhaps if you all spent more time actually actively campaigning for the cause you so prolificly defend on this board then more than 30 people might turn up to your protest marches and more than 6(!) people would have been outside the ground collecting signatures before the QPR game.

All the while that these are the best numbers you can muster,Neil Doncaster can afford to continue standing outside the club shop having a sly snigger to himself as your 30 man ''march'' proceeds to the entrance of the main stand.

If you were to present him with a petition or the like that could boast the number of people you suggest are in agreement (say 6000) then I''m sure he would take a lot more notice.The Chief Executive of any company with 25000 paying customers would be hard pressed to do anything else if he were presented with evidence that nearly 25% of them were currently unhappy with the way things were being run.

So perhaps concentrate on doing that as opposed to spouting vitriol and derision on this board at people that dare to have a different opinion to you and a lot more people will take you seriously.

[/quote]

Well we''ve got 1000 signatures already so I reckon if we get 20 volunteers this time and we all get 250 signatures that will be your 6000. but tbh even 20 people last week wouldn''t have been able to cope with the number of people who wanted to sign.

Now 50 volunteers, that would make a difference [:D]

Have you volunteered yet, hope so, if not email emkayplastics@aol.com  pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

The problem with waiting a dozen or so games will probably mean you can write off next season for promotion as well.  Worthy has had the money and 44 games to at least get us in the play offs and he has failed.  Do you seriously believe giving him more money and keeping him here will enhance our chances of promotion next season, personally I don''t think so.

cityangel - As for your claim of 1000 votes I think that I got a lot of them for you by campaining for you and then you abuse me + do''nt answer any of my points!!

Silver, its beginning to get tiresome.

Firstly , I never admitted to being a ''KTF''.

What I said at the beginning is that its ridiculous the way everyone has to have a label.But I also said that if having faith in the board means being a ''KTF'' then I am one.I don''t recall your campaign being about removing the board , I thought it was about removing the Manager.

I accused you of calling anyone with an opposing view of not being ''loyal''.In your defence you accuse me of not being loyal because I dont want Worthy Out.

Or am I misquoting you again ?

This is my point , Angel .

This whole thing is riddled with ''ifs''.

If you got 20 volunteers I am sure you would be able to collect more signatures but unfortunately , despite the fact that there are a significant number of people on these very boards that are actively pushing your point , only 6 could be bothered to turn up and help collect signatures.

There''s a lot more than 20 people who have been posting in favour of removing the manager for at least 2 or 3 months now but when push comes to shove and they have to back up their words with actions they seem to go into hiding.

I want to see our manager replaced..........I suppose that makes me a ''Worthy Outer''.

Concerning my opinion for the removal of Nigel, it certainly hasn''t been a knee-jerk reaction - as I feel exactly the same as I did 18 months ago. Nigel, (in my personal opinion) is maybe an average Championship manager at the most, and hasn''t really taken heed of - or in fact learnt any lessons over the last 5 seasons as manager of this football club.

Call me a cynic, but, if Steve Mclaren is given the England job, I think it''s maybe on the similar lines as to why Nigel, is still plying his trade with NCFC. Steve ''Mr Nicey'' Mclaren, is the kind of individual that won''t give the FA too much grief in any shape or form.......and has cut his teeth in the National squad set-up alongside Sven. Nigel was hovering in the background when Hamilton was running the farce......not a hard act to follow - so, after Brian departs, in steps our Nigel. He strings a few results together, and we thankfully remain in the 1st division. "Back me, or sack me!" Was his rallying call - intertwined with his ''idle'' threats of interest in the Sheff Wednesday vacancy. A mid-table finish followed the season after the excitement of - Norwich''s ''Grand Day Out'' at the Millenium Stadium. "Bring on the ''Sutchmeister'' and shut up shop!"  a certainly questionable substitution after going 1-0 against the Brummies. Pathetic penalties and "Boo-Hoo!"   Then, it''s the "Big Un!" we start off pretty average at the start of the 2003-4 season, and, "Charge!" we go on and win promotion to the Premiership. 

Whatever anyone says, I thought we sadly underachieved in the Prem, and it was ultimately down to our manager, his ignorance and tactical naivety in competing against - probably the weakest lower half teams of that league for a long time. It also still infuriates me, with the defeatist comments from Delia; saying we are not expected to survive, we are ''ickle Norwich'' we''re gonna do a Charlton and enjoy our little flirt with the top-guns, re-group and bounce back! We didn''t give it our best shot till we beat Man Utd 2-0. Fulham? Capitulation, instead of going down all guns blazing!   

Nigel doesn''t ''rock the boat'' with the "Famous 5" of the NCFC board......He, is a ''lunch chum'' of Delia, and their like-minded manager, that this board is cosy and satisfied with. If it was a young ambitious manager of ''Stuart Pearce'' ilk, this board and our Chief Exec, would quake in their fluffy slippers - and would be feeling a tadge intimidated and be uncomfortably squirming in their boardroom pews, wondering what to do and which way to turn?........

If anybody thinks Nigel is a good manager that is their personal opinion. I think he is at best an average manager, and if he was a pop star? He''d be a one-hit wonder!      

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

"So perhaps concentrate on doing that as opposed to spouting vitriol and derision on this board at people that dare to have a different opinion to you and a lot more people will take you seriously."

You said it! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! 

Worthy Out (if that''s OK with you).[/quote]

Yes i agree with this - so long as they ar''nt KTF who should get a board of there own!!!

[quote user="Silver Canary"]

1. You misqoute me - I have never used bad words to describe anyone - but then if you told the truth that would spoil your arguement!

2. You then admit to being a KTF having denied it at first!!

3. How can you expect the taken seriosly when you support the worst manager we have ever had? If you were loyal you would want the best for the club which means getting rid of worthy! But you (eventaully) admit to being KTF - this does not seem very logic to me!

Loyal fans say Worthy out!

[/quote]

I''ve been coming on to this message board on and off for the last few months and have had the pleasure of reading some complete and utter rubbush. This post by Silver Canary is up with the lot of them. To begin with, how is Nigel Worthington the worst manager we''ve ever had? The man is the most successful manager we''ve had at this club in the last decade. Fact. Yes, he''s made some disappointing signings but every manager has during his career. And because I don''t say ''Worthy Out'' I''m not loyal? Loyal fans support the team whoever is in charge. On the ball City!

"And because I don''t say ''Worthy Out'' I''m not loyal? Loyal fans support the team whoever is in charge!"

No they do''nt - they wa''nt there team to do well and do what they can to make sure that this happens - worthy is such a bad manager it is the duty of loyal fans to make sure he goes - if you do not you ca''nt expect to be well thought of by loyal fans!

Yes, depite the attempt at reason and balance, your argument is fundamentally flawed. Resonably well packaged but lacking in substance, I think.

Silver Canary, if I am right, you are still at school. Therefore, how on earth can you claim Worthy is the worst manager we''ve ever had. Were you there in 1905? I think not. By repeatedly making this ludicrous claim, you are shooting yourself in the foot, and making yourself seem laughable.

By the way, this is not an attack on the youth. I only left school recently myself.

[/quote]

Kolin, the problem is that Silver is rather naively accepting all the nonsense he is hearing. The lack of understanding displayed on some of these boards, and often at the ground, can influence those that are not able to think for themselves.

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]And what would you do to keep Worthy in Maverick ...yep good old jack .[/quote]

Wasn''t aware I needed to do anything to keep Worthy In - last time I looked he was in.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]

Silver Canary, if I am right, you are still at school. Therefore, how on earth can you claim Worthy is the worst manager we''ve ever had. Were you there in 1905? I think not. By repeatedly making this ludicrous claim, you are shooting yourself in the foot, and making yourself seem laughable.

By the way, this is not an attack on the youth. I only left school recently myself.

3. How can you expect the taken seriosly when you support the worst manager we have ever had? If you were loyal you would want the best for the club which means getting rid of worthy! But you (eventaully) admit to being KTF - this does not seem very logic to me! [/quote][/quote]

Where were you in 1905! if its true that you have just left school you would''nt have been there either. did you mean 2005 or is this a wind up!

He means "How do you know Worthy is worse than the manager in 1905"

This was the year we turned professional, 3 years after we were formed as all loyal fans would have known. We finished 7th in the southern league as I recall.

PS I am being ironic expecting fans to know this to be classed as loyal, but to say Worthy is the worst manager we ever had just cant be quantified.