Sign in to follow this  
norwich 4ever 4ever

Leon Knight is a class act

We thought the same of a certain Mr Abbey when we went out and sighned him from a lower league club. This could be what would happen with knight as well

Why would we be able to afford him if we can''t afford Connoly at 245 grand?? This isn''t championship manager!

I''m positive it wasn''t that we couldn''t stump up £240,000 for Connolly, it was just he didn''t want to come. If we can pay out £400,000 in wages for the loanees we could''ve got Connolly

As I have mentioned b4 the club did agree a xfer fee of circa £400k for Connolly but he was not interested in moving house again and was waiting for a london/south east club.

History could repeat itself with Huckerby.. :-(

Splendind chance...

Leon Knight is definately better than Abbey was. But they''ve only just signed him down at Brighton and they won''t let him go cheaply. We''d have to come up with at least half a mil to prize him away now.
What about McKenzie at Peterborough - they''re more keen to let him go for something rather than nothing. Apparently Wigan agreed a fee earlier in the month but couldn''t agree wages which is surprising. But he would certainly come cheaper than huckerby in both wages and transfer fees and he is, again, better than Abbey who was in division 3 when we got him.

Living in the Peterborough area I have watched McKenzie a few times and yes he is a good striker who has the ability to play at a higher level. The big problem is, that he is also very injury prone. It would be a big gamble to go for him, and I''m sure his medical would highlight a number of weaknesses. It would seem that the club have a number of options:

A. We sign Harper / Huckerby and extend the Crouch loan.

B. Nigel identifies further loanees with the same skill levels.

C. We stick with McVeigh, Rivers, Roberts, and the youngsters Jarvis and Henderson.

Irrespective of what happens over the next couple of months, we are still going to be in the top six and should also be there at the end of the season. The board, manager, coaching staff, and players, have far exceeded my expectations before the season started, so lets get behind them and hope they get us all the way to the Premiership.