Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why I hate Delia so much.

What you fail to grasp contiually with the Ryan Jarvis debate is that he wasn''t required when we swanned to the title.  He was only 17 and was well down the queue behind Crouch, Huckerby, Leon, Svensson.

The Premier season wasn''t the time to give him experience - it wasn''t a season long experiment. And he was still behind the same amount of proven strikers.

This season he has spent 6 months injured and has only played about 4 times for the Reserves.

As for Danny Crow - he wasn''t going to get a look in in the Prem other than the injury crisis we had.  At the end of last season he was deemed a). not good enough and b). well down the queue.  Better for both parties that he moved on.

Drewe Broughton, Akinbiyi and Cureton have all had decent careers at levels below the Premier.  Nobody witters on every week when they score a goal.

For the record:

M.W. left the club for Everton on 06/01/04 just two days before our F.A. Cup game with Wycombe Wanderers....

Does no one else remember the song:

Mike Walker is a banker

He wears a bankers hat

And now he''s gone to Everton

''Cos he''s a greedy man

It''s not healthy to nurse hatred like this, Wizard. Especially for a man in your condition. And especially over such a trivial issue. Mellow out.

[quote user="Nobby G"]

What you fail to grasp contiually with the Ryan Jarvis debate is that he wasn''t required when we swanned to the title.  He was only 17 and was well down the queue behind Crouch, Huckerby, Leon, Svensson.

The Premier season wasn''t the time to give him experience - it wasn''t a season long experiment. And he was still behind the same amount of proven strikers.

This season he has spent 6 months injured and has only played about 4 times for the Reserves.

As for Danny Crow - he wasn''t going to get a look in in the Prem other than the injury crisis we had.  At the end of last season he was deemed a). not good enough and b). well down the queue.  Better for both parties that he moved on.

Drewe Broughton, Akinbiyi and Cureton have all had decent careers at levels below the Premier.  Nobody witters on every week when they score a goal.

[/quote]

I realise what you are saying BUT  the fact that youth players have played a total of around 5 starts and 9 sub appearances (rossi 1+4, Ryan, 2+3 Spillane 2+1, Cave Brown +1)  this term between them is a poor showing... considering the number of injuries and suposedly small squad we have...  preston seem to have made do in spite of a recent injury crisis???

I understand why Delia might not be flavour of the month but I think this is all damned ungrateful. Without Delia we probably wouldn''t have a club - she''s ploughed loads of her own cash into the club and the current situation is certainly not all her fault. Ok she has a say over what happens with the manager but she''s only one of a number of board members. Have some respect for what she''s done - hate is a very strong word and not appropriate to use for the Smiths!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I understand why Delia might not be flavour of the month but I think this is all damned ungrateful. Without Delia we probably wouldn''t have a club - she''s ploughed loads of her own cash into the club and the current situation is certainly not all her fault. Ok she has a say over what happens with the manager but she''s only one of a number of board members. Have some respect for what she''s done - hate is a very strong word and not appropriate to use for the Smiths![/quote]

thats what they say but she has made plenty to! We got £20 million last year and hardly spent any and another £6 million this year + we sold Ashton for 7 million. Thats over 30 million and we have not spent anything like this - the money must have gone somewhere!!!

[quote user="Silver Canary"]

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I understand why Delia might not be flavour of the month but I think this is all damned ungrateful. Without Delia we probably wouldn''t have a club - she''s ploughed loads of her own cash into the club and the current situation is certainly not all her fault. Ok she has a say over what happens with the manager but she''s only one of a number of board members. Have some respect for what she''s done - hate is a very strong word and not appropriate to use for the Smiths![/quote]

thats what they say but she has made plenty to! We got £20 million last year and hardly spent any and another £6 million this year + we sold Ashton for 7 million. Thats over 30 million and we have not spent anything like this - the money must have gone somewhere!!!

[/quote] Delia isn''t that wealthy in football terms though. I read an article suggesting she was worth £14 million! I don''t think Delia is making money out of Norwich. £20million in debt? You don''t make money out of football clubs!

I feel that I have to throw my two pence worth in the pot..... Delia may not be the greatest tactician, or football brain in the world ( are any of us in reality???) but no-one can say that she is not passionate about the club that we all love and support.... OK" the lets be having you thing" was a bit of a pxxx take from rival fans but she showed she cared about the club!

To say that you hate her because of Mike Walker and her support of Worthless is a wee bit drastic to say the least.. I literally bumped into her before the Cov away match and she is as Naaarwich as any of us. If you have read any of my previous posts on here it would be of no surprise of my thoughts about Worthless and how we should now have another manager but to slate her is not the way forward, do I understand her support of him, errrrr do I heck as like, but loyalties are a strange thing, ask any wierdo who supports ipshxx..... :)

The one thing we can all agree on is this season is done and dusted and hopefully we can look forward to a new season with a new bloke at the helm.... Heres hoping anyway!!!!!!!

And yes ok I have got her cook books too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is extremely likely that she has lost a considerable amount of money in her support of Norwich. That, however, does not make Worthington a good, or competent , manager.

Its a limited company, how can she just take out money when she liked???...answer: she can''t!!!!!!!!! and even if she tried it would be all through the local rags (I cannot call them newspapers as they fail to report on news when it comes to NCFC, its more rumours that reflect the far right on this message board).I honestly cannot believe some people are now turning on Delia and Michael, you all sound soooo fickle i''m surprised you''re not all alcoholics and manic depressives.Take a step back people, we could all be supporting AFC Norwich in the Ryman league if it wasn''t for Delia and the board.

Thank you big A. There are not many sensible posts on this site - it is nice to see some rather than the fanatical ramblings of those who I suspect are more concerned withtheir own egos than the good of NCFC. How could they accuse Delia and co of doing this for the money? I find the ignorance quite astounding!

Hate is an over emotive word in this case. You have used it in the same context as commentators use such words as "superb" and "worldclass". You do not know the woman (I assume). However, like most fans I am sure you recognise her passion and committment to the club. She has put her money where her mouth is and been in a position to make influential decisions about how the club is run. This is what you do not like ! The collective decision making of a board of which she is a member. The same can be said about Mr Worthington. I personally do not like the way Andy Hughes has been performing recently, but he has not ordered the genocide of an entire race and therefore not in the class of Hitler who I think it is fair to say qualifies as a figure of hatred. He has just been playing poorly and rightfully suffered heavy critisism for this.

Please put your feelings into context. Love and support  the club by all means but show understanding .

Loyal Fan,

You are obviously right about this, it doesn''t make him competent but that isn''t the point of this thread. If you look to the original post you will see that this thread is actually a really ill informed attack on the merits of Delia herself. 

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]Oh please stop with this if it wasnt for Delia drivel , anybody who believes that probably believes in Father Christmas too .[/quote]Do your own research then you fool!  don''t come on here moaning about Delia etc. Its simply anger for Worthy overflowing onto somebody who it ten times the fan (and has done ten times for the club) you will EVER be!What is there not to believe about the ''Delia Drivel''?? its not fiction, its not a dream! she has put her own hard earned money into the club solely for you to **** and moan.... in fact your post makes no sense whatsoever so i''m not quite sure why i''ve risen to your bait, however i do know that NCFC could do without your support much more than it could do without the loyalty, money and business acumen of Delia and Micheal.Thats the last i''m going to say on this matter as the Delia haters appear to have NO ammunition whatsoever as to their reasons for wanting them out.  All i ask is that people do some reading/ research/ look at the clubs accounts before you start biting the hand that feeds youAgain, you are pathetic