Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why I hate Delia so much.

I''m often asked that question, well in a nutshell two words will explain all: Mike Walker.

I believe she was instrumental in getting Mike sacked when she came here, after back to back 5 nil home wins she sacks the best manager we''ve ever had, and then her ''dream team'' Hamiliton and Rioch were appointed.

More like a ''bloody nightmare'' if you ask me!.

Couple that with her idiotic support for NW, she clearly demostrates no footballing knowledge whatsoever.

Some claim Mike Walker II was a failure, I disagree very much with that, his team was showing signs of gelling when she pulled the plug on him, and in the same year as Mike''s wife died too!.

Very Christian like that Delia.

I will never forget or forgive the way Mike was treated by the club, which begs the question how NW is getting away with the rubbish dished up now!.

Something doesn''t add up here.

i bet your not often asked that question since you mouth off on this board so much ! Yes we won two games 5-0 back to back because they were must win games for us in a struggle against relegation and the opposition (Huddersfield and Swindon) had nothing to play for ! Rioch did well with a very tight budget and we all know about BH . Why is her support for Nigel idiotic he brought us a place in the playoffs and premiership football which we never looked like getting under Mike Walker II , I don''t see why Mike Walker''s wife''s death is relevant , you can''t employ people based on sympathy , I''m sure Mike Walker wouldn''t want to be patroinised in such a way , Mike Walker simply wasn''t good enough when he came back and Nigel has had loads more success in this division than him. I have never liked Mike Walker since he ditched this club for Everton and the idea that he is a great manager is somewhat of a myth as it was Dave Stringer that built the Norwich team that conquered Bayern Munich !

she was instrumental in getting the club out of a very bad financial mess aswel wizard, shes put time and money into the club tat she loves. if it wasnt for her you wouldnt have a team to "support"

wiz, as you''re massive crystal ball is not available to me I''d have to say that to hate delia is a very strong word to use. For me, and i could well be wrong here, its the word trust. I dont think Delia trusted him

1st Wizard, you seem to have very blinkered views here. I don''t feel sorry for Mike Walkers treatment at all after he ditched us at the first opportunity of working at a ''bigger club'' . Yes he did have two 5 nil victories, but as already pointed out on this thread they were against mediocre teams with nothing to play for! Had we been playing Arsenal & Man Utd it still wouldn''t have made a difference to the rubbish season we''d already had. The board was right to sack him even though he once did do good things for us & have success... It''s just a pity we''re not all saying the same thing about Worthy now!!

I think MikeWalker carries some excess bagage with him, he is not whiter than white.

As for Delia having no footy knowledge, she''s the bloody chairman, she doesn''t need footy knowledge!

That season mike walker''s wife died, he had key players such as Darren Eadie, Keith O''neil.. injured for just about the hole season. That season we relied on youngsters as we bought Andy and Lee marshall Marshall, Bellamy, coote, Forbes, Lewellyn, carey all in to the first team. It was a team with plenty of new faces with fleming and Iwan joining before the season started. It was a team that needed time... We were Injury plagued... I don''t think it was mike walker''s fault at all that it was a bas season... there were several quality results that year and the youngters showed alot of potential at times. He never had as much money as worhty had. has had this season...

[quote user="Juninho Stegglinho Barairos Du Pon"]

That season mike walker''s wife died, he had key players such as Darren Eadie, Keith O''neil.. injured for just about the hole season. That season we relied on youngsters as we bought Andy and Lee marshall Marshall, Bellamy, coote, Forbes, Lewellyn, carey all in to the first team. It was a team with plenty of new faces with fleming and Iwan joining before the season started. It was a team that needed time... We were Injury plagued... I don''t think it was mike walker''s fault at all that it was a bas season... there were several quality results that year and the youngters showed alot of potential at times. He never had as much money as worhty had. has had this season...

[/quote]

the team had been so weakened when Walker took over.....  The club was stabilising after the threat of oblivion.  some of those players mentioned were young at the time and have never made it at this level!! Remember Che Wilson!!!  Lee marshall and Shaun carey in midfield!!  how close were we to having a squad that may have gone down again!! looking back Bruce Rioch''s 9th place after Bellamy got injured for the season looks ouitstanding!!

Worthy has just let decent pro''s, proven at this level leave for nothing!!  creating massive changes at the club that were unnecesssary.... If Hucks got injured for the season how well would we do??  Not very - which doesnt say much for the balance in the squad worthy has formed...

[quote user="pete"]Marty a correction Delia is the major shareholder, Mumby is chairman.  But as a Worthy Inner your lack of knowledge refarding the club is understandable.  Footy knowledge not your strong point eh! [/quote]

Oh so sorry pete, other things on my mind like the job I am paid to do everyday, a minor error on my part. I am fully aware of the position she fills and my comment regarding her knowledge about football is still valid. Are are you going to tell me all the chairmen, shareholders etc are football people? I thought a lot of them where buisiness people? don''t get me wrong I am sure many do know a fair amount about football, but not all of them. I would'';t hold that against them like you lot.

Now I find your tone rather patronising, maybe some of you Worthy outers can accpet that the abuse, sarcasm and general unpleasantness works both ways.

I will also never forget they way he walked out on us the day before an FA Cup 3rd round match

Are you confusing this with Martin O''Neil jumping ship the day before City''s 3rd round FA cup tie against Leicester mate?.

Squit: If thats the best you can add to the debate.............why bother?.

Any other club would have sacked this poor excuse for a manager months ago, Delia is putting frienships before the good of the club . We might as well change the name of the club to Smiths Freinds Utd .

Citizen is right Worthys changes have not mainly  been for the good of the playing staff..Worthy`s usual reason for getting these players in is because he feels they are "HUNGRY" .Well from what we have seen of them if not having an expensive Norwich  handout they would starving on skidrow.Letting proven pro`s go to early and not giving younsters enough time is leading to the clubs decline .Any loan players from premiership could`nt wait to get away from the HOOFBALL AND AVE IT  MERCHANT we have in charge.Hopefully Delia will soon see the light as her money goes up in smoke and her cakes go flat and fail to rise. WE CERTAINTLY NEED A CHANGE OF RESTAURANT MANAGER BUT NOT A CHANGE OF CHEF!

See any other thread you''ve posted for my stock answer to your bitter, attention seeking drivel. 

Yes but she has done very well from it - I am sure that a lot of the money will go back to her! what happened to all the premiereship money? What has happened to the 7 million we got for Ashton. I bet we never spend all of it on players. We got 6 million this year but spent nothing like that!!

To say you hate Delia, Wiz, is a bit over the top I think but I know where you''re coming from - Walker was a better manager than Worthington for sure, we all know about his first spell, which was the highest point in NCFC''s history but even during his less succesful second spell, it should be remembered - he had a very tight budget, injuries a plenty, had to rely on kids coming through but had a relatively short time frame compared to Worthington, Oh and although the football wasn''t so pretty the second time around, it was sooo much better than I see today, which does beg a question which you so rightly raise Wiz!

All I have to say on the matter:

Ipswich Town... 5           Norwich City...0

Bye bye Mike, thanks for the memories

"Worthy has just let decent pro''s, proven at this level leave for nothing!!"

Dean Ashton for £7.25m which I do believe is the record transfer fee this club has ever recieved ....Also you moan about young players Mike Walker had at his disposal yet you CONSTANTLY harp on about how the kids should be given a chance at the club. Also I dont think it''s much of a criticism to ask how Norwich would do without Huckerby probably as badly as Arsenal without Henry  or United without Rooney, yes , we would struggle without our best player !

I''m starting to think you may actually BE Mike Walker!!!!!Its explains all the bitterness and in the light of recent reports it explains all the rubbish posts.

[quote user="Misery Guts"]

"Worthy has just let decent pro''s, proven at this level leave for nothing!!"

Dean Ashton for £7.25m which I do believe is the record transfer fee this club has ever recieved ....Also you moan about young players Mike Walker had at his disposal yet you CONSTANTLY harp on about how the kids should be given a chance at the club. Also I dont think it''s much of a criticism to ask how Norwich would do without Huckerby probably as badly as Arsenal without Henry  or United without Rooney, yes , we would struggle without our best player !

[/quote]

yes he sold ashton but I wasnt talking about our top player, I was talking about those championship performers he just let leave the club. 

Must biggest gripe with worthy is how he has fashioned such a poor team since promotion playing poor football - the chance to improve the team that we had on promotion has alomost been wasted, now we are a worse team that leaks goals and lose more than we win....

a couple of youth records pre the weekend:

Ryan and Danny''s Norwich careers

Ryan Jarvis''s NCFC record

2005/2006 1 start 2 subs 1 goal (total 150 minutes on the park) 1 home 2 away

2004/2005 1 start 4 subs 1 goal (total 147 minutes on the park) 1 home 4 away

2003/2004  1 start 13 subs 1 goal (total 188 minutes on the park) 7 home 7 away

2002/2003  2 starts 1 subs 0 goal (total 165 minutes on the park) 1 home 2 away

He has played 650 minutes football for the norwich first team scoring 3 goals along the way.

Danny Crow''s NCFC record

2004/2005 0 starts 4 subs 0 goal (total 45 minutes on the park) 1 home 3 away

I just beleive the fact that youth players have played a total of around 5 starts and 9 sub appearances (rossi 1+4, Ryan, 2+3 Spillane 2+1, Cave Brown +1)  this term between them is a poor showing...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I will also never forget they way he walked out on us the day before an FA Cup 3rd round match

Are you confusing this with Martin O''Neil jumping ship the day before City''s 3rd round FA cup tie against Leicester mate?.

[/quote]

I think you will find Mike Walker quit for Everton the day before City played at Wycombe Wanderers in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup. No confusion!

Are you confusing this with Martin O''Neil jumping ship the day before City''s 3rd round FA cup tie against Leicester mate

No, 1st Wizard,

Wycombe 1993

"Mike Walkers a *, he wears a * hat,

and now he''s gone to Everton ,''cos he''s a greedy *"

[quote user="morty"]

See any other thread you''ve posted for my stock answer to your bitter, attention seeking drivel. 

[/quote]

Other than your usual pathetic  ''pop'' at a poster you bring nothing to the debating table, you never have and you never will.

Some who disagree with me, explain in great detail why they disagree.

At least you and Squity are consistant morty!.

Or should I call you ''Insults are us'' ?.