Sign in to follow this  
Honest Joe

See told you..Worthy is getting it together now and next year will be better.

Now that Worthy is getting it back together perhaps we can all be as one again..I hope so anyway.Say.. back in the premier league..back in the premier league. Back from 2-0 down..we are great again.

12 minutes of good football, and he''s turned us round. Hang on the minute, beating QPR 3-2 isnt much to get excited about after the 1st 78 minutes.

I take it, Honest Joe, that you''re on a wind-up. With Worthington in charge, there''s more chance of Dale Winton winning ''Mr Universe'' than us returning to the Premiership.

[quote user="Honest Joe"]Now that Worthy is getting it back together perhaps we can all be as one again..I hope so anyway.

Say.. back in the premier league..back in the premier league.

Back from 2-0 down..we are great again.
[/quote]

so as usual a ktfer who doesnt go to games....  we were dire...  awful..  I would go as far to say as that was the worst we have played at home in 2006.....

Were you at the match Honest Joe? If that is your honest assessment of the game today, then you obviously dont want our club back in the Premier League, cause we werent too clever until Hucks scored, and JJ2 came on.

We were yet again second rate, and battling it out against a very mediocre average mid table Championship side at home. Not hugely inspiring.

Get real Joe. Man of the match Gallacher says it all. Without him QPR would have been four goals out of sight before we''d even scored.  Worthy has to be one of the jammiest managers going. For 80 minutes we were dreadful. We made a struggling QPR side look like they knew what they were doing. Clueless in midfield, impotent upfront. It was only flashes of individual skill from hucks and ernie, and a bit of luck, and a handful of world class saves from our keeper that nicked us that game, not any great tactical or motivational gambit of Worthless''s. QPR fans must be going home wondering how they threw that one away.

So much for Worthy ''getting it back together again''. In fact before our first lucky goal went in I''ve never seen our players looking so demotivated and dejected all season. Heads were dropping, players were hiding. What Robinson is doing in a yellow shirt completely defeats me. He''s been a disgrace every time I''ve seen him. Every time he gets it he can''t wait to squirt it away somewhere, usually sideways or backwards. At least Damo and Holty occasionally had the balls to try and take it forward, or do something creative with it.

At times I felt sorry today for Worthy, he looked forlorn on the touchline, as though he hadn''t got a friend in the ground. Ditto for poor old happy clapper. I don''t agree with booing players as I don''t think it does anyone any good. Why Worthy subbed Spillane and put the happy clapper at right back is a mystery that perhaps only he can answer. The clapper is only any good playing as defensive midfielder in front of the back four, where if he loses it there''s someone behind him, and if he goes forward and falls over it, it should''t do too much damage. At full back he was a disaster waiting to happen. Anyone who''s watched him all season could have told Worthy that.

The only bright spot today, for me, was Gallagher, who I thought was superb. His reaction saves are better than Greeno, and he commands his area better. However, he did show a disturbing tendency to feeding the ball out to defenders rather than hoofing it aimlessly upfield, so I confidendly expect him to be replaced by Greeno at the earliest opportunity.

To be  honest, joe, like a lot of norwich fans around me today, the victory left a bit of a hollow taste in the mouth, because at 80 minutes, Worthy was as good as gone. The board have ears and eyes, they could see the atmosphere in the ground was as flat as a pancake.  The only song I heard for the first 80 minutes (apart from the  QPR fans) was ''We want Worthy out, we want Worthy out''.  And if QPR had stuck their several good chances away, or hadn''t played into our hands by trying to sit on their lead for the last 20 minutes, and descending into the Norwich style of hoofball, I firmly believe we may well have been looking at a press conference after the game, at which it was announced Worthy was departing the club.  Or very soon after.

So like a lot of fans, I was delighted with the bit of luck we had, and the spirit the players showed to turn it round at the death, but I was gutted that once again, Worthy seemed to escape his fate by the skin of his teeth.

Whether we win or lose our remaining games, it should be clear to everyone at the club that a vast majority of supporters, while they still love their team and cheer every goal, have completely lost faith with Worthy. So much so that many of them now hate his guts, and despise the style of football he''s got our club playing.  When that many fans hate the manager, it can''t be good for the club going forward. He can stay here for another 10 years but he''ll never win those fans back.  If the club had any balls they''d do the decent thing, put him out his misery and bring in someone new with fresh ideas and a more modern approach to football - tactics, training and motivation. Worthy''s style of management is like a throwback to the 1960s.

Worthy has done okay for norwich but he''s taken us as far as he can. And if you think today''s performance showed the style of football and the level of skill that''s going to get us back into the premiership, I think you are sadly deluding yourself.  Norwich used to be renowned around the country for playing flowing passing attacking football with wide men on both sides, and skillful players who could take men on and get past them.  Worthy has not only destroyed that heritage, he seems to go out of  his way to stamp on it, whenever Macca or Hucks ignite a flicker of skill from the ashes.  I don''t know about you Joe, but I go to football matches to be entertained, not watch a machine. It wouldn''t be so bad if it was a well-oiled machine, but Worthy''s machine has been running like a clapped out wreck all season, and no matter how many spare parts he brings in, it seems to run worse than ever. When you speak to fans up and down the country they no longer associate us with that exciting free-flowing attacking football that won us so many plaudits. They think we''re playing rubbish, and the imbecilic, unoriginal, cliched mumblings of our manager in the press and on TV are turning us into a bit of a laughing stock. While Arsenal have the professor and Chelsea have the chosen one, we''re lumbered with the village idiot. Sorry if that sounds a bit personal, but every time I hear him speak, I find the banality of what he has to say quite terrifying, for a man in his position. To put it bluntly, I don''t think the man is over-burdened with intelligence. He''s been a lucky manager, who landed at a family club where he''s been given ample backing and more than his fare share of money. The amount of cash he''s had compared to a lot of championship managers has managed to buy him a few extra seasons and flattered him as a manager. But even when we went up to the premiership, I lost count of the number of games we scraped home by the odd goal, usually in the dying minutes, during our championship season.

We went up to the premiership despite him, not because of him. And he was found out there good and proper. Worthy had as much opportunity and finances as Paul Jewell or Alan Pardew, but he picked the wrong players and played far too cautiously, so we came down because of him. In a manner that perhaps only Sunderland have managed to eclipse.

Today wasn''t a new dawn Joe, it merely postponed the inevitable, though hopefully not for too long. LIke you, I want us all to be behind the manager, and I want Norwich to be playing attractive, flowing passing football and winning matches and going places. But I don''t think it''s ever going to be with this manager. The sooner he goes the better. Thanks Worthy, but you''ve done all the good you can here. Do the decent thing and walk.

You must be having a laugh mate? We were pitiful for 80 minutes, and after that we werent much better. 3 pretty lucky goals and two amazing saves from Greens ''understudy'' and everyone loves the clueless gaffer yet again.....amazing.

I honestly can''t believe that there are people out there who actually think we played well today. We were unbelieveably poor and the win has probably done us more harm than good. Had it stayed 2-0 I think there would have been big protests inside the ground at the final whistle and it may have been all too much for the board and he might be gone. But now he''s got away with it again so we''ll have to wait. Surely it can''t be much longer before he''s out but then it could be years. It''s just impossible to guess what this board really thinks.

''We''ve only won one game,  we''ve only won one game, one game, we''ve only won one game''doesnt it say alot that until the 78th minute - the only decent save their keeper made was from his own defender''s header?it''s quite remarkable, i dont remember us ever being bad enough that other teams actively tried to give us a goal before.

Then who got us there last year? Sorry I think you have short memories. He also stopped us going down the year before.If you think he''s bad you also have to remember the good he has done.

6 home wins in a row.

Shocking.

Unacceptable.

How are we all supposed to enjoy a good session of 90 minutes booing and moaning if we keep winning at home..

I''m sure you put this on here just to annoy everyone .....

Worthy hasn''t got a clue away from home....

His players didn''t have a clue for 78 mins today.

They must have been so Pi**ed off with the moaning chants of abuse that they started to play again.

We were awful and have been for most of the season.

A new management team is needed. I hope Birmingham get relegated and Brucey comes to Norwich after Worthy resigns....

I can see pigs flying over there ....look!

[quote user="Honest Joe"]Then who got us there last year? Sorry I think you have short memories. He also stopped us going down the year before.

If you think he''s bad you also have to remember the good he has done.
[/quote]

your obviously a binner, and you certainly don''t go to matches.  To say that the home fans cheered the QPR goals says it all I think

Honest Joe is clearly not for real and is just on a wind up mission. Just read his signature, it sounds like it''s written by a five year old. Good on you Joe for getting a rise out of all the negative morons that seem to have taken over this board... There''s little room for serious debate anymore with the kind of people that seriously come out in favour of hailing abuse at our own players during games, so why not just have a bit of a laugh getting their heckles up.I thought for a while that Silver Canary might be a wind up merchant from the opposite tack... but I think he might actually be for real!?! Scary thought!

[quote user="Honest Joe"]Then who got us there last year? Sorry I think you have short memories. He also stopped us going down the year before.

[/quote]

using that arguement then surely Ron Saunders should still be at the helm...

Honest Joe.......absolute rubbish!!  1.  He didn''t get us there last year, we were already there!! And lets be honest, we didn''t have a great time results wise, until the last few games, when it was virually too late. Even then our awful away record let us down...remenber Fulham, or the way we let a 3-1 lead slip away against Palace...that result alone would have meant Prem fooball again this season. 2. Stopped us going down the year before...don''t think so, as that was the year we won the Championship, and the year before we finished 8th!! Before that it was 6th ( and lets not forget the tactical genius of a substitution in the play off final that cost us that game!!). If he stays in charge, I fancy us to see League 1 football a long time before we ever get back to the Prem........yesterdays game was just awful.....Worthy should pay his next years wages to Gallagher for saving his skin. I sit in the Jarrold stand, and everyone around us was saying he should go....not one person in our immediate vicinity wants him here. As a bad manager he is now right up there with Hamilton......nobody, especially football managers, or players can live on past glorys. Lets hope we have a big summer clearout, starting with W and his staff, then the deadwood players who need to go.     

Re 6 home wins in a row..........all against teams either with nothing to play for, or at the bottom end of the table...fantastic. What about our away record, and have you looked at how many clean sheets we have kept this year, plus our goals for and against. We will never get promoted by winning just at home, and getting stuffed away. For those of you who thought that yesterday was bad, it was nothing compared to how awful we were when we played them at Loftus Road......and lets be honest QPR aren''t exactly the Brazil of this league.

[/quote]

Talking of short memories pal, I think you''ll find we got relegated last year!.

[quote user="Honest Joe"]See I told you..He IS getting it back together.

Now lets get behind him and next year will come good.
[/quote]

Alright mate, you keep believing that........

[quote user="Honest Joe"]See I told you..He IS getting it back together.

Now lets get behind him and next year will come good.
[/quote]

absoluitely - we are only 13 points off the play-offs now.....  5 million spent this season, we bloody ought to be close....

i fully agree with you, joe. lets just put petty squabbling behind us and go back to being the 12th man again. it is that (and a fair bit of luck) that will win us the championship title next season.