Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Can I put a bet on City staying up?

This may sound a bit of a stupid question but don''t think I have ever seen the chance of putting a bet on a club staying up. Obviously you can bet on clubs going down, but staying up? Any idea of what kind of odds we would get? Want to try and put a bet on before we buy in the summer!

I''ve heard you can get 5/1, (only a rumour at the mo, not official yet) which are huge odds considering how awesome Norwich are. Bung a monkey on it if you see it. Check out Bluesquare.com.

DD..I have spoken to William Hill this morning. You can put a bet on, but we will have to wait until the season finishes. Then the odds will be calculated. I''m putting £100 on them staying up..But do it soon as you can the odds will be better!

What is all this negative placing of bets on city to stay up? What a waste of money. I''m putting a bet on us to be champions. Much better odds and just as likely.

C''mon u yellows.

p.s. I am predicting us to the win the Champions League the season after, beating Bayern in the final with Malkay getting thw inner with a Goss-esque volley.

hiya -earlier today sky said norwich were 4/9 favourites to go down. your best bet would be to lay these odds on betfair (betting exhange) when a market is formed.

Um why am I being negative? Im betting on City staying up!! But Goss-pel get real..come on its going to be tough! I''m going to be happy if we just stay up. Look at what Birmingham have achieved. we dont need to be top 5 in the first year!! no need to rush things, the slower you go the longer it lasts!!!!

I must apologise for using the lowest form of witt. Just remember its the highest form of something else.

But seriously if Portsmouth can stay up then we must have a good shot and I agree with Hucks that we shouldn''t sign two many players. Two quality British players (one young, on 25-30) would do a fine job and we should sign some useless playboy from Japan or China just to make sure we make the most of kit sales.

You know, we take great pains out of the Everton experience to ensure that the world at large is aware that Norwich supporters are not racist. The preceding comments from Goss-pel are not appreciated by me and, I hope by most others. It may seem like a tame way to express racism, but that is what it is nonetheless. Think before you say something. Useless playboys are available in Britain as well as quality and sound players are available out of Asia. It does not matter where someone is from...it is always about the quality of the individual.

If what I say annoys you morty then I would encourage you to look in the mirror, imagine you are Chinese or Japanese and then read the post from Goss-pel again. We do have fans with that ethnic background and I don''t care if some see it as relatively harmless, it''s a slight that''s not necessary.

Yankee are you being serious. I meen are you really being serious. No sorry actually serious. How in any way is what I said racist? Considering I have spent half my life in Asia (including China), a continent which I love infinitely more than my native Britain, why would I want to be racist. Every country has its useless playboys and the criticism is not meant to be directed at ethnicity and rather at the football playboy status. i.e The Leicester six are useless British playboys in the same way that Maradona is an Argentinian playboy (incidently he wasn''t always useless).
I am not on this forum to argue.

Goss-pel, I accept the spirit of what you are saying in this last post and the expanded explanation of what you meant and, I too, have no wish to argue. This is a great trime for all Canary fans. I ask you too, however, to look at your first post carefully through the eyes of an Asian fan. You could have just as easily made the comment about signing someone from Japan or China in a positive way e.g. "we could also sign an up and comer from China or Japan that would undoubtedly help develop fan potential and income from that region" or, if you wanted to make the comment about a useless playboy then say that without referring to specific countries. I too, Goss-pel, have spent some time in that part of the world so we are both travelled enough to appreciate the quality of people regardless of where they are from. There are those, however, that do not feel that way and, in my opinion, we must be careful not to appear to aid those that may choose to discriminate. That''s all I''m saying.