Sign in to follow this  
TheMarshmallowMan

WOers - Surely you realise the futility of your argument?

I won''t reiterate what I''ve written in my blog (which, by the way, people are welcome to make comments on here or on the site), but surely now you realise the futility of working for the removal of a manager who has shown at least the starting signs of a turn around?

[quote user="NCFC - The Alternate View"]

I won''t reiterate what I''ve written in my blog (which, by the way, people are welcome to make comments on here or on the site), but surely now you realise the futility of working for the removal of a manager who has shown at least the starting signs of a turn around?

[/quote]

um no, 2 weeks ago we gave in at injury hit preston, 2 weeks before that we gave up against a burnley side that hadnt scored in 6 games...  we are 13 points off the play-offs....  1 week ago we were played off the  park by a team that hadnt won in 9 matches (QPR) and got beat by the team lieing in 21st place.

we have scored less points per game post christmas than we did pre christmas......

This manager has spent 5 million quid this season, unyet our defense cannot defend a corner or set peice!!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="NCFC - The Alternate View"]

[/quote]

um no, 2 weeks ago we gave in at injury hit preston, 2 weeks before that we gave up against a burnley side that hadnt scored in 6 games...  we are 13 points off the play-offs....  1 week ago we were played off the  park by a team that hadnt won in 9 matches (QPR) and got beat by the team lieing in 21st place.

we have scored less points per game post christmas than we did pre christmas......

This manager has spent 5 million quid this season, unyet our defense cannot defend a corner or set peice!!!

[/quote]

Yes, but we''ve also won 6 on the trot at home and beaten Cardiff at Ninian Park.

How many managers can you remember sacked after a run like that?

[quote user="NCFC - The Alternate View"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="NCFC - The Alternate View"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but we''ve also won 6 on the trot at home and beaten Cardiff at Ninian Park.

[/quote]

I dont think our board will sack him, they have no steel in them....  yes 1 away win in 2006 in a meaningless game, i guess at least we dont have that round our neck next season

mike walker won his last 2 games 5 nil......

I dont think he will be sacked - it wouldnt surprise me if we are 10th 10 games into next season with the same debate going on again, and people saying give him till xmas to turn it round next season.....

If we start next season poorly, im afraid all the worthy out stuff will be back in the ground again, if the board do sack him after 10 games aho the hell are they going to get in as a boss then.

WOULD WE BE IN THIS SITUATION IF GEORGE BURLEY HAD TAKEN OVER IN NOVEMBER??

[quote user="NCFC - The Alternate View"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="NCFC - The Alternate View"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont think our board will sack him, they have no steel in them....  yes 1 away win in 2006 in a meaningless game, i guess at least we dont have that round our neck next season

mike walker won his last 2 games 5 nil......

I dont think he will be sacked - it wouldnt surprise me if we are 10th 10 games into next season with the same debate going on again, and people saying give him till xmas to turn it round next season.....

If we start next season poorly, im afraid all the worthy out stuff will be back in the ground again, if the board do sack him after 10 games aho the hell are they going to get in as a boss then.

WOULD WE BE IN THIS SITUATION IF GEORGE BURLEY HAD TAKEN OVER IN NOVEMBER??

Totally agree - to use the same terms as the WOs themselves -

You have had your day - you have had your say -

Now move to one side, and let the football continue before you do lasting damage to this great club .     

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

True, but I bet you anything you like that quite a few managers have got sacked after not winning an away game for over 4 months... with some pretty shocking home performances chucked in for good measure.

CJF - "I dont think our board will sack him, they have no steel in them.... "

It takes steel to put up with the flack that the vocal minority and putting their way. They are being strong minded - to have sacked the manager would have been the easy way out to appease the mindless baying for blood.

Surely if nothing else you must be able to recognise that not sacking the manager is harder than sacking him? Most boards take the easy way - it may not work out for them, but I am glad that we have a board that have decidedd to show strength against what is ofetn little better than a rabble.

Read your blog  which states : -

"At home, Norwich have been pretty decent, notching up six straight victories against some decent opposition. Sheffield Utd, an in form Leicester, a tenacious Stoke and a decent QPR team all came and left with their tails in between their legs and while it''s probably going to be retorted in reaction to this article (hi Chelmsford Canary!) that the performances were poor, it''s the final score that counts. Six wins in six speaks volumes."

I''m confused as to how have written "Norwich have been pretty decent", and also commented "that the performances were poor", and that''s in the same paragraph !!

I''m not going to comment in your in/out views - I'' ll leave that to others.

Next time, if you post a link to another site - especially if its your own site - please make it worth reading.

Thanks.

The manager will be changed at some stage so who says its futile?  With an inevitability that another man will eventually manage the club which is the futile challenge?

Where would Poland have been if lech Walesa had taken the well the russian have been here a while and we are surviving approach?  Or the pamkhursts and the female vote?   No this is not on the same scale but the same principal applies.

I no longer beleive that worthy can do what this club needs to get it established in the prem (my stated aim from last Oct), not re-promoted but as a force in the prem.   He is bereft of ideas and is unlikely to complete the task of getting us repromoted having squandered the biggest budgets ever given to a cty manager.

A couple of wins at the end of a poor season where we have been so uncompetetive game after game makes us finishing 7th an irrelevance (and I am very confident that we will finish the season with 3 consecutive wins)

[/quote]

Thats your opinion, unfortunately the vast majority of fans made their opinion known at the last home game against QPR, where we were dire for most of the match.

Your blog is full of contradictions as already hilighted.

The truth is, Worthington had the best financial support of any manager in this division and did not come even close to making the playoffs let alone winning automatic promotion.

To spin this as acceptable is simply stupid. He has failed badly for the last 2 seasons.

WORTHY OUT.

Concerning the contradictions, if you care to read the passage, I do explain that this is a points game and that based on this points game, Norwich have been pretty decent achieveing 18 points/ 18.

That''s not a contradiction, that''s a statistical fact which you cannot dispute.

And that is the basis of my argument; this is a game ran on statistics, and the statistics show simply too good a return to fault the manager. Those of you who think that performances will be taken into account are naieve.

And Tim, I apologise if you can''t understand basic insinuation - perhaps you read what you want to read instead of following my line of thought.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="NCFC - The Alternate View"]

[/quote]

Thats your opinion, unfortunately the vast majority of fans made their opinion known at the last home game against QPR, where we were dire for most of the match.

Your blog is full of contradictions as already hilighted.

The truth is, Worthington had the best financial support of any manager in this division and did not come even close to making the playoffs let alone winning automatic promotion.

To spin this as acceptable is simply stupid. He has failed badly for the last 2 seasons.

WORTHY OUT.

[/quote]

Mmm. So on that, Chelsea - who have the best financial support for any manager in the world - should sack Jose Mourinho for not winning the Champions League and FA Cup?

He has hardly failed badly last season. Failing badly would be doing a Sunderland. You, like so many Norwich fans, held an exaggerated expectation for last season. The season would''ve been a success if we finished 17th, and we missed out on that by one (albeit hideous 6-0 mauling) match.

"You have had your day - you have had your say - Now move to one side, and let the football START before you do lasting damage to this great club."

Well said, the perfect message to anyone who still supports the idiot Worthington.

Worthington OUT!      

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

CJF - "I dont think our board will sack him, they have no steel in them.... "

It takes steel to put up with the flack that the vocal minority and putting their way. They are being strong minded - to have sacked the manager would have been the easy way out to appease the mindless baying for blood.

Surely if nothing else you must be able to recognise that not sacking the manager is harder than sacking him? Most boards take the easy way - it may not work out for them, but I am glad that we have a board that have decidedd to show strength against what is ofetn little better than a rabble.

[/quote]

ok lets start with your petty insults, I would not call the NCISA the most militant of supporters groups, nor would I call them mindless, this same set of supporters helped chase chase out of our club. Minority/majority, well most of the fans I know and all most of the fans I sit around want him out, so it is a fair amount of fans (including many commentators, both radio and in the newspapers) this feeling isnt just from a couple of hundred fair weather fans.

Nigel Worthington''s management. 

1) OK who started at left wing last season against palace

2) who started 2 games before being dropped, only to return after 12 games, but out of position?

3) who was reguarly taken off at half time (two or 3 times in his first few games) and in that 12th game played Left wing as the above player was being played right wing....

4) what system did we adopt after 3 matches into the premiership season that we had NEVER used (or I would guess) trained for before.....

5) which hard working striker had to wait 8 games for a start, and was accused in the local rag of having a goal drought (even tho he had hardly played)

6) which player was blamed for the 3 nil defeat against liverpool and was barely given a start again until 6 matches from the end of the seaosn

7) which team started the 2004/2005 season with the shortest defense in premiership history

8) did Gary Holt play in our first win of that season

9) which team has conseded the most goals from set peices in the premiership?

10) who scored our last free kick?

11) which talented ball player did worthy want to let go last summer....

12) which overweight irishman was signed ands played up front for 7 matches (as if we would have stayed up with him up top) in preference to leon??

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

The manager will be changed at some stage so who says its futile?  With an inevitability that another man will eventually manage the club which is the futile challenge?

Where would Poland have been if lech Walesa had taken the well the russian have been here a while and we are surviving approach?  Or the pamkhursts and the female vote?   No this is not on the same scale but the same principal applies.

I no longer beleive that worthy can do what this club needs to get it established in the prem (my stated aim from last Oct), not re-promoted but as a force in the prem.   He is bereft of ideas and is unlikely to complete the task of getting us repromoted having squandered the biggest budgets ever given to a cty manager.

A couple of wins at the end of a poor season where we have been so uncompetetive game after game makes us finishing 7th an irrelevance (and I am very confident that we will finish the season with 3 consecutive wins)

[/quote]

ZLF; As you say he isn''t the man to get us established in the Prem (an opinion I neither agree nor disagree with), would you say he''s the man to get us out of this division? I think it''s important to remember that we''re far from being an established Premiership side. We could do a West Brom - successfully change our manager to be relegated the next season.

Nigel Worthington''s management. 

1) OK who started at left wing last season against palace - David Bentley

2) who started 2 games before being dropped, only to return after 12 games, but out of position? - Thomas Helveg

3) who was reguarly taken off at half time (two or 3 times in his first few games) and in that 12th game played Left wing as the above player was being played right wing.... - Mathais Jonson

4) what system did we adopt after 3 matches into the premiership season that we had NEVER used (or I would guess) trained for before..... - Diamond

5) which hard working striker had to wait 8 games for a start, and was accused in the local rag of having a goal drought (even tho he had hardly played) - Leon

6) which player was blamed for the 3 nil defeat against liverpool and was barely given a start again until 6 matches from the end of the seaosn - Safri

7) which team started the 2004/2005 season with the shortest defense in premiership history - Norwich

8) did Gary Holt play in our first win of that season - No

9) which team has conseded the most goals from set peices in the premiership? - Us

10) who scored our last free kick? - Mulryne??  perhaps not sure

11) which talented ball player did worthy want to let go last summer.... - McVeigh

12) which overweight irishman was signed ands played up front for 7 matches (as if we would have stayed up with him up top) in preference to leon?? - The Doc

Fundamental Errors that have continued into this season...  Absolute Joke Management

IMO given infinite patience then Worthy could get us repromoted (next season even if the clear faults around tactics, youth, selections amd style of play are addressed - but can an old manager learn new tricks)  and is almost certain to do so within that time frame! - but I do think he will need to rebuild this squad to do it and it is likely to take several seasons.    

Worthy has not got the best out of what I still consider is a decent squad, if too threadbare in obvious places, and that another manager could have firstly made us more competetive this season with the same resources and secondly is more likely to take this core squad to be real promotion challenges next season by buying wisely in the summer. His ongoing focus on becoming more workmanlike next season fills me with so much dread for the future and reinforces in my mind that his skill set is limited, one dimensional and bereft of ideas on how to take the club forward.   So while he could get us promoted I think another manager is more likely to do so and sooner. 

Yes we are a long way from being a estab prem club, but this season should have been one of consolidation but instead we have used scant resources beyond most champ teams dreams to produce an uncompetetive team lacking structure, strength in depth (astonishing given the investment),  innovation or results. 

The clubs original 5 year plan was to get promoted - which they did.  The next stage of developmentmust be to get there & stay there and should be the focus of the next/current rolling 5 year plan.   We are as far away from that prospect now as we were 3 seasons ago.

The club feel worthy is the man to deliver that and I respect that view, and your own as it coincides, I disagree on the basis of two highly uncompeteive seasons from squads that could and should have performed better under different leadership.   

NCFC the alternative view,

You are just another spin merchant, 18/18 what a load of crap and how do you like this one 6/27 yep thats away from home.

So this gives a total of 24/45 which doesnt even equal 2 points per game, this would mean no playoffs next season.

This is not a new problem and has been here for the whole of his time in charge. Wake up smell the coffee we cannot play away under this man.

SB, everyone on here, WO and KTF is going to reinterpret events to fit their argument, it happens in family life, politics, work and it is bound to happen on here. Take any post and you will see that it is spin, a situation which is admittedly being taken to ridiculous proportions under the current circumstances. And looking at your post, I hardly think you can claim to be the last bastion of objective truth! 

You are totally deluded my friend! Worthington has spent two years underachieving and largely wasting the clubs money. Some of the football played this season is worst I have seen by Norwich City since I have watching them - and that was in 1980. Any City fan who seriously believes he will ''turn it around'' next season is naive in the extreme.

We have past the point of no return at Carrow Road. The only way the club can move forward is to replace Worthington this summer with a manager with fresh ideas who gets respect from ALL the players. He MUST be replaced - There is no logical reason to keep him ''incharge''.

This is unlikely to happen because the board will continue to do nothing, which is an inept way of running a business, which ultimately is what NCFC is. Despite Delias'' good intentions, with her husband she owns way too much of Norwich City, something I have never been happy about from the start [Robert Chase ''only'' owned around 34%, which itself was too much].

With their control over the board, nothing will change. If they reduced their shareholding, we may see a more balanced arguement, instead of the old '' let''s get behind dear old Nigel'' approach, which is now a complete waste of time.

The players haven''t for the last two years, so why should we...?

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

NCFC the alternative view,

You are just another spin merchant, 18/18 what a load of crap and how do you like this one 6/27 yep thats away from home.

So this gives a total of 24/45 which doesnt even equal 2 points per game, this would mean no playoffs next season.

This is not a new problem and has been here for the whole of his time in charge. Wake up smell the coffee we cannot play away under this man.

[/quote]

One man''s spin is another man''s truth.

And half of 45 is 22.5 - which is less than 24.

Concerning the contradictions, if you care to read the passage, I do explain that this is a points game and that based on this points game, Norwich have been pretty decent achieveing 18 points/ 18.

That''s not a contradiction, that''s a statistical fact which you cannot dispute.

And that is the basis of my argument; this is a game ran on statistics, and the statistics show simply too good a return to fault the manager. Those of you who think that performances will be taken into account are naieve.

And Tim, I apologise if you can''t understand basic insinuation - perhaps you read what you want to read instead of following my line of thought.

[/quote]

What utter tosh!

The "points game" says we got relegated last year and not even close to the playoffs this year.

Thats a statistical fact that nobody can dispute.

Is this really the best you have?

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="NCFC - The Alternate View"]

[/quote]

What utter tosh!

The "points game" says we got relegated last year and not even close to the playoffs this year.

Thats a statistical fact that nobody can dispute.

Is this really the best you have?

[/quote]

the points game also states we would have got relegated in every premiership season and that we wouldnt have come close to the play-offs in any championship season....

what was thye closest we have got... 6 points this year!!!  a joke, and now we are 13 points behind\in spite of winning lots of hame games.

"SB, everyone on here, WO and KTF is going to reinterpret events to fit their argument, it happens in family life, politics, work and it is bound to happen on here. Take any post and you will see that it is spin, a situation which is admittedly being taken to ridiculous proportions under the current circumstances. And looking at your post, I hardly think you can claim to be the last bastion of objective truth! " Perm

True enough it is a spin - but what is almost certainly the cae is that the opinion has hardened against the Worthy Out people. I am a relative newcomer to the boards although having looked in occasionally for years. What drove me tho this is the behaviour of the Worthy Out campaign, particulalry against QPR. It was much too much and quite shameful.

What is apparent is that there is a small minority of fans that have no regard for the rest of us (and I do not include all WO in this). This minority have changed the atmosphere at the ground that is now bitter and at times hostile. Despite the fan who brazenly said on these boards that he didn''t care, my children (and I am sure many others) have been quite frightened by some of what they have seen by men (largely) who are old enough (if not intelligent enough) to know better. Norwich has always been known as a family club and recent events are making this less and less the case.

I have been very disappointed with some of the football played this year and I''m sure that the vast majority would agree with me. But that happens - it''s football. What I can''t forget or forgive is the threatening behaviour of those that want to turn our great club into a intolerant place.

These people have driven me off the fence - I have had my doubts but no I am clear - keep Worthy - get rid of the louts who spoil it for everyone else. The club would be so much better of if they were to leave.

If you can''t get behind your team, restrain yourself. If you can''t do that, do us all a favour and go somewhere else - I hear Chelsea win all the time - they might suit you.