Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Windfalls for Norwich!

Norwich City have been boosted by West Ham''s victory over Middlesbrough in Sunday''s FA Cup semi-final. As part of the £7.25m deal which saw Dean Ashton leave Carrow Road in January, City will receive £125,000 now the Hammers have qualified for Europe. The Canaries will also net a further £125,000 if he wins a full England cap. They recently received £250,000 from Wigan relating to Damien Francis'' move to the JJB Stadium, which was payable once the Latics avoided relegation.

if worthington had not bought these players at the right price, sold them for considerably more than we paid for them and then negotiated the sell on clauses, we woul be getting naff all. dont get me wrong i have my own opinion on NW''s abilities as a manager but i do think that if you give him the stick for buying some under achieving players, its only fair that you give him the credit for some of the good deals as well. ie: hucks, frrancis, ashton, safri, earnshaw, mckenzie, svennson, etc. he also spotted the potential in crouch and bought the confidence that he now has out of him. time will tell if the likes of etuhu. robinson, louis jean, thorne, and hughes will come good and i would expect NW to sign a significant amount of new players in defence and midfield in the close season.