Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Jonaton Johansson

What do you guys think of JJ2?  I have been quite impresssed in the few appearances I have seen.  I just can''t beleive worthy has him here but refuses to play him.  We could sign him on a FREE TRANSFER in the summer, but he just isnt getting picked.  Compared to free transfers like Peter Thorne I fear we have missed a trick here. 

I would have thought he would have got 30 minutes at the weekend but no...  Charlton paid 3.75 million for him so he must be on big wages.  I wonder how much money for nothing we have paid??  I suppose at least he is keeping tne bench warn and not watching the games from the comfort of his dunstan hall 5 star room like Zesh Rayman.

[quote user="GreenYellow Fan"]SO EXPLAIN TO ME IF YOU ARE ON LOAN , U ARE ON A PAY AS YOU PLAY CONTARCT?[/quote]

nope probably more like 12,000 a week to warm the bench in JJ2''s case, rayman perhaps £2000 a week to watch from a comfy room at Dunstan Hall.

Loan deals are just that - loan deals. Mini contracts in their own right.Players can take a pay drop or in some cases if they refuse to the loaning club sometimes still pay some of the wages. Obviously in situations such as with Lisbie earlier in the season it was to Charltons benefit as a player was able to get regular football and his fitness back after injury.Its not always as straight forward as that their wages come with them . . . .

i think johansson has been good when he''s played, so has rehman come to think of it (when ive seen him play anyway)

[quote user="chicken"]Loan deals are just that - loan deals. Mini contracts in their own right.

Players can take a pay drop or in some cases if they refuse to the loaning club sometimes still pay some of the wages. Obviously in situations such as with Lisbie earlier in the season it was to Charltons benefit as a player was able to get regular football and his fitness back after injury.

Its not always as straight forward as that their wages come with them . . . .
[/quote]

yep along with agents fees and the like.  It is actually quite an expensive process and in this situation where we have been bowhere near the play-offs totally money wasted - unless we sign JJ2 (Is he that stupid to come here to not get picked - I doubt it) whom has looked impressive when given a chance (not very often)

[quote user="streakey"]He cant play hoofball which Worthy demands of him Got to get out before its to late.[/quote] Quality, good attitude, quick and a free transfer so probably not going to be on Worthy''s wish list. He''ll probably spend lots of cash on another Hughes instead!

For me it all comes down to budget.

JJ looks a class above EVERYONE at the club bar Hux.   However do we need another striker who needs the ball played to feet.

If we can get a right side of the team, a creative and combative midfielder who gets forward, a left sided midfielder and captain figure and a big target man to suit our prefered style of play will there be enough left for a touch of class.

We have more burning needs and I dare say another tight budget - if it stretches then signing him up fast,

i''d love to see johansson here, but i''m not sure what role he really can play apart from super-sub and general backup. we shouldn''t play earnshaw and johansson together upfront because we would lack strength. ryan jarvis or mckenzie are more natural partners for earnshaw. also, i''m not convinced he deserves a place on the right ahead of mcveigh, and particularly if we sign a natural right winger in the close season, his options are further limited. i''d love to see him stay though.