Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

Take Stock

Everyone on here knows that I am anti-worthington, but I have to say that, as a total realist the Cardiff game has guaranteed Worthy his future next season, irrespective of the Wolves result. That said, the game could be the difference between 7th and 11th spot depending on results, but the top half of the table is guaranteed. If we nab 7th spot, one has to say that in the future all parties within CR will claim this as a good season!!!

The point that I''m taking ages to get to is that something somewhere has to either snap, or someone needs to back down. That isnt going to be worthyout.co.uk, nor is it going to be delia and nigel. There is only two ways that things can go and that is for the fans to get behind the team and not the manager (if you are WO, KTF''ers dont sing!) or for the fans to get behind the likes of worthyout.co.uk

Delia may have made a decision if we are in the bottom half, but that isnt going to happen.The lack of support towards worthyout.co.uk in terms of volunteers for signatures, handfuls of protesters outside the ground would suggest that the majority of fans cant be bothered. The club will assume that all of those that cant be bothered are in support of them.

Whatever the people on this board think, the team have to come first if we are honest that we do want to escape this division, and we have to start well.

With the outcome of the wolves game immaterial, i see no point in turning up to cheer the opposition or sing worthy out for 90 minutes. Either get behind the team (there''s no need to sing delia or nigel songs) or stay at home.

Even the most adamant of WO''ers has to take on board that everytime the pressure has been on with protests or people cheering the opposition he''s got a result - all of which were flukey, but all the same he got three points.

Every one has to accept that he''s going to be here next season, and this season has been terrible. But i think that we know that are board will not accept the same next season, so we''re in a bit of a no lose situation. If we are outside of the play off spots and start like this season he will be gone, if we are in the top 6, thats exactly where we want to be.

Very well said Rossi. And actually, I think that if next season starts as poorly again, he will be out of there toot sweet. I don''t think that the board are as brain dead as a lot of people imply, they can see that a successful business needs to perform to a high standard or be dragged under - they have no interest in ruining our club and to imply that they have (as many people do) is just unrealistic.

A very good post Rossi, I totally agree. I for one although a worthy outer will be cheering them on at the start of next season. Although I feel his results will prove much the same (especially away) and he will be gone. I just hope the board dont dither over it next season if this is the case thus not giving a new manager time to turn it round.

Problem is he is gonna spend any money we have and 10 games into the season is a bad time to look for a new manager.  The best candidates have been taken already.  Southampton got lucky this season as George Burley parted company with Hearts.

I find it hard to see how this group of players has failed to make the play-offs as it is.  Although I guess the complete lack or a right side this season is probably a good starting point.

I guess we will see how well worthy does in the transfer market this summer - lets hope all the best purchases havent gone before our esteemed manager starts looking, like last year...

Agreed Rossi, given that none of us actually has any real influence

over the decision about Worthington''s future, why not just make the

best of a bad situation (if that''s how you perceive it), rather than

harming the club by abusing the players.

I would be happy to see him go personally, as I hate the style of

football we play, but I''m humble enough to accept that as an individual

supporter I don''t have any sway over the future of an institution which

has been going for over a hundred years.

Rossi said,

"The point that I''m taking ages to get to is that something somewhere has to either snap, or someone needs to back down. That isnt going to be worthyout.co.uk"

This is where you are all going wrong...If results are good next season of course all those that want worthy out will back down.....Results are everything.....Just take the example of Pardew....12 months ago he was receiving the same grief that Worthington has to endure now.....Today he is thought upon as a deity.

The same will happen at Carrow Road.

agreed aswell. its highly likely that we will perform better next season, even though some people may say there are no signs of this. at the end of the day, if we are in the top 6 next season, its where we want to be, even though we may not play like arsenal. so support is needed next season, and start again.

however, if we do start poorly, i expect that the change will be made.

Agreed snakepit - a new season brings new hope, but with a much reduced tolerance level for failure too.

There would be no worthy out movement if the management team

• had purchased a positionally balanced squad during the summer - starting with just 4 midfielders was inexcusable,
  • had embraced talent with work rate,  rather than focus mainly on the latter
  • would drop players when the are clearly not up to it/out of form (Flem last season, Hughes)
  • had built a squad that does not have to rely so heavily on loan signings
  • had used players in their preferred positions
  • had played a style of football that plays to our strengths instead of our weaknesses
  • had encouraged a passing game instead of solely focusing on hoofball 
  • had given youth players their chance when positional gaps appeared due to injury instead of running to loans or using strikers/defenders in midfielder or midfielders in defence
  • had seen how badly we need a right sided midfield - failing to sign one in the summer OR Jan was appalling
  • had solved the huckerby conundrum - so poor as defending midfielder but so easily the star of the show. 
  • could identify and address tactical issues mid game 
  • could identify and encourage match winners with all their hideous flicks & tricks instead of castigating them , and actually criticise players who have had no positive contribution on a game at all yet have been ''workmanlike'' so thats ok then.

If these (non exhaustive list of) issues resurface again next season then the same campaign will start all over again.

Protesting on Sunday is far better than protesting on the first sat of next season, and I will do so this weeked if the performance level is not up to scratch. 

Why anyone at the club should expect appreciation  for  finishing 7-11th as acceptable in a weak league when we have consistently underperformed and been uncompetetive week after week is beyond my comprehension.

[quote user="BigJon"]

Rossi said,

"The point that I''m taking ages to get to is that something somewhere has to either snap, or someone needs to back down. That isnt going to be worthyout.co.uk"

This is where you are all going wrong...If results are good next season of course all those that want worthy out will back down.....Results are everything.....Just take the example of Pardew....12 months ago he was receiving the same grief that Worthington has to endure now.....Today he is thought upon as a deity.

The same will happen at Carrow Road.

[/quote]

actually big jon 12 months ago west ham made the play-offs and went up, and 12 months before that he made the play-offs and lost in the final...  fickle west ham fans.

He also signed good young players, not lesser championship journeymen

The point i am making is that if results are good next season (and if the same as our current run of results then they should be classed as good) then all cries for worthingtons head will be forgotten.

All football fans are fickle it is in the nature of the beast.

Personally, I''d back Worthington if results and performances turned around, I think thats the difference between people who want Worthy out, and the ''KTFs''. We base our opinions on evidence, rather than some blind concept of faith (since when is faith a good thing?).

If the evidence points to Worthy being able to turn it round, I''ll support him, so far, I''ve seen nothing that suggests that.

I''m just worried about what another summer of Worthington''s transfer antics could do to our club.

This is all very well, but none of the players he has bought this season (apart from earnie) are of any use and he''s stuck with them for at least another season. So how can we afford to keep them (we wont be able to sell them) and add to the squad where there are gaping holes. The Ashton money was spent on earnie, so apart from a small amount of parachute payment and some from greeno going and thats it. Its not going to happen and we will have to sit through another season of low quality, scraping the play offs and being knocked out to suffer another season of his mediocum.

Citizen J F,I assume you are refering to the signing of Coker and not that of Makay (nice young player at 33/34). I think you will find the key is in the mix not in the actual age of players signed.If our squad was made up of early 20 something players I would be expeciting experience to be signed.At the moment we have a mix although youth should be our target we maybe do need a little more experience. Only three or four players will be 30 plus next season. We can assume Fleming may be on his last season and then there is Thorne who may well go in the summer and Huckerby (being only just 30). Then you have Robinson and McVeigh on 29 and Safri on 28 and it goes down steadily. Having another couple of players at around their mid twenties would certainly do no harm.Talking of which how old is Koumas because by my reckonings he must be around 27/28 which is prime of your career if many managers are to be listened to.

I thought it would go without saying that fans would start backing the team again come next season whoever is in charge.   The real momentum behind the Worthy Out campaign started when we had nothing left to play for and we were still witnessing rubbish football and poor tactics.   Come a new season of course support is the order of the day.

Like Zipper said surely now is the time to protest especially on the last game of the season with the result being meaningless.   If there are no protests Delia bless her will think we are all happy with our first away win this year and everything is okay agian.

All those that think Worthy is okay, just sit back and take a long hard look.  If we do beat Wolves we will have finished 10 points off the play offs, thats only 3 more wins and a draw away from the play offs with what has been an absolute pile of rubbish football that I watched at virtually every home match this season.  My point is this league has been awful, we should and could have beaten every single team we have played at home, I haven''t seen one decent side come to Carrow Road.  The only person responsible for such consistantly bad performances is Nigel.  That doesn''t even include our away form which has been even worse, we could and should have done it at home.  If any of you accept 7th place as an okay season, well I don''t know what to say to you apart from did you actually watch those displays?

[quote user="StevenageFan"]

My point is this league has been awful, we should and could have beaten every single team we have played at home, I haven''t seen one decent side come to Carrow Road. 

[/quote]

I thought Preston were bloody good , even allowing for the fact that we were very poor on the day.

Maverick - are you saying this league has just one decent team, in which case we should have finished runner up at least;  and how do you then account for the other  defeats this season?  Stevenage is right - we havent been really been competetive or good this season even when winning as sadly whe have been very poor on the day far too frequently.

Chicken - that is a scary point you make - this seasons midfield is at its peak;  they can only get worse from now on[;)]!  

This is one of the weakest championships in years yet despite having a budget and squad most clubs would have swapped at a moments notice yet we despite our consistent poor play we will finish top half, possibly 7th - it just what an opportunity we have missed. 

We are now further away from a play off spot than we were against the home preston game ( fine second half?), closer to automatic relegation than auto promotion spot and a whopping 40 points off being champs.  That is taking stock

[quote user="chicken"]Citizen J F,

I assume you are refering to the signing of Coker and not that of Makay (nice young player at 33/34). I think you will find the key is in the mix not in the actual age of players signed.

If our squad was made up of early 20 something players I would be expeciting experience to be signed.

At the moment we have a mix although youth should be our target we maybe do need a little more experience. Only three or four players will be 30 plus next season. We can assume Fleming may be on his last season and then there is Thorne who may well go in the summer and Huckerby (being only just 30). Then you have Robinson and McVeigh on 29 and Safri on 28 and it goes down steadily. Having another couple of players at around their mid twenties would certainly do no harm.

Talking of which how old is Koumas because by my reckonings he must be around 27/28 which is prime of your career if many managers are to be listened to.
[/quote]

well ok I shouldnt have said young players, I should have said good players fashioning a well balanced side....  no andy hugheses in sight.  he also has some tactical knowledge and motivational skills.  Something nigel seems to lack.  He also seems to be able to set up a defense that can defend a corner....  unlike nigel.

While I have been critical of Andy Hughes from early in the season (and WAS one of those who questioned his signing) I do not want him to leave the squad in the summer.

My only real issue with Hughes is the manager obessession with him being a starting 11 player and our number one target last season.   For that he has not been a certain started at any stage this season.  However he would still be an excellent squad player, this season and next, as our midfield is far to small and he would give us experienced cover and options when required.