Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Come on Middlesborough

God I hope they win thus stopping that fat, lazy, not as useless at West Ham, only scores when a transfer window is open strker Ashton getting in the final!

Funny how Earnie has scored 7 in 12 playing hoofball, where as this buffoon managed just 1 in 18 bar a hat trick just after the transfer window opened. Did''nt get chances my anus he did''nt care!

Come on Borough stop him getting to the final!

yeah, stop the hammers getting into the final which means they won''t get into europe, which in turn means we''ll miss out on £125k from west ham!

But don''t we get another £250,000 if the Hammers get into Europe?  Since Liverpool won yesterday, the losing finalists in the FA Cup would get their Cup Winners Cup place (they''re in the Champions League) - at least I think that''s how it works!  And I think I read that the Ashton sale had two £250k clauses - payable if they stayed up (ka-ching!) and payable if they got into Europe (didn''t look likely then, but now?...). 

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

God I hope they win thus stopping that fat, lazy, not as useless at West Ham, only scores when a transfer window is open strker Ashton getting in the final!

Funny how Earnie has scored 7 in 12 playing hoofball, where as this buffoon managed just 1 in 18 bar a hat trick just after the transfer window opened. Did''nt get chances my anus he did''nt care!

[/quote]

Haha, you''re talking b*ll*cks you know. I smell your bitter scent and it isnt pretty. Just makes me laugh, if you really dont like Ashton then dont dig up old graves, i think he is a legend. He has been brilliant at West Ham hence the talk of an England call up, not "not as useless". Yousherrrup

5.35 pm , and still no score ... neither side   LOOK   like scoring !    Ashton had two heading chances , but could only give it straight to  the keeper ,  and  gets robbed a bit too easy .

Liverpool will moider  any of these two teams ,  I`m getting my bet in right now !!

Jaysus !   Hammers have just scored  [ Harewood ]   [H]

Okay, so we may not have liked the way - 1. How Norwich handled the transfer, usual smokescreens etc and 2. How Dean Ashton went about it. The fact remains however as an ex-player of the club I wish him all the best for the final and for next season in Europe. I hope the Hammers win, however it would be bizarre if Deano picked up a groin strain prior to the final!!!!

We received a lot of money for Deano and I truly believe that we bought well with Rob Earnshaw and he will score a bucket load of goals, in which case it will be Dean Who.

[quote user="sheded"]

5.35 pm , and still no score ... neither side   LOOK   like scoring !    Ashton had two heading chances , but could only give it straight to  the keeper ,  and  gets robbed a bit too easy .

Liverpool will moider  any of these two teams ,  I`m getting my bet in right now !!

Jaysus !   Hammers have just scored  [ Harewood ]   [H]

[/quote]

Straight at the keeper? the crossbar is not the keeper. Set up the goal too

[/quote]

An assist, hit the bar, good performance and an FA cup final and Europe, he deserves it.

That is what I like to call the Karma Police, the worms will come for you big boots

[quote user="Beno27"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]

[/quote]

Haha, you''re talking b*ll*cks you know. I smell your bitter scent and it isnt pretty. Just makes me laugh, if you really dont like Ashton then dont dig up old graves, i think he is a legend. He has been brilliant at West Ham hence the talk of an England call up, not "not as useless". Yousherrrup

[/quote]

Oh purlease. Ashton, a legend? The man jumped ship first chance he got after half a season of playing half arsed. Hell, he practically announced his intent to leave after the MK Dons match just a few days after the close of the transfer window!

As for the talk of the England call up, that was after the Man City performance, where he played very well - but otherwise West Ham fans have been a bit frustrated at someone aged 22 who looks so unfit and slow and lazy that they''ve been calling for a recall for Zamora.

More than anything, Ashton is far from a City legend. Chris Sutton, Iwan Roberts, Darren Huckerby - those are City legends of the recent times and Ashton doesn''t even compare slightly to the commitment, loyalty and return these players gave us.

[quote user="NCFC - The Alternate View"][quote user="Beno27"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh purlease. Ashton, a legend? The man jumped ship first chance he got after half a season of playing half arsed. Hell, he practically announced his intent to leave after the MK Dons match just a few days after the close of the transfer window!

As for the talk of the England call up, that was after the Man City performance, where he played very well - but otherwise West Ham fans have been a bit frustrated at someone aged 22 who looks so unfit and slow and lazy that they''ve been calling for a recall for Zamora.

More than anything, Ashton is far from a City legend. Chris Sutton, Iwan Roberts, Darren Huckerby - those are City legends of the recent times and Ashton doesn''t even compare slightly to the commitment, loyalty and return these players gave us.

[/quote]

I THINK

and im glad you know all of the WH fans so you know their exact thoughts

[/quote] What a charming intelligent post!

How can anyone like what Ashton done?.He played well in the prem,then

well for the first few games of this season.He then realised that we

wasnt going to get automatic promotion and played rubbish until 2 weeks

before the transfer window opened.

As for saying hes a legend dont make me laugh,he was only here for 1 year and had a spell of 1 goal in 15 games.

Yes he is a talent but we only see a very few good games from him in the championship this season.

I agree that having been here less than a 1 he will never be a city legend - but likewise he does not deserve the negative posts he is getting either.

It was clear that his head was turned by the attention of citeh pre season and this affected his form but having said that he is still our top goal scorer with 11 (didnt we go several seasons withour best goal scorer not reaching double figures with a full season behind them?) in a season which started with just 15 goals in 13 games with the least creative midfield city have had in years and playing a style the failed to create many chances.  The fact that he had 1 goal in 15 means he must also have had a spell of 10 goals in 15 this season.

With no prospects of this club returning to the prem for at least 18 months (at teh time) I cant blame any talented player for wanting to play on the biggest stage.    Had we put ourselves in a position to satisfy his ambition he may have stayed longer - we will never know.   I was glad to see him in a city shirt, sad to see him leave too soon, feel we failed to get the best from him but wish him well in his career with West Ham and hopefully with England too, although the patent lack of pace is unlikely to mean that will happen 

well done Deano... u were an ambitious man and have fulfilled that ambition by playing in the premiership and getting to a cup final.. the chance of Europe next season awaits...

or u could have festered at a mid table championship side that is going nowhere, with a manager who encourages long ball, Ashtons career was going down the toilet here.. he made the right decision at the right time..

Why are we criticisng someone who had a career plan, who is ambitious.. lets face it he was never going to be here long.. we all knew that from Day 1? why slag the guy off because he has proved a point and acheived his dream?

what if u left ur job only to be heckled, slagged off and criticised by the people u work with now, because ur ambitious and took on a role with better prospects and more money? works the same for Deano

jas :)

ive always wanted him to do well since he left. it was good for the club and ashton in the long run. we weren''t gaining anything from keeping him here. he deserves to be in the prem as he is a premiership player. good luck to him i say. and no, he''s not a legend, but i will always have a likening for him.

and to clear the add-ons thing, its 125k for getting into europe (which they have), and another 125k if he plays for england while at west ham.

can anyone confirm if the 15% sell on clause is 15% of the fee, or 15% of the profit west ham get? i would have thought the first, but not sure.

I think there was a mention of 15% on profit earlier this week.