is this going to stop next season?

i just can''t imagine what it''s like playing at CR at the moment. i''ve

never seen nor heard anything like it before anywhere. the players have

said the same and i can only guess what it does for how they feel about

playing there and for norwich generally. personally, if i was a player

my attitude would be "s*d you then, i''m off to play for a club where

the fans appreciate the players..."

yes, those who boo the players, the team, cheer the opposition''s goals

etc can say it''s only directed at the manger but the fact is it''s not.

that might be the intent but the effect is exactly the same as booing

the players and blaming the players.

it seems to me that the team will have to win every game from start to

finish next season to get CR back to how it was in our promotion

season and i find that very depressing. the team is behind the manager,

the board is behind the manager and he''s not going anywhere. we start

next season with a clean slate, so i just pray the fans can unite

behind the whole club next season. otherwise, we could be in for

another season like this one, which will see players leaving, and only

then might people see the manager leave, but at a terrible cost of

having to rebuild on a shoestring, minus the parachute payments. and

who will want to come and manage us then?

this season has been a write off, no question, but we had no divine

right to come back up and we have got another chance next season with a

still strong squad that is starting to bed in. it''s time people woke up

to where we are heading if the current atmosphere and attitude remains.

Good post a1. it''s interesting that no one has commented up to now. It seems that sense and reason are not news on this site! I would also add that when you boo, you are actually, in effect, booing a lot of your fellow fans who chose to retain faith in the manager.

There are still many in the silent majority that chose to gleen as much pleasure as we can from our expensively purchased tickets (and yes, at times that has been hard)

We have no divine right to play premiership football and would not have done if not for the current manager and Board. The last "long period of wilderness" was preceded by behaviour against the then chair. (Although to be fair, his personality made him hard to defend!) I fear that if people don''t calm down and grow up we will face a similar long wait.

Its very simple and doesnt really need answering , if Worthington is still here it WILL carry on next season , so many fans now hate him and are not going to change their minds .Peace for next season = Worthington getting sacked.

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]Its very simple and doesnt really need answering , if Worthington is still here it WILL carry on next season , so many fans now hate him and are not going to change their minds .Peace for next season = Worthington getting sacked.[/quote]Sad... But probably true.I just hope that a win against Wolves next week, and a long summer for fans to cool off and reflect on things will leave the vast majority throwing their support behind the TEAM, rather than the WO witch hunt, come August.Perhaps a positive end to the campaign on the pitch (and the break) could have a good effect on the players and management also... Stranger things have happened. I think few would deny that the negativity surrounding the end of season thrashing at Fulham had shockwaves extending well into this season.Whichever way, I don''t think the end of the season can come soon enough!

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]Its very simple and doesnt really need answering , if Worthington is still here it WILL carry on next season , so many fans now hate him and are not going to change their minds .Peace for next season = Worthington getting sacked.[/quote]

Or the few that think the same way as you going away.

How many protests have ever attracted more than a few; why do you need to fiddle a petition and still not get many signatories? Why do you seem to think that the only effective tactic is to spoil the afternoon for the vast majority of those that disagree with you?

[quote user="a1canary"]i just can''t imagine what it''s like playing at CR at the moment. i''ve never seen nor heard anything like it before anywhere. the players have said the same and i can only guess what it does for how they feel about playing there and for norwich generally. personally, if i was a player my attitude would be "s*d you then, i''m off to play for a club where the fans appreciate the players..."

this season has been a write off, no question, but we had no divine right to come back up and we have got another chance next season with a still strong squad that is starting to bed in. it''s time people woke up to where we are heading if the current atmosphere and attitude remains.

[/quote]

In all honesty A1, if any player really feels like that, then let them go.  I didn''t boo or cheer opposition goals against QPR but I understand why people did and quite frankly if the players and manager can''t understand why, then they should s*d off as you put it.  They have to be prepared to take the rough with the smooth and they are quite happy to accept the hero worship that comes their way.  It just so happens that at the moment they are having to work harder to earn the appreciation, and rightly so.  You point out that we have no "divine right" to go back up but I think that the manager and players are guilty of not remembering that at points this season as well. 

I have seen performances this season where the players appeared to believe that they merely had to turn up to win and sometimes it appeared that they did not turn up at all.  I have seen games with team selections that can only be described as bizarre at best, countless different players being "tried" at right midfield because we don''t have anyone to play there.  I have seen ludicrous substitutions and poor tactics with players that looked like they did not know what their role was.  I''m sorry but I cannot just be "blindly loyal" to the team because they are the team I support.  Where is my appreciation?  I have travelled close to 20,000 miles this season to get to home and away matches to witness what I have pointed out above and all I get is a hollow "thank you, best supporters in the world" from Delia.  Forgive me if expected a little bit more than what I have got this season because despite what Worthy says, 7th or 8th is not acceptable bearing in mid we never really challenged for the playoff places.

As for next season, if we start it with Worthy then he and the team get 10 games to prove to me things have got better and will receive no complaints from me in that time.  I don’t believe and hope anyone will want to start next season under a cloud of protests and bad atmosphere but Worthy and the team need a good start next time out.

IMO this extremely negative element has always been there at Carrow Road.  Go back and look at some of the anti-Worthy posts on here during the promotion season.  If there''s a single positive to take from QPR, it is that it''s been flushed out. 

I challenge you negaholics to make one single positive comment without a negative attached.  

Too painful?  Negativity is an addiction. I know, I''ve been there.  I tried to top myself.  Please try to change, and get help if you need it, or it will blight the rest of your life. You won''t regret it.   

The problem is Saint C is that the intentions whatever they may be have had dire side effects.For example not that many people kicked up a real fuss over the signing of Hughes in the summer and now people are slagging him off because he is a signing that Worthington has made that hasnt made an emediate impact.They have also booed players like Etuhu after one match at a new club. Green who has been a fantastic servent for this club replacing Marshal, and taking the expectancy with it and now if the rumours are correct he may be considering a move elsewhere.Some of our players have been through personal issues this season - MacKenzie''s divorce and Green split up with his girl of quite some time now. Players like that are looking to football and the fans for a lift - not verbal abuse.And as the point has been made here - the more vocal group of Worthington outers have been directing their jeers and chanting at all and sundry, not just Worthington. Some inaccurately at our supposed chairperson Delia who is actually the majority shareholder not the chairwoman. Others at players and more at other fans. ESPECIALLY THOSE ACTUALLY WANTING OUR TEAM TO LOOSE.I cant believe people even say that! I am in London and most football fans I have spoken to said to me that they were shocked and even appalled that a supposed "fan" of their club could want anything that extreme just to prove their point.I would agree that this behaviour is damaging our club to the point where it could damage us irreplably.

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]Like it or not "Getting off the fence" us "few" will eventually get what we want, and there is nothing you can do about it.[/quote]

I am sure you will - all amanagers go in the end. In the meantime, can you let us enjoy going to matches be it for just wednesday against Wolves or the next 5 years.

[quote user="chicken"]The problem is Saint C is that the intentions whatever they may be have had dire side effects.

For example not that many people kicked up a real fuss over the signing of Hughes in the summer and now people are slagging him off because he is a signing that Worthington has made that hasnt made an emediate impact.

They have also booed players like Etuhu after one match at a new club. Green who has been a fantastic servent for this club replacing Marshal, and taking the expectancy with it and now if the rumours are correct he may be considering a move elsewhere.

Some of our players have been through personal issues this season - MacKenzie''s divorce and Green split up with his girl of quite some time now. Players like that are looking to football and the fans for a lift - not verbal abuse.

And as the point has been made here - the more vocal group of Worthington outers have been directing their jeers and chanting at all and sundry, not just Worthington. Some inaccurately at our supposed chairperson Delia who is actually the majority shareholder not the chairwoman. Others at players and more at other fans. ESPECIALLY THOSE ACTUALLY WANTING OUR TEAM TO LOOSE.

I cant believe people even say that! I am in London and most football fans I have spoken to said to me that they were shocked and even appalled that a supposed "fan" of their club could want anything that extreme just to prove their point.

I would agree that this behaviour is damaging our club to the point where it could damage us irreplably.
[/quote]

I agree. I travel up from Kent for home games and where I work many have always played some complimentary remarks about Norwich and their fans. Now becuase of some antics that have made the press + the "helpful people" that call up 606/ Talk Sport etc all of this has changed. Now I get all sorts of questions about "how could fans do this," "I thought you were meant to support your own team" etc. Our reputation as fans is now on a parr with the likes of Wolves and West Ham.

I couldn''t agree more, whilst we have no divine right to be challenging for the premiership we have a right to expect our players to turn up for every game and in the five years Worthington has been in charge you could count the games where players have given their all for the ninety plus minutes they are playing.

After the failure of this season what were his comments on Saturday we worked hard something we haven''t done in every game still on about work ethic and nothing else.

I just hope those that are fed up with this season remembers who is responsible at the pre season friendlies. 

I must say Chicken that I disagree strongly that such behaviour is damaging the club irreparably. Firstly let me reiterate that I did not partake in nor condone or agree with booing of our players or cheering opposition goals. I was merely explaining how frustrated I feel and how I could understand why some chose those actions.

However you have to beg the question;
if the protests and fans voicing their displeasure’s has such a negative effect, why is that they have not lost at home since the protests started? If cheering opposition goals and chanting Worthy Out during the QPR match had such a negative effect on the players, how come they improved and came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2?

Surely if this was having the negative affect people like to claim, we would not have won six on the trot at home?

Unfortunately everybody has their breaking point and for some (not myself) this was reached against QPR.

[quote user="Loyal fan"]

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]Like it or not "Getting off the fence" us "few" will eventually get what we want, and there is nothing you can do about it.[/quote]

I am sure you will - all amanagers go in the end. In the meantime, can you let us enjoy going to matches be it for just wednesday against Wolves or the next 5 years.

[/quote]

5 years - you must be joking!!

[quote user="a1canary"]i just can''t imagine what it''s like playing at CR at the moment. i''ve never seen nor heard anything like it before anywhere. the players have said the same and i can only guess what it does for how they feel about playing there and for norwich generally. personally, if i was a player my attitude would be "s*d you then, i''m off to play for a club where the fans appreciate the players..."
yes, those who boo the players, the team, cheer the opposition''s goals etc can say it''s only directed at the manger but the fact is it''s not. that might be the intent but the effect is exactly the same as booing the players and blaming the players.

it seems to me that the team will have to win every game from start to finish next season to get CR back to how it was in our promotion season and i find that very depressing. the team is behind the manager, the board is behind the manager and he''s not going anywhere. we start next season with a clean slate, so i just pray the fans can unite behind the whole club next season. otherwise, we could be in for another season like this one, which will see players leaving, and only then might people see the manager leave, but at a terrible cost of having to rebuild on a shoestring, minus the parachute payments. and who will want to come and manage us then?

this season has been a write off, no question, but we had no divine right to come back up and we have got another chance next season with a still strong squad that is starting to bed in. it''s time people woke up to where we are heading if the current atmosphere and attitude remains.

[/quote]

OMG talk about make a mountain out of a mole hill.   The so called terrible atmosphere that you talk about at Carrow has only been at the last 4 or 5 home matches and only really been in the minority until the QPR game.   STOP PRESS people our season is over, the supposed WO brigade only started its protesting once our chances of the play offs were out of sight and well done them.  The first few protests were outside the ground not in it.  The QPR game has been the only real show of unrest inside the ground.  Yes there has been boo''ing of certain players (which I don''t agree with) all season, but from small sections of the ground.  The majority of fans have been giving there all to support the team all season, blind faith some might say.  

All this rubbish about fans appreciating players, do you really think Andy Hughes gives a flying wotsit when he looks at his bank balance?  Do you think he goes home and cries to his family that the nasty fans boo''ed him and he wants to leave and find a new club?  I can see from the mans character there is no way he does that, he tries his hardest God bless him to win the crowd back over.   If the crowd has been on his back all season long then I would have some sympathy for him, but they haven''t.  I think some people hear some fans in their area boo''ing or moaning about a player and automatically think the whole ground is doing it, there are 25,000 people in the ground not just the 20 or so around you that moan all season long.

We fans pay thousands of pounds to support this team and if we are unhappy with a poor season when our potential has not been met, then it is our right to voice our protests and may I add when our season is over, nothing to play for.  I have supported City all my life and always will do, but I agree with the Worthy Out chants because I can''t see him improving this team and I want someone else to have a crack at it.  If Worthy is still in charge next season I will be back to singing OTBC etc as I have done every match apart from the QPR one.   I am fed with all these do gooders making out the WO fans are causing poor performances and maybe causing players to leave - hahaha that''s the biggest load of tosh I have ever read on here.   If you think Andy Hughes leaving cos he gets boo''ed is bad then what do you think about Paul McVeigh having to prove his worth to Mr Worthington week in week out and fight for his contract?????   Utter nonsense.

STOP making mountains out of mole hills.  The season is over.  Let people air their frustrations now, it is their right to do so.  When the new season starts whoever is in charge the mighty Carrow Road faithfull and the fantastic travelling Yella and Green Army will be back in full voice.  If any players leave because the last few games have had a bad atmosphere and they don''t look at themselves and think about why has there been a bad atmosphere, then they don''t deserve to wear the City kit anyway and good riddance. 

[quote user="Loyal fan"]

[/quote] Are you happy with Worthy in charge then?? I hate the atmosphere and what is happeneing at the club at the moment but if Worthy was replaced or we saw serious improvements to the playing style, signings made, his media comments and results then the atmosphere will change and then fans will be happy!

"...can you let us enjoy going to matches be it for just wednesday against Wolves or the next 5 years."

If Worthington stays in post, it''ll be Championship football for the next 5 years, at least!

Worthy Out!

Haha! brilliance

"I am in London and most football fans I have spoken to said to me that they were shocked and even appalled that a supposed "fan" of their club could want anything that extreme just to prove their point."

As another "exile" - Essex - I have had to experience similar scorn from people about Nowich fans. It is made worse by the number of local ITFC fans that live locally.

The Worthy Out campaign had dragged our name through the mud, spoilt the game for many and FOR WHAT?

We all know the negatives of the campaign - anybody got any positives?

as usual that is hearsay.  Just becaused "some" people you know think Norwich''s name is being dragged through the mud you think it is okay to come on here and blame all the WO fans.

I sit next to a QPR fan at work and he doesn''t think Norwich are a laughing stock at all.  He can see why our fans are upset and has sympathy for us.   That doesn''t mean everyone feels the same, of course some people will think we are stupid, especially opposition fans.  It is a chance for opposition fans to get on our backs and make a bad season worse.

Think before you post majority based opinions just because one or two people say so.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

"I am in London and most football fans I have spoken to said to me that they were shocked and even appalled that a supposed "fan" of their club could want anything that extreme just to prove their point."

As another "exile" - Essex - I have had to experience similar scorn from people about Nowich fans. It is made worse by the number of local ITFC fans that live locally.

The Worthy Out campaign had dragged our name through the mud, spoilt the game for many and FOR WHAT?

We all know the negatives of the campaign - anybody got any positives?

[/quote]

Yeah, Mike Newell is available, and is a bright young positive manager.

The positives, Mr. Fence, are that the protests send a clear message to the relevant people, that many of us believe that it is wrong to just settle mindlessly for low expectations, to put up with any amount of expensive mediocrity, of clueless, ''not giving a damn performances''...

When the manager himself begins a season stating that anything less than playoffs would be a failure...and when the character and nature of that failure is then so depressing and inept as at times to be positively alarming...when even respected ex-players raise their concerns in the national press...when the manager admits after varous away performances that he doesn''t know what to do next...that he''s not talking to the players...that we need to spend more money on short-term patched up loan signings who then don''t even make the 16...when we are so bad as to be unable to hang onto a star centre-forward less than 6 months after he''s just signed a new contract... yeah, I think its right to have a say too...

So, ''Dragged our name through the mud''? That''s your impoverished interpretation of it...some of us think its a damn good job not everyone is happy to mindlessly clap as Andy Hughes slices another high ball into touch in the midst of the latest ''no show''...

[quote user="Silver Canary"]this will never stop till worthy goes - we deserve better and will make sure we get it! why should we be lumberd with the worst manager ever?[/quote]

how many managers can you remember, silver canary?

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]

[quote user="Silver Canary"]this will never stop till worthy goes - we deserve better and will make sure we get it! why should we be lumberd with the worst manager ever?[/quote]

how many managers can you remember, silver canary?

[/quote]

Many more than you I expect!.

Saint Canary:Two things really. One is that you have a selective memory in the sence that the protests boos etc have gone on a lot longer than 6 home games. I believe the meeting held as a result of the initial outbursts was at the tail end of last year.Secondly as so many people have booed and criticised Worthington have said its more about the way in which the football is played not the results.So please go ahead and contradict that. Just defeats more of the "out" arguments.When we loose "Its Worthington must go with half the team because their rubbish!" when we win its "Worthington must go because we dont paint pretty pictures with football like Ginola used to".Which is it to be people? This is what I mean. Everytime somebody in the middle of all this (not on either side) makes some intelligent remark it gets rubbished as an "excuse". Well pardon me for laughing but this has really become a joke!Bolton have been accused of not playing pretty football all season and I dont see many of their fans up in arms and Allardice is tipped for the England job.Now I am not saying that Worthington is as good as Allardice - only results can prove that. What I am saying is that there are two arguments that contradict each other and people are using both.

Who thinks it''d be interesting to see what this message board looks like this time next year if Worthy steers us towards a second automatic promotion?

I''m not saying it''s going to happen, but it could do (despite what some people think* of Nigel, he''s not an idiot) and peoples opinions on these message boards seem to change like the weather. The same people who are now calling Worthington the "worst manager in history" were singing his praises as one of the clubs best ever managers 2 years ago.

* I use the term loosely because not many people seem to, these days

[quote user="chicken"]Saint Canary:

Two things really. One is that you have a selective memory in the sence that the protests boos etc have gone on a lot longer than 6 home games. I believe the meeting held as a result of the initial outbursts was at the tail end of last year.

Secondly as so many people have booed and criticised Worthington have said its more about the way in which the football is played not the results.

So please go ahead and contradict that. Just defeats more of the "out" arguments.

When we loose "Its Worthington must go with half the team because their rubbish!" when we win its "Worthington must go because we dont paint pretty pictures with football like Ginola used to".

Which is it to be people? This is what I mean. Everytime somebody in the middle of all this (not on either side) makes some intelligent remark it gets rubbished as an "excuse". Well pardon me for laughing but this has really become a joke!

Bolton have been accused of not playing pretty football all season and I dont see many of their fans up in arms and Allardice is tipped for the England job.

Now I am not saying that Worthington is as good as Allardice - only results can prove that. What I am saying is that there are two arguments that contradict each other and people are using both.
[/quote]

What people are saying is a few scrappy wins when the season is over coupled with our worst no-shows in our most vital games of the season changes nothing.  People on here talk about an improvement in 2006 - Well its not much of one because we further away from the play offs than at christmas??

[quote user="chicken"]Saint Canary:

Two things really. One is that you have a selective memory in the sence that the protests boos etc have gone on a lot longer than 6 home games. I believe the meeting held as a result of the initial outbursts was at the tail end of last year.

Secondly as so many people have booed and criticised Worthington have said its more about the way in which the football is played not the results.

So please go ahead and contradict that. Just defeats more of the "out" arguments.

When we loose "Its Worthington must go with half the team because their rubbish!" when we win its "Worthington must go because we dont paint pretty pictures with football like Ginola used to".

Which is it to be people? This is what I mean. Everytime somebody in the middle of all this (not on either side) makes some intelligent remark it gets rubbished as an "excuse". Well pardon me for laughing but this has really become a joke!

Bolton have been accused of not playing pretty football all season and I dont see many of their fans up in arms and Allardice is tipped for the England job.

Now I am not saying that Worthington is as good as Allardice - only results can prove that. What I am saying is that there are two arguments that contradict each other and people are using both.
[/quote]

Chicken, considering you have been so vocal about posters "twisting" statements from the club to suit their own end I am a bit disappointed that you seem to have deliberately misinterpreted what I meant.  To clear it up though,  since the PRE-GAME protests have started, Norwich City have won 6 home games on the trot.  A meeting at St. Andrews Hall held by NCISA does not constitute a protest, it was a meeting to which the club were invited to attend.  I also don''t recall any great level of disaffection in the ground of that shown since the protests started.

Secondly you asked me to answer your statement about style over results.  I think again you have been very vocal about accusing Worthington about things he hasn''t even said, yet you have attributed the views of others onto myself, questioned that view and then ultimately asked me to defend myself against something that I neither agree with or ever said.  So I will decline to answer that thanks.