Sign in to follow this  
BedsCanary

New shirt?

It is simple but also very striking. Its 1000 times better than the current kit and the neck is far superior. I was always amazed that a celebrity fashion designer like Oldfield couldn''t come up with a better design than the previous home kits.

komakino wrote

Classic retro-minimal style looks good to me. As long as it''s a fitted style a la Tottenham and not our persistent use of over-sized kits that you could build a housing estate in, we could have our best kit since the Hummel era. Shame they won''t change the manager

Presumably a different fit would be available for the general supporter to squeeze into?

It''s superb. I would buy one tomorrow.[ip]

Proper colours, not cluttered up with stripes, stupid flashes under the arms or fancy collars, and the badge is in the right place. Unfortunately this means it hasn''t a chance.

You could make some and we could wear them instead of the ''designer'' rubbish they will come up with.

The home one looks dead tasty, as previously mentioned is does need something else however. The away proposal I''m not so sure of, needs to be red again I think. The green is cool but no wonder we rarely win in the thing, it''s the same colour as the pitch.....in retrospect Robinson couldn''t find a Norwich shirt if it was illuminous pink, so I doubt it''ll make any difference....

Good job on the Away shirt, I certainly think we should stick with the green perhaps a lighter colour though. People say the away dark green is jinxed but we won promotion with it so it more likely a case of we''ve been rubbish away. Does anyone have any fears or worst possible idea for what the away shirt might be...? Just so long as it isn''t pink I''ll be happy

[quote user="mystic megson"]

My only plea is for a shirt that first and foremost is for playing football in, not fans'' leisurewear.

[/quote]

Exactly....that is why the collar should stay. I really like it anyway.

[quote user="BedsCanary"]

Away shirt:

[IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ncfc2006/NorwichCityFootballClubAway2006Smal.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

Yes, and "EAT AT DELIA''S" in 5" letters - to be printed on the rear of the shorts...[:P]

Bit controversial I know, but of the mock up, the only difference I''d suggest is the centreing of the Club logo, quite like them in the centre...

A Man Yoo fan in my office quite likes the mock-up, stating that it looks smart... guess it''s about time he saw a decent and honest kit for once... 

Im loving those kits! now that we know flybe are the sponsor then we must use this kits, they would be perfect. They are simple but smart and theres no annoying fancy business

Those kits are lush Beds.  You just know that Oldfield will have been paid thousands to produce some abomination!  I''ve always fancied a black away kit myself.  Could you knock one up so I could see how it looked?  Don''t worry if that is major hassle

Yeah, I love the simplicity of them - would be smartest kits in England - how can we influence the merchandising team. I am certain we would sell more of them than the recent replicas.

I like the away kit too but I think we need to change the colour. The green one does seem to have been bad luck and it sounds like the players too will be glad to see the back of it. It''s a shame because I think its a classy and stylish colour but the stats when we''ve worn it speak for themselves!

Ok, so I tried doing a black one, but bodged it up big style. I managed to do this white + black one though - gave it a few swishes and swirls because I think they''re more appropriate for away kits.

[IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ncfc2006/NorwichCityFootballClub3rd2006PinkU.jpg[/IMG]

[quote]I''ve always fancied a black away kit myself.  Could you knock one up so I could see how it looked[/quote]Firstly full credit to Beds for making the shirt I simply changed the colour to black. I quite like it but not sure[img]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9274/blackshirt1qy.jpg[/img]

[quote user="BedsCanary"]

[IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ncfc2006/ncfc5560.jpg[/IMG]

What do you think?

[/quote]

I must say it was an excellent design because: (1) you can take a look of the World Cup team''s shirt, the trend was all the shirts was in retro style! This one matched the trend (2) Yellow and Green was there, we liked it!

Hope the club will see this comment and use this design.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote]I''ve always fancied a black away kit myself.  Could you knock one up so I could see how it looked[/quote]

Firstly full credit to Beds for making the shirt I simply changed the colour to black. I quite like it but not sure

[img]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9274/blackshirt1qy.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Thank you to Beds and UEA.  I think that black kit is lush!  I''d definitely buy that

[quote user="Alan Tompkins"]Horrible.To retro.The first Proton shirt is the best shirt we''ve ever had so I''d like to see a variation on that one.[/quote]

Hmm, I think "retro design" is a trend mate.

[quote user="BedsCanary"][IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ncfc2006/NorwichCityFootballClub3rd2006PinkU.jpg[/IMG][/quote]This has to be made! A brilliant design which would look a lot better than Flybe [:D]. Anyone know a way of making a limited run of these for the pinkun and posters?! It would be quite nice as a warm up or training kit.