Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

To all my fellow posters

I know there have been like a million "we''ve done it posts" but I wanted to make one for all my fellow posters. A massive thank you for making this board the BEST sporting message board on the net. It''s been a fantastic few months for me since I''ve joined and I''ve enjoyed it massively. Thank you for making the promotion year a happier one for me.

Cheers DD

You''ve beaten me to it DD! Was about to post something similar so i''ll just add to yours instead!
It has indeed been a real laugh on here this season, the board has really come of age and we''ve had some great debates! I''ve often thought about what i would come on here and say if we made it and now we have i''m kinda lost for words! Still can''t quite beleive it.

We can''t sing e-i-e-i-e-i-o any more either! Unless we change it to:

Up the football league we went
When we won promotion
This is what we sang...

DD..It has been great, and we will most probably be posting this time next year. Whats your prediction this time next year? Im going to phone William Hill and put £100 on that they will stay up.

Whilst I''m ''over the moon'' regarding City''s superb achiement, it is also tinged with a bitter edge. Mrs Wiz undergoes serious stomach surgery, tomorrow at the James Paget Hospital.

It is therefore, very hard for me to ''go mental'' at the moment, as my mind is elsewhere. However, at least she was with me when Nigel and the lads done it!.

Until I hear the news that the operation has gone well, please understand my absence from these boards. Onwards and upwards yes?.

PS. A temporary position for a cook now exsists, as being a typical man, I''m bloody useless at it!, lol.

We can still sing it!

"When we win the title
This is what we''ll sing
We are Norwich
Super Norwich
Worthy is our King!"

The season isn''t over, there''s still the title to fight for. And although that''s second to getting promotion, its still a big deal given that we''ve been top since, erm... when was it Joe?

Ama

i can easily be changed..... e i e i e i o, up the PREMIER LEAGUE we go........
and also with follow, follow, follow.......... we play in yellow and green...........best team and it''s off to EUROPE we go!

Good post DD really enjoyed reading and taking part in posts on this board which incidently is the best,altho i feel at time some posters are a little pc as regards critisms of certain players
but hey thats what its all about.There have been some "Legendary Threads " this year,my personal favourites are Cheeseboard how surreal is that,and Things we dont see Anymore.With more people joining,the close season and next year should be really interesting
and after the feel good factor evaporates the moaners will be back !

Wiz, I believe that a lot of people trust in Delia''s ''How to Cook'' series. You could start with boiling an egg properly! Seriously, I''m sure all the posters on here will be thinking of you and your nearest & dearest tomorrow. Good luck with things, and hope you are both back to normal really soon.

I would agree that this is the best of the boards. As for the "moaners" coming back once the euphoria has gone away...maybe some of us are just a tad more circumspect than others :-0]

Just re read my post and want to quantify "moaners". I can accept any reasoned point of view or argument what i struggle with is He''s cr*p nothing to back the statement.

Yeah this year has been a fine year fellow posters.

As me and a few others predicted when we were all up in arms over the purchase of a certain Mr Huckerby,we turned round and said it''s now or never so take a chance.

The chance has been taken in some style!!

Snake Pit Rebel, you had nothing to do with the signing of Mr. Huckerby other than to express an opinion in favour of it. Let the subject rest.

Don''t be such a killjoy yankee, if everyone thought that public opinion could not influence certain sequences of events then we''d all be mindless drones, thinking and behaving in exactly the same way and never wanting to change anything. The reason Norwich City is such a fantastic club is that it actually listens to the opinions and concerns of its fans, they''re not some faceless conglomerate. So I actually believe that Snake and the rest of them on here maybe did have some sort of influence in the Huckerby saga. Even if they didn''t we''re all on a bit of a high over here in glorious sun-drenched Norfolk, don''t burst our bubble.

yankee

why don''t you let it rest, delia said herself, she was doing it for the fans, so did hucks - both mentioned the input of fans - no, not ONE particular person persuaded him, it was a combination of us, worthy, his family of course, and the rest of the team, so let snake pit and all of us who pleaded for months that THIS MAN WOULD GET US PROMOTION have our moments of glory, we took a lot of stick from the likes of you, it is over now mate, we are up and hucks did it for us, nothing or no one will convince me otherwise

the few nights before he signed, all the norwich message boards were packed with hundreds of people pleading for hucks to sign, the local papers put on the pressure, particularly mr waghorn.

The fans of this club are extra special, we got rid of you know who, and we could all see what an impact hucks made, some of us were more cautious, some of us wanted to go for it, that is opinion, yankee, the fact is hucks wanted to play for our club, he fell in love with the place and all of us, and no, his form didn''t sink did it (as was widely predicted), he went on to score and set up many vital goals and we did it, all of us!

snake pit rebel, don''t it taste good mate!!!!

Thanks for the back up-morty and gazzathegreat.

Not to sure what Yankee Canary''s problem is and i did''nt post for an arguement i just mearly stated that through all the flack that we recieved over being positive we have now recieved our just rewards.

PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL!!

Your right gazza it taste''s real good mate..

Are you meeting up before the Preston game?

It was ME! actually, that convinced Mr Huckerby to sign for NCFC. I was in the City one day and he stopped me in Gentlemans Walk and said, "Excuse me mate, do you think I should sign for the Canaries"? I said, "Look fellah, I don''t know you from Adam, but your hairstyle is in definite need of a modification, it looks soooo NAFF!" he retorted, "Least I have hair you baldy to**er"! "Now look here you peroxide riddled individual"! I replied, "No need to be rude and obnoxious, I was just ''highlighting'' the fact that you are in possession of a ''dodgy'' bouffant"! "Ok, Ok," he said, "let''s just start again" "Do I commit myself to NCFC or return to MADchester and the subs bench"?

"Hmmmh" I thought, it''s a difficult one this. "May I suggest, that you look at West Brom and see what they can offer you". Then it dawned on me! "Sorry, sorry, very sorry mate", "I wasn''t thinking!". "I accept that you are physically and emotionally attached to your follicles but I may have the very answer"!. I then pointed him in the direction of the wonderful hairstylist that is ''Toni & Guy'' "Cheers baldy bloke"! he shouted, as he disappeared in a cloud of dust towards the suggested local celebrity attended, coiffure and human topiary studio. Well, off to the market for a bacon butty & mug of tea I trundled. I did my shopping and was making my exit out off our fine city centre, when suddenly, the ''fellah'' who was indecisive about his footballing future appeared in front off me, "Hey Slaphead"! he said "What do you think of my Barnet"? There before me, stood the human equivalent of ''sonic the hedgehog'' [but 10 times faster] "yeah mate, it looks great", I replied, [with my fingers tightly crossed behind my back and my tongue thrust firmly against the inside of my right cheek] "Toni & Guy, have certainly produced a visually stunning masterpiece there, its just so magnificent"!. He was really chuffed, excited and really made up, quickly a huge satisfied smile enveloped his face. "But Mr Footieballer there is a slight problem"! his smile then faded "What problems that"? he muttered, "well it''s just that this particular popular hairstylist type of establishment, is the only one in the UK.... possibly the universe!.. plus your original and unique bleached ''spikey'' style, will only be copied and acceptable in the grand Old County of Norfolk". Then his eye''s narrowed and a strong determined look appeared on his chiselled and square jawed face. "Well that''s it then"! he answered "my hair is my inner strength and therefore must be regularly maintained and nurtured to ensure I keep on top of my game! so Mighty Norwich City here I come"!!! And the rest is history.......

Yes everybody [including you yankee]! it was all down to me, its a true story nothing to do with the Fans, Board or our Delia & Michael W.J. .... it was ME! ME! ME! ME!.......OTBC

I''d just like to thank snake pit rebel and all the posters for helping Hucks stay. Fans are important, thats why we have our own squad number (I think we should ask Nigel if we can have the number 9 jersy next season). I remeber how instrumental i was in getting Mullers to stay. It was my twentieth b-day and i was pissed as a newt in Norwegian Blue and saw Mullers, Iwan, Clint and the Notman and I pleaded with Mullers to stay as did the other city lads. I especially told him not to go to the scum who he was linked with. And he stayed. I''m not saying i did it my myself but it takes us all working individually and as a team to keep city flying high so keep up the good work.

p.s. remember Mullers was our best player at the time (and i still love him)

snake pit rebel

with regards to the meet up b4 the preston game, is this a confirmed time and venue, i have read the post at the top of the page, but it is too confusing and i am not sure what everyone is doing

i and my good mate rainbowchaser (who has to travel up from worthing) always meet up b4 the game, but if any of you are in a particular pub we could meet you there, we meet in the compleat angler, mainly cos i live really near it!!

please let me know what is happening, i am afraid due to me only having dial up internet when this board is really busy i cannot get on it so some things are not easy to keep up with!!!