Sign in to follow this  
Trickydicky

let's show the wolves fans

Coming as I do from the Black country I know there are lots of Wolves fans coming next Sunday, many stayng over for the Bank Holiday in Gt. Yarmouth etc. They pride themselves on the ''atmosphere'' at Molineaux, but in reality it can be dead, and then whee they score the steel structure of the ground amplifies the sound, and for a few minutes it can be quite intimdating(hence when we lost two goals in the last 5 minutes there a few years ago to throw away a good lead).

they are very fickle though and I recall a couple of years ago in the Premiership I was working nearby when they wen t 3 -0 down to leiscester by half time. the ground veirtualy empties, only for most of these fans to miss a great comeback in the 2nd half for a 3-3 draw.

Well, what I would like is on Sunday for us to unite behind the team, show them what a real atmosphere is and give them a good thrashing to climb above them into 7th place. Please, please, let''s not have any of the antics that went on against QPR.

Whilst I am sympathetic to to your intentions, Tricky, you must realise that support given to the team willl be construed as support for Worthington. We already have some posters indicating that they think "we have turned the corner," rallying around behind the team will convince many more - especially if the atmosphere prompts us to play well. Worthington has been very lucky - a run of easy home games (a "wobbling" Sheff U, perhaps, excepted) and a final game against the hated Wolves. Nevertheless, we cannot afford to let up in our efforts.

What will increase the chances of getting rid of Worthington - a rousing victory with the crowd all behind the team or a repeat of some of the scorn that we dished out at QPR. The answer is obvious and so is the route that we must take. The difference this time is we must do it right from the start and not let events on the pitch influence our actions.

Loyal Fan

Your logic makes no sense. The message has already gone through to the board. If you can''t support Norwich because you fear it''ll mean it says you support Worthington then don''t bother going to Carrow Road, or if you insist on going, sit in silence. Booing and jeering doesn''t help the team one bit. And qiute frankly makes other sections of the crowd want to come over and box your ears!

Worthington will get sacked if things go badly next season. Why can''t people get that point into their heads? It''s just going to be stupid if people continously make the atmosphere at Carrow Road poisonous next season with us say in the top 6 but with sections of the crowd still believing we can''t possibly go up with Worthington in charge!  If after every poor game a small section of ''johnny come latelys'' throw their toys out of the pram and go and protest - what''s the point?! If we lose 5 on the trot and are in mid table then yes - but not after you''ve just won 6 homes games in a row! 

And you can all moan that Worthington will waste money in the summer - but why should he? So many of you have short memories! Yes, he bought duff last summer, but that doesn''t automatically mean he will this summer. It depends on how much money we have. A £3 million + transfer kitty and we can get 3 quality players in, not a bunch of bosmans.

Lets try and be positive and optimistic for a change? We''ve got no other choice - Worthington won''t be sacked at the end of this season. So lets get behind the team and see what happens. 

And just before you accuse me of anything - all I care about is whether Norwich win or not. I don''t care who the manager is. If we lose, he''ll get sacked, if we''re winning I''m happy. And if we''re playing well, well that''s a bonus.  

[quote user="Loyal fan"]

Whilst I am sympathetic to to your intentions, Tricky, you must realise that support given to the team willl be construed as support for Worthington. We already have some posters indicating that they think "we have turned the corner," rallying around behind the team will convince many more - especially if the atmosphere prompts us to play well. Worthington has been very lucky - a run of easy home games (a "wobbling" Sheff U, perhaps, excepted) and a final game against the hated Wolves. Nevertheless, we cannot afford to let up in our efforts.

What will increase the chances of getting rid of Worthington - a rousing victory with the crowd all behind the team or a repeat of some of the scorn that we dished out at QPR. The answer is obvious and so is the route that we must take. The difference this time is we must do it right from the start and not let events on the pitch influence our actions.

[/quote]

I''m sorry, but imo it would be better if you either just did not turn up or stayed outside rather than ruin things for those who have spent hard-earned money and just want to happen watch and enjoy a football match. Why impose your thoughts on the rest of us inside the ground?  If you are in the majority as you feel, a swathe of empty seats would be a much better way to let people know your feelings.

I love going to games and it takes me 6 hours of travelling to get to and from Norwich, and I see no reason why my intention to watch a game should be ruined by people''s negativity whilst the game is going on: indeed, it is this which will turn me and many others away from continuing to go rather than what is happening on the pitch.

I quite agree, Branston. If those fans who think they are such a majority don''t want to come and express their support for the team, then they are spoiling it for the others - they would be better to stay away.

Clearly next year is make or break, and having not done so well this year, Worthy will I am sure be given this one more chance.

the Board will decide and the fans are wasting their time and spoiling it for others with their kindergarten behaviour which does their cause -- and the team -- no good at all.

it really anoys me all the things like this - it is like u have given up or forgotten what we have beenn threw this year!!!

if we do''nt get rid of worthy it will be the same again - so we should do it even if it spoils the enjoyment of the KTFers. they will be happy when we get a good manger and get promoted again!!

worthy out!!!!

"So we should do it even if it spoils the enjoyment of the KTFers."

Can anybody explain to me why you have the right to spoil our enjoyment - and please don''t say its only Silver Canary becuase others have said the same to me in posts.

The Worthy Out campaign seem to feel that they have the right to spoil the leasure of the majority of fans that don''t support them. Why can''t you just go back to your protests where a handful turn up and to fiddling your petitions (sorry poll - sic)!

Is it better to protest on sunday and wipe the slate clean come next season when as usual august springs hope eternal or keep sunday nice and let there be bad feeling at the start of next year?

Not the only two choices I know but I know which I would prefer, as Sundays game means nowt either way.

Dont give the Board the satisfaction of thinking everything is fine , protest against the manager all match , as for staying away why dont you ktf mob try it maybe Worthless will join you then the happy days would really be back .

poirot :  how can you call me a johnny come lately''s  as i have been going to carrow rd for over 40 years . think  time for worthy to go. no way will he be givin £ 3 million to spend. only players he will bring will be frees or some 1 about £100,000

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]If getting behind the team was left to you ktf lot they would play to a silent ground week in week out . You cannot even sing up for the manager you all love so much  ....[/quote]

Don''t be daft. There are as many ardent KTFers as there are WOers - probably the 70-100 who join in the protests. The rest of the ground just follow in the moment.

1 & 2-0 down vs QPR and the "WOers" suddenley start singing for Worthy out.

When Huckerby got one back, everyone started singing for the team again - and look what happened. It''s exasperating.

Good post Tic Tac - the KTF''s are good at whinging but not too good at supporting their beloved Nigel.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Loyal fan"]

[/quote]

I''m sorry, but imo it would be better if you either just did not turn up or stayed outside rather than ruin things for those who have spent hard-earned money and just want to happen watch and enjoy a football match. Why impose your thoughts on the rest of us inside the ground?  If you are in the majority as you feel, a swathe of empty seats would be a much better way to let people know your feelings.

I love going to games and it takes me 6 hours of travelling to get to and from Norwich, and I see no reason why my intention to watch a game should be ruined by people''s negativity whilst the game is going on: indeed, it is this which will turn me and many others away from continuing to go rather than what is happening on the pitch.

[/quote]

i''m with you on this one BP. Listening to band(wagon) full tilt is becoming tedious. I''ve probably witnessed as many (if not more) poor performances than many on here , and wouldn''t be too disappointed to see Worthy go and take some of his signings with him but QPR was an appalling display by some "fans" and was proof that Norfolk has more idiots than villages. 

I want Worthington replaced, but the point has already been made this season through protests, meetings, letters with seaon ticket renewals, EEN articles, radio phone ins, chanting and on the web etc.

Lets'' at least go out on a positive note. One full ground for the final game of the season against hated opposition, lets rouse the team for a final 90 minutes and a finish in 7th. Not where we wanted to be but a surprising achievement considering how poor we have been, how the atmosphere in the ground has changed, and how bad our midfield is (just reinforces the feeling of frustration that we should definitely have been up there competing at the top).

But win or lose on Sunday isn''t going to make any difference. As I say, the point has been made, the evidence is there, the Board probably already have decided what to do (whether its sack him, retain him or give him 15 games next time).

The Wolves fans are a particularly ungenerous and ungracious lot, lets not rub our own faces into the dirt and let them laugh at our infighting.

All KTF want to talk about are the WO`s

They Don`t want to talk about the "merits" of Worthy because they know they are on shaky ground.

Mr silent majority chirps up again , support your manager trickydick shout those boo boys down , no thought not you sing at a match bit like Worthless getting his tactics right eh ?

"i''m with you on this one BP. Listening to band(wagon) full tilt is becoming tedious. I''ve probably witnessed as many (if not more) poor performances than many on here , and wouldn''t be too disappointed to see Worthy go and take some of his signings with him but QPR was an appalling display by some "fans" and was proof that Norfolk has more idiots than villages. "

Spot on - the Worthy Out campaign finall reached rock bottom (and kept digging). Let''s try to enjoy a match without the the sounds of fans booing their own players.

(I have heard, however, that the WO will be quiet of Sunday because they are all getting together to forge as many signatures as possible for the petition!!)

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

"So we should do it even if it spoils the enjoyment of the KTFers."

Can anybody explain to me why you have the right to spoil our enjoyment - and please don''t say its only Silver Canary becuase others have said the same to me in posts.

The Worthy Out campaign seem to feel that they have the right to spoil the leasure of the majority of fans that don''t support them. Why can''t you just go back to your protests where a handful turn up and to fiddling your petitions (sorry poll - sic)!

[/quote] Maybe because the KTF''ers seem a bit short sighted and gutless when it comes to the good of the club. They seem happy to just let things saunter along as long as everything stays harmonious and there is a nice friendly atmosphere to go and watch a kick around on a saturday afternoon. I don''t want to deliberately spoil your enjoyment but on the other hand why should we stop our protests because a few fans think Worthy is a good manager due to past glories??

I don''t think things should just be ignored, - I just think we shoudl get behind the club, and the antics of those who are sabotaging and destroying the confidence of our players thorugh their match day bahaviour should be challenged.

I am also with those who say let''s get behind the team now,  accpet the decisions the Board have made(whether you like it or not) give the new season at least 10 games or so,  and then look at where we are then.

If we have a bad - or even mediocre - start then i think there woudl be an overwhelming acceptance(probably by the Board as well) that enough is enough, and that it is the time for change. If through new summersigning and a much better start Worthy can be seen to continue the recent turn-round then hopefully also the WOs will accept we need to get behind him. In the mean time does it not make sense to accept our differances, but for the sake of the club we all love to perhaps follow this course - call it a truce if you like.

Cool [H]

Let me get this out the way first, I want to see a new manager in place next season.

But if we call ourselves supporters surely we should support our team reguardless of who the manager is? It''s not the players fault that the manager is completely useless is it?

I say suuport your team throughout the game, and make your protests about the manager after it.

Then wipe the slate clean and start next season with fresh hope, and hopefully a new manager.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]Maybe you could use the 90 minutes on Sunday more constructively. Like going to an English class?[/quote]

[:D] I can''t see Silver Canary getting good English GCSE results!

I would not have a problem with supporting the team on Sunday were it not for the fact that it will be used and spun by the club and those in the media as being a sign of "togetherness" and support for Worthington that i for one am not prepared to give. Come August i will be back supporting the team in their efforts but for now I wish to labour my point. I do not see why it should spoil the enjoyment for anyone else - as someone has already commented if the "majority" (as you seem to keep stressing that you are) support the manager then it should not have much impact on the manangment should it. The anger at QPR was not the Worthy Out website brigade that was several thousand of City''s most vocal and loyal fans making it clear they have had enough!