Sign in to follow this  
Trickydicky

Time for the silent majority to speak up

Having silently listened to much of the garbage dealt out by the WO brigade these last few months I decided enough is enough and it is time to redress the balance.

I am far from convinced that there is anything like a genuine majority wanting to see the sacking of worthy at this stage, and the phrase ''silent majority'' comes to mind, those who actually might disagree with the rabble rousers, and do not see the need for such infantile protests as recently witnesed. there are those who actually want to support the club not sabotage it!

Whilst we accept that this season has not been what we would have liked, one has to look at the whole picture and Worthy has brought us some tremendous achievements and excitement in the post-Chase era, which before he took over seemed very far away.  What is more, I do not beleive he is finished yet, and am glad the Board have not been weak enough to be intimidated by what I believe is the minority. Drury, McKenzie, Ashton,. Earnshaw, Crouch Huckerby, Francis among others have been inspired value for money Worthy signings, and others are coming into their own including Doherty. If the football is really so bad why have attendances gone up so much during the Worthy era, enabling the club to make ambitoius strides forward in the ground and player signings? Why are we the best supported team in the Championship? Have we been a little spoilt, or have some of the new fans in recent years built up unrealistic expectations?  I have been a supporter for over 40 years, and believe on balance the teams under Worthy have made fair comparisons with those of John bond, Ron Saunders, Mike Walker etc. Whilst it was disappointing to get relegated and not get straight back the majority of teams who have got promoted do just the same, and the Premiership is at a higher standard than it has ever been with the best players in the World on it''s stage. To be part of this last season was in itself a great adventure, one we nearly managed to hang onto for another year, and one I believe - if we get of Worthy''s back we could pull off again! 

If anyone has had their day it is the Worthy Outers, and it is time they accepted that. the message has been got across, their concerns have been expressed and are now just very boring! 

Let''s finish the season on a good note on Sunday,  and work together. to encourage the whole team for next year.

Worthy Outers we''ve heard enough, now may the silent majority speak up. 

Music [8]Music [8]Music [8]Sleep [|-)]

Fair challenge tricky - as delia herself has been known to say ''letsbe avenue''

Why have we had our day ? because the clown got a win at Cardiff , get real more people want him out than in and thats whats getting up your nose . As for calling people who want him out rabble , well maybe that says more about you than it does us . Do we need people like you at Carrow Road ? no sod off with Worthington.

To be honest mate, i think you''ve summed up the way the majority of all Norwich fans feel. Even the most die hard of KTF''ers have no doubt at some point this season, thought, Just where the hell are we going., myself included. At times, the quality of football has been at it''s lowest iv''e seen in many a year, and the confidance of players was obvious for all to see, rock bottom. It''s difficult to put a finger on exactly where things have gone wrong, and yes new players haven''t bedded in as quickly as hoped and  injuries have played a big part, forcing players to be played out of position. However, this does not excuse some of the baffeling tactical descisions and excuses from both Manager and members of the board.

As you say, things have moved progressivly upwards since the dark old days, when i did think that the situation did need demonstrating upon, (followed by a public hanging), and i think, i''m sure like many others, that the ''New'', supporters were either not around in those dark ol'' days, or they''ve got bloody short memories. After all, statistics prove that relegated teams rarely go straight back up at the first attempt. Unfortunately, i think this year would have been a perfect oppotunity to go straight back up, as it wasn''t exactly the strongest division i can remember.

The most disapointing point for me this season, is not the way things have gone on, on and off the pitch, but by the way us supporters have behaved towards the team. Players have always had stick from supporters, but not the vicious and humiliating way they have this season. From stupid *ucking stories on message boards, to nothing but out and out attacks on individuals when wearing the yellow and green. Do they really think this will improve and help their game? This is not what we are known for, and i hope that perhaps another season in this division may shake off a few of the brain dead types. So, going by this season, every time we finish outside the top 6, i take it we should be demonstrating outsde FCR, and calling for the managers head? After all, in all our 100+ years, there hasn''t been too many occasions when we''ve set the world of football alight.

I realise that most of these points have been made before, and once again going over old ground, but don''t get chance to view these boards that often.  Unfortunately, i work most of the time in Trinidad, so although a season ticket holder, i have had to watch many of the games via BBC text via a very slow 3g connection and would have given my right arm to have been more than i have. So please, for next season, whoever is in charge, call a truce and get behing the club. After all, you can always go back to supporting Chelsea, Man U., Liv...........

Singing the Norwich City Calypso!

the best thing for us to do is to try not to be too confrontational. lets stop making this a two-sided battle amongst the fans.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]the best thing for us to do is to try not to be too confrontational. lets stop making this a two-sided battle amongst the fans.[/quote]

Ignore the troll!

I am afraid that dealing out garbage is not the sole domain of the WO brigade, as evidenced by your post. According to you people who want WO are a minority, it did not sound like that at the QPR game. Are you really saying that 24,000+ people have been intimidated to the point of not daring to sing at home games, have you been to home games recently, its like a morgue, that is the "silent majority" expressing their unhappiness.

Both sides of the arguement have had their day, I am as tired of the "KTF" as I am the "WO"

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]

Why have we had our day ? because the clown got a win at Cardiff , get real more people want him out than in and thats whats getting up your nose . As for calling people who want him out rabble , well maybe that says more about you than it does us . Do we need people like you at Carrow Road ? no sod off with Worthington.

[/quote]

It''s interesting that you dismiss the victory at Cardiff so easily. Would you have done the same if we''d lost? I doubt it.

[quote]Ignore the troll![/quote]Stooping to his level is not helping Wiz and makes you no better than him![quote]lets stop making this a two-sided battle amongst the fans.[/quote]I totally agree, its about time we realised we shouldn''t be fighting amongest ourselves and started to accept differences of opinion whether we are Worthy Outers, Fence sitting or Keep the Faith.Personally for myself the past 2 seasons have been poor overall but looking at things logically we will not be able to remove worthy now, it probably should have been done a long time ago, if results are not improving come the start of next season we really must consider Norwichs future and find a new manager. To everyone planning to boo this sunday, don''t bother it won''t make any difference now, lets try and enjoy the game and really encourage the team to kick wolves arse and end the season on a high.

I''m with you on this one Tricky Dicky - Sure Worthy has made mistakes in the past but what manager has''nt.  I am sure there is not one manager in the league whose every signing has been perfection.  The trouble is that some Norwich supporters are blind to the fact that there are a number of teams in this league with us.  These teams are all harbouring the same sort of ambition as ourselves in trying to get to the Premiership.  They are not going to roll over and die just because they are playing Norwich whom some fans feel have some sort of divine right to be in the Premiership.  Most teams when they get relegated struggle to find their feet again and this is exactly what happened to us.  If those fans cannot bear the fact that we are not the be all and end all and are highly disatisfied with the the quality of football or the tactics or whatever it may be then why do they bother in going.  You will always get the militant fraction who like to jump on a bandwagon and cause unrest in all walks of life and this unfortunately is what we are getting now.  Some of the fans signatory blocks at the end of their posts prior to the season beginning was ''Championship Champions 05/06'' and there lies the problem.  I read these and just said to myself that these fans are heading for a big fall as they were just taking it for granted we would be promoted.  No doubt the WO''s will rip this posting to shreds but hey the truth does hurt doesent it.

[quote user="NavMan"]I''m with you on this one Tricky Dicky - Sure Worthy has made mistakes in the past but what manager has''nt.  I am sure there is not one manager in the league whose every signing has been perfection.  The trouble is that some Norwich supporters are blind to the fact that there are a number of teams in this league with us.  These teams are all harbouring the same sort of ambition as ourselves in trying to get to the Premiership.  They are not going to roll over and die just because they are playing Norwich whom some fans feel have some sort of divine right to be in the Premiership.  Most teams when they get relegated struggle to find their feet again and this is exactly what happened to us.  If those fans cannot bear the fact that we are not the be all and end all and are highly disatisfied with the the quality of football or the tactics or whatever it may be then why do they bother in going.  You will always get the militant fraction who like to jump on a bandwagon and cause unrest in all walks of life and this unfortunately is what we are getting now.  Some of the fans signatory blocks at the end of their posts prior to the season beginning was ''Championship Champions 05/06'' and there lies the problem.  I read these and just said to myself that these fans are heading for a big fall as they were just taking it for granted we would be promoted.  No doubt the WO''s will rip this posting to shreds but hey the truth does hurt doesent it.[/quote]

the truth states

A morroccan international Midfielder

A endland international Goalkeeper

A Ireland international Defender

Darren Huckerby - a player of teh season at this level

Dean Aston - 20 goals in half a season at this level

plus a decent squad around them (new signings apart)

Cant defend a set peice and never got even close to the play-offs.......

Yes, yes - we all know that we have a talented squad that has badly underperformed this season, but are we alone with that?  Do you really think Villa are happy with their season?  How about Man City?  Everton?  The season started so promisingly for Everton, back in Europe, having fininshed fourth the previous season.  Their squad for this season is much better than that of last season, yet they will now struggle to finish in the top half of the Premiership this season and crashed out of both European competitions at the first hurdle.  Yet most people I know think David Moyes is a great manager! 

Do I think we need a new manager?  Probably, yes - but until someone can convince me who will do a better job (realistic suggestions, bearing in mind our true standing in the football world) I guess I''m happy to stick with what we''ve got.  The real mistake for me isn''t sticking with Worthy now, it was appointing him in the first place!

Temp the rev* and Tricky, well said both of you.  Did you read in the EDP that Martin Peters is back in Norwich to sign his autobiography.  Great player that at 62 years has had some valuable experience gained in the beautiful game.  He say''s that he loved Norwich city and when he left he hoped that he would be offered a job coaching the lads.  Now then Nigel if you wan''t a "football" coach that can have the respect of the young lads at the drop of a hat, you could do much worse than get to see him and sound him out for a job with us.  There''s no one else out there that can come near his record in the football world, thus he could have the whole of the NCFC playing staff hanging on his every word.  OTBC!!!!

Tricky,

You put forward some controversial views but good on you for that.

The main point is on this ''silent majority'' thing. Personally I have felt for a long time now that something like 65% - 70% want a change in management team. This is a gut feeling but nothing more scientific. I spoke to Chris Wise about this at the public meeting and (then) he speculated that it may be even more than that. The Board, like you, cling to this ''silent majority'' straw. But, just because you are ''silent'', why do you seem to then conclude that these fans are, therefore, Worthy IN supporters?

I give you one example. My friend is 49 years old. I have gone to home matches with him since we were at school, we both have season tickets. He is perhaps typical of the majority of season ticket holders at FCR in that :

• He does NOT go to AGM''s
  • He does NOT go to fans forums or public meetings
  • He does NOT ring up Canary Call
  • He does NOT write messages on sites like this or write to the local rags, pink un etc.
  • He does NOT stand up and sing ''We want Worthy Out''

In summary you could not meet a more objective, balanced and laid back individual than him (IMO). However, if anything I would say that his views are now more anti Worthy than mine and he genuinely feels that the guy has gone past his sell by date.  

I agree with you that all fans need to pull together and it is greatly distressing that the fans are in almost open civil war on the Worthy issue but I honestly feel the Worthy Out camp hold a (considerable) majority.  

.....because the clown got a win at Cardiff .....

Thats excatly the sort of remark that I find deeply offensive and whilst I have had some sympathy with the WO at cause at times, this sort of comment is making me think again. I do not want to be associated with any group of so called Norwich Fans that care to use that sort of language. I''m off, initially to the Silent Majority, to wait and see how the start of next season goes, and I''m now prepared to give Worthy 8 games to get us off to a better start and if we are there or thereabouts, great, but if we are struggling again, then we must look for a new man then, but not before.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

.....because the clown got a win at Cardiff .....

Thats excatly the sort of remark that I find deeply offensive and whilst I have had some sympathy with the WO at cause at times, this sort of comment is making me think again. I do not want to be associated with any group of so called Norwich Fans that care to use that sort of language. I''m off, initially to the Silent Majority, to wait and see how the start of next season goes, and I''m now prepared to give Worthy 8 games to get us off to a better start and if we are there or thereabouts, great, but if we are struggling again, then we must look for a new man then, but not before.

[/quote]

That is all well and good, and unfortunatly probably what is going to happen.  However if we are 9th/10th after 10 games what would your opinion be then??  Is this considered good enough? Does this count as struggling?  If we are 16th 17th then we have probably blown our chance all together...

Is that considered good enough by the board to reaccess at christmas? or do we try and find a new manager then?? 10 games is never the greatest time to pick up a manager, when there will be a closed transfer window and little funds remaining. I guess lets just hope this scenario never happens and negative nigel gets us near the play-offs - its not as if he hasnt had enough money to spend.......

agree with what youre saying, trickydicky. however we need to stop using the term majority. both sides in this argument keep claiming to be a majority but neither can prove it, and besides there are far too many people on the fence for this to mean anything.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

I am afraid that dealing out garbage is not the sole domain of the WO brigade, as evidenced by your post. According to you people who want WO are a minority, it did not sound like that at the QPR game. Are you really saying that 24,000+ people have been intimidated to the point of not daring to sing at home games, have you been to home games recently, its like a morgue, that is the "silent majority" expressing their unhappiness.

Both sides of the arguement have had their day, I am as tired of the "KTF" as I am the "WO"

[/quote]Maybe the silence is related to the fact that it would be incredibly weird to be chanting "sit down shut up" at another section of our own support . . . . . .Would possibly confuse the opposition support into silence though. Though I should imagine it being the Wolves fans they will be quietly happy that they are not the only bunch of fans that whinge and moan like babies . . . .

Speaking as a confirmed KTF, there is only one WO, who seems to have any idea of what will achieve their objective, assuming they have the majority of clout in terms of quantity in numbers.   All of you WO''s need to stand outside the ground at home games, refuse to enter for the season unless you get your way.  This move will be successful if you have the majority of opinion on your side,  in my estimation you are a collective bunch  who do not have the courage to back up your convictions You are like a bunch alcoholicks/smokers who would like to give up but are almost like some of our players, who do not have the will or the motivation to put enough effort into their attempts to win a game of football. 

I shall continue my support for whoever is our manager, and always will take the road of blaming our results on the lack of combined effort/combined with skill from the team that looses us games. OTBC!!!

That WO was YC, so follow his suggestion if you have the desire, if not then you do not have the courage necessary for your fight.

[quote user="beelsie"]

Speaking as a confirmed KTF, there is only one WO, who seems to have any idea of what will achieve their objective, assuming they have the majority of clout in terms of quantity in numbers.   All of you WO''s need to stand outside the ground at home games, refuse to enter for the season unless you get your way.  This move will be successful if you have the majority of opinion on your side,  in my estimation you are a collective bunch  who do not have the courage to back up your convictions You are like a bunch alcoholicks/smokers who would like to give up but are almost like some of our players, who do not have the will or the motivation to put enough effort into their attempts to win a game of football. 

I shall continue my support for whoever is our manager, and always will take the road of blaming our results on the lack of combined effort/combined with skill from the team that looses us games. OTBC!!!

That WO was YC, so follow his suggestion if you have the desire, if not then you do not have the courage necessary for your fight.

[/quote]

well lets hope the manager signs some players whohave skill and effort this season.... As its not his fault the last lot he signed had very little skill and Hughes appart very little effort.....  But its not his fault he cant pick a player......

[quote user="beelsie"]

[/quote]

I''ve read a fair bit of b*ll*cks on both sides of the KTF/WO debate on this board but that just about takes the biscuit. So according to your line of reasoning the manager has no role whatsoever and you will ''always will take the road of blaming our results on the lack of combined effort/combined with skill from the team that looses us games''.

So maybe we could end the argument immediately and save the club some cash into the process - we could dispense with a manager altogether, just let Delia pick 11 names out of a bag every Saturday morning.

Come to think of it, that probably would be an improvement over the current setup. Sorry you were right all along.

There you go again Citizen J Foghorn.You are talking about more than Worthington - you are bringing into it scouting as well.As I have said countless times before most of the players we have signed on paper look great either they have achieved well at this level or higher or have just come out of a storming season.Colin and Etuhu both had good terms last season and were linked to a couple of prem clubs as a result.Earnshaw and Robinson are regulars in the Wales squad and with Hartson retiring from international football he has to be a favourite to partner Bellamy upfront. Just think of all that pace - wow!Hughes comes with good praise from Reading for his utility ability and hard working performances - he certainly doesnt lack motivation or fight for the cause.Thorne came to us on a free with a scoring reccord not unlike our old favuorite Iwan Roberts. I believe the idea was he was to act as a pro to lead by example to the likes of Jarvis and Ashton who are both young and sometimes in games you need experience not just youth and zest.Luis-Jean may not have been part of the best deffence last year but again he has been a consistant performer at this level and was good enough to cut the prem.So with this on paper and likely good reports from scouts as well as possitive video feedback what can Worthington do if it doesnt all go well at once?

Creative midfielder and like people, my posts are my opinion and I can respect yours in spite of your resort to the use of expletive comment.  The manager, in this case being Worthy, and the board at NCFC have an understanding and that is "Manager you can do what you like as long as we like it first" and he acts like a buffer between dissatisfied fans, staff, and players.  I think this should be obvious to anyone, as board members have come forward and categorically declared that Worthy will receive his notice when they consider that he can no longer do a satisfactory job for them.  In a nutshell "He suits"

To reach the position you desire your efforts must seek to have much more clout than you do at present.   In other words work harder.  Hence my efforts to point you in a direction that will achieve your aims.  If you do succeed, be prepared to receive another such puppet manager in his place.  Remember also that Yankee Canary was the only one of your ilk to point you in a direction that may give you success; should you be ready to pursue your aims as Worthy says.  Earn the right to play then you will succeed.   I agree to a large extent with the comments made about Worthy and many of the mistakes he has made.  But I will always say that the results obtained on the pitch is down to the players and their lack of application.  After all they come with a CV that states that they can do it,  none say that it requires the manager of their choice to allow them to perform up to spec.  OTBC!!!!

I keep saying and I''ll say it again....we must support and get behind the team. Worthy will get us up again....next year will be better you''ll see.