Sign in to follow this  
Ark

Surely booing the team is like admitting you were wrong...

If people feel like they need to boo the team in order to make them lose, surely that suggests that they think they might win otherwise... And wouldn''t that mean that these same people think that the current coaching staff are capable of getting results???

I feel lost in a sea of hatred and reprisals.

[quote user="Ark"]

If people feel like they need to boo the team in order to make them lose, surely that suggests that they think they might win otherwise... And wouldn''t that mean that these same people think that the current coaching staff are capable of getting results???

[/quote]

i can see where you are coming from ark, but i dont agree. booing=disappoinment over a long period. to be disappointed, first you must have aspirations of a positive nature, or believed that something should be far better

we boo cos we hate worthy and the rubbish his team plays - he is useless and we must get rid of him. i ahve got lots of votes for the petition next sunday - make sure you vote worthy out too and then this will stop

It''s really odd like the team need the motivation, a bit of fire in them to rouse them. The fans really fired the team up after cheering that second goal and look at leisceter a few weeks ago hucks was playing ok, but after the penalty their defender called him a cheat and bang! hucks looked like he was playing for brazil. The big question is why is Nigel not installing this passion in them from the word go?

[quote user="Ark"]

[/quote]

As a Worthy Outer, I would say that we should NEVER boo the team. We should make our feelings known via meetings and protests but support the team on the pitch.

[quote user="Ark"]

[/quote] What?? I don''t think anyone boos the team because they think they would win otherwise. The booing started because Norwich weren''t winning, not the other way round. Anyway we all know Norwich can win some games - we beat the rubbish teams with quality hoofball and a top work ethic. We beat QPR but look at the embarrassing, dire, lamentable football we served up in order to do it!

I genuinely believe that most people who boo at Carrow Road are not booing the players, especially in order to make them lose. They just get very frustrated at what they see on the field, viz, hoofball and poor performances for the vast majority of matches. What do do expect people to do? Clap politely as they watch Hughes hit another pass into the stand instead of to the feet of a team-mate? Mutter ''never mind'' as Etuhu gets muscled off the ball again by someone half his size! 

As for the current coaching staff getting results - and not just the odd win here and there, especially away from home - there''s not much chance of sustained levels there!

The massive division between the fans will continue until Worthington is sacked. I believe that the rot has set in too deep for any other outcome to resolve the situation.   

after 30 minutes of booing we scored 3 goals, just imagine how many goals we would score if we booed for longer

[quote user="UEA Canary"]It''s really odd like the team need the motivation, a bit of fire in them to rouse them. The fans really fired the team up after cheering that second goal and look at leisceter a few weeks ago hucks was playing ok, but after the penalty their defender called him a cheat and bang! hucks looked like he was playing for brazil. The big question is why is Nigel not installing this passion in them from the word go?
[/quote]

absolutely, also it is patently obvious worthy is no motivator

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

I genuinely believe that most people who boo at Carrow Road are not booing the players, especially in order to make them lose. They just get very frustrated at what they see on the field, viz, hoofball and poor performances for the vast majority of matches. What do do expect people to do? Clap politely as they watch Hughes hit another pass into the stand instead of to the feet of a team-mate? Mutter ''never mind'' as Etuhu gets muscled off the ball again by someone half his size! 

As for the current coaching staff getting results - and not just the odd win here and there, especially away from home - there''s not much chance of sustained levels there!

The massive division between the fans will continue until Worthington is sacked. I believe that the rot has set in too deep for any other outcome to resolve the situation.   

[/quote]

So you''re frustrated. I think we''ve all been there, I think that some of us may want Nigel Worthington out, maybe we''re not sure, but unlike a few of the people on this board we stick by the club. This may not mean that we sing or chant, because that''s not how everyone behaves even when we''re winning. What we don''t do is whinge, whinge, whinge and boo our own side. Anybody who boos their own side is not a true supporter.

You can offer any pathetic reason for booing, like it makes the team play, or we''re doing it to get rid of Worthy for the betterment of the club, but in the end it means you have no stomach for the long haul. There''s been worse times at this club and there will be better and worse times in the future. It''s a fact of life, live with it, support the team or go find something to watch that doesn''t require genuine commitment.[:@]

So you''re all booing the "football", not the "team". Still doesn''t explain cheering when the opposition scores!!

Oh really?So he didn''t turn some of our reserve players into quality performers? And come to think of it he didn''t get some of our serial underperformers to perform?- Mackay- Steeno- Kenton- McVeighNo motivational words behind those then not to mention Shackel who has been a success coming up through the ranks and Docherty who now looks more like value for money than he did last season and that all changed over one summer.I think Worthington can motivate players - passion is not something that can be installed as such. You can get the team fired up but they can loose that passion as quickly as they gained it if the crowd dont get behind them and start to get on top of them at 0-0.

you quote four players he has successfully motivated? what about all the other so called good players he has failed to motivate? why do you persist in thinking hes that good? if he was such a great manager why have no better clubs come calling for worthy? hes had one other job which followed the same lines, good start then turned the club into a joke! wake up man!

[quote user="chicken"]

So he didn''t turn some of our reserve players into quality performers? And come to think of it he didn''t get some of our serial underperformers to perform?

- Mackay
- Steeno
- Kenton
- McVeigh

[/quote]

Come on chicken........   Mackay is a motivator and improved under Worthy....   Steeno and McVeigh were scandolously underused by the previous idiot and he fell out with Kenton whom left at the first opportunity.  Doherty lost a stone and a half........  And is getting picked reguarly, and has probably found his level.  Shackell is a good player, although has not played much as yet.

This season, and last, the lack of a real leader on the pitch and in teh dressing room  has been obvious, and the silent one standing, arms crossed isn''t exactly instilling any enthusiasm from the touchline.... 

I would even say that perhaps a Malky in the side organising things, and in the dressing room may have contributed those 2 extra points we needed to stay up (he certainly would have done a better job than the Doc did when called upon).  Just look at what impact Dennis Wise has had at Coventry.

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

So you''re frustrated. I think we''ve all been there, I think that some of us may want Nigel Worthington out, maybe we''re not sure, but unlike a few of the people on this board we stick by the club. This may not mean that we sing or chant, because that''s not how everyone behaves even when we''re winning. What we don''t do is whinge, whinge, whinge and boo our own side. Anybody who boos their own side is not a true supporter.

You can offer any pathetic reason for booing, like it makes the team play, or we''re doing it to get rid of Worthy for the betterment of the club, but in the end it means you have no stomach for the long haul. There''s been worse times at this club and there will be better and worse times in the future. It''s a fact of life, live with it, support the team or go find something to watch that doesn''t require genuine commitment.[:@]

[/quote]

Kenny, can I just point out a couple of things:

(a) I said ''THEY boo because they get frustrated - I did NOT say I boo (which I don''t);

(b) I think that watching matches with my family at Carra Road for the past 20 years and spending a shed load of money in the process clearly demonstrates that I''m in it ''for the long haul'' and have more than enough ''genuine commitment'' than many fans including, I assume.

I won''t hold my breath for an apology for your erroneous and patronising comments in relation to these points; after all, I''m just a disgraceful Worthy Out glory hunter who doesn''t care about our Club.   

[quote user="chicken"]Oh really?

No motivational words behind those then not to mention Shackel who has been a success coming up through the ranks and Docherty who now looks more like value for money than he did last season and that all changed over one summer.

[/quote]

Please bear in mind that I championed the Doc last season but one could argue Chicken that Worthington bought the right player at the wrong time.

Is Docherty''s improved performance this season down to Worthy having a positive affect on him in the summer?  Or is it more to do with the division he is in?  I would suspect a bit of both.  

[quote user="Ark"]

[/quote]

and I thought people booed because the looked like they didnt care and played bloody awfully???  You dont often get a team giving its all, or winning getting booed