Sign in to follow this  
Northern Yella

Aidy Boothroyd!

This is nothing new, and I''m sure this is exactly what a lot of you are thinking, but when Watford fail in the Playoffs (Which I believe they will, Palace look very good to win it where I am standing) we need to act and start the Aidy Boothroyd campaign. Not only has he done an absolutely stunning job at Watford, he is a brilliant coach, man manager and motivator, Watford also play some of the best football in the division. In short we should keep hassling the board until they eventually decide to act. Unfortunately I feel like always the board will act too late and he''ll become a Premiership manager.

One question - why would he leave Watford to come here?

No major differences between the clubs in size. Why would he make what is basically a sidewards step? The only way he would leave Watford right now is if a Premier club came knocking. That''s the whole problem with sacking Worthless. You need to do it at a time when you are confident there is a better replacement available to come in. Right now there probably is no such person. Expect some managerial changes in the summer at other clubs, and that is when Nige will depart. I think there will be an emerging trend of managerial changes in the close season.

To be honest, he might come back because we are a bigger club than Watford, we could also offer him Im sure a bigger transfer budget, more chance of promotion, and he would probably get paid more. We''re a bigger club with more potential than you realise and we are only bout two players short (notably centre mids) offf automatic promotion.

Yes if a Prem club came in we would have no chance, but at the moment I believe we could still make a move for him.

If we didn''t get someone like Boothroyd we might as well stick with Worthy, forget it. If we show no ambition, then okay fine lets just forget about where we could be and settle for second class performances. Does Simon Jordan think Andrew Johnson is too good for Crystal Palace, so why should Boothroyd be too good for Norwich?

Okay, if we have 2 million to spend next year, would you:

(a) Give it to Worthington to spend

(B) Get Aidy Boothroyd and give him just under a million to spend (baring in mind thats how much Worthy paid for Hughes and Etuhu and how much Boothroyd has spent this season in the transfer market)