Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Hope springs eternal

I got to thinking about Cardiff 2002. I didn''t go, but I watched on tv with family and friends. I couldn''t bear to watch the penalties so I went outside and sat in my car. The silence from the house told me all I needed to know, and that was my lowest point as a City fan. I really thought we''d blown our last chance of the premiership, and it felt like all hope had died.
To quote Gandalf, perhaps there was only ever a fool''s hope. But like Frodo and Sam somehow we''ve come through.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

I did go to Cardiff, Fool, and it was one of the most dispiriting days of my life. Wednesday made all of that pain disappear overnight.

i went to cardiff but although it was a massive disappointment i had to go and just dream, and for those agonising moments after iwan''s goal

oh how bitttersweet football can be

the following season was one of real disappointment, boy how did we not achieve

but this year, and wednesday, oh it was so great words cannot suffice

but tell you what, another day for me, was far more important and remains the key day of the entire season

boxing day - the day our darren came home, for good

the day we showed the world we wanted, we would have and god, how we did it in style

so yes, cardiff was sad, disappointing, but if you suffer no pain, the good times and real happiness cannot be measured

oh have we suffered fellow city fans, but now, it is our year and we have much to celebrate and be thankful for, cardiff was just a rehearsal for the real thing

and to my two wonderful children - you are now going to see the team in an open top bus, just as i promised you on boxing day!!!

Roll on May 10th
dd

Great post gazza, agree with it all. You have to have bad times to appreciate the good, I''m going to wear the biggest grin until the end of next season at least, if we go down (not that I think we will!!) we go down smiling and singing showing everyone we''re the best fans in the country. Splendid rush.