Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Roberts for manager?

When Worthless eventually leaves i would like to see Iwan Roberts back at the club in the hot seat.

I think it would give the fans a huge lift and he would have the respect of the players as hes a true canary legend.

How much worse can he do than Nigel, who loves his hoofball.

England rugby team could do with some of our players who hoof hoof hoof it all game.

I honestly think that each week we should be chanting Roberts name to be our manager, as hes still young, has the enthusiasm and would be given time to sort out Worthingtons ***.

HUGHES, ETUHU, ROBINSON, JARRETT, LOUIS JEAN, COLIN, THORNE ANY MANY OTHER HOOFERS.

I would like him back in dome way but certainly not as the manager. He has no experience or track record. We need someone more proven but having roberts about in some way might help.

I understand the sentiments entirely, but I wouldn''t want Iwan as manager. Not yet anyway. For starters, he''s got no management experience whatsoever and whilst his enthusiasm and legend status certainly wouldn''t do him any harm, they''re not going to be enough on their own; Norwich has become a ''bigger'' job than that in the last five years. But perhaps more pertinantly, I''d hate to see Iwan take the job on, fail, and have the fans turn against him. He''s one of our very greatest sons, and nothing should be done to endanger that.

COYY

Great sentiments to have old heroes back, but Brucey may be out of trouble at Birmingham and in any case if he were to get the sack from Brum I just cant see him seeing CR as a step up in his managerial career. Brucey would just sit around for 6 months and he would end up getting offered another big club, similar to O''Leary''s experience.

Ewen is a romantics choice, but I agree it would be good to have him back at the club in some shape or form.

No, I think we have to look at those up and coming managers from the lower leagues or those that are sitting as assistants next to current big names. Perhaps Bowen could come to CR on his own, or what about Kevin Bond in a life after Harry Rednapp, though he would have to prove himself without the benefit of big money spenders.

Would you really expect Martin Allen and Steve Tilson to leave thier respective clubs at where they have done so much to go to a new club in the same league? Me thinks not. And Mick Mcarthy has successfully got Sunderland relegated form the premiership for the second time...even Worthington hasn''t manged to do that yet. If we actually think about this carefully the board will only go for somebody that isn''t in a job to avoid expensive compensation payments so lets see who isn''t in a job that is any good...Martin O''neill anybody?

Anyways David Gold has said Bruce will be there for next season regardless.

[quote user="djb"]

Would you really expect Martin Allen and Steve Tilson to leave thier respective clubs at where they have done so much to go to a new club in the same league? Me thinks not. And Mick Mcarthy has successfully got Sunderland relegated form the premiership for the second time...even Worthington hasn''t manged to do that yet. If we actually think about this carefully the board will only go for somebody that isn''t in a job to avoid expensive compensation payments so lets see who isn''t in a job that is any good...Martin O''neill anybody?

Anyways David Gold has said Bruce will be there for next season regardless.

[/quote]

Why wouldnt they liave Brentford or Southend respectively - My god I bet they arent on £15,000 a week and dont have 25,000 full houses and a budget of a couple of million!!!!

They would leave in an INSTANT, I notice Newell (9th place Luton on no money) aint signed his contract at fulham yet - its cos he knows a few clubs are going to be knocking on the door in the summer......

What manager in their right minds would turn down the chance to manage a team with the likes of Hucks, Earny, Safri, etc, with money to spend, sell out crowds every week, great away following, and the support and dedication of the board? No offence to Brentford and Southend, but on  (sometimes anyway) and off the pitch they don''t even come close to us.

[quote user="Chris Meadows"]if bruse gets sacked from brum, brucey and bowen as assistant(he is brum assistant i thimk?)[/quote]

Bowen is at Blackburn, hence their turn in fortunes!! I''d love to see Bowen given the job. Wales, Brum & Blackburn all benefited from his time there!!

Iwan is an all time fan favourite & club hero. However, he has no experience at all so can''t even be considered.

I certinatly have to agree with the general consenus - Roberts back would be a great lift, but he''s simply too inexperienced to play as manager. I personally also believe him too inexperienced for assistant manager too.

Let''s get him in as a coach and have him bring the passion back into this football club.

IMO, Phil Parkinson is the man for the job.

This is the problem now, who do we choose, as I see it we have a few options....

1.   Someone out of contract who has done wrong recently (Steve Bruce, Mick McCarthy, etc)

2.   Someone who has worked well in lower leagues

3.   Someone who is in contract at another club

4.   A risk/gamble on an unproven manager

There is another option, a manager out of contract who has a good record (Martin O''Neil, say), but realistically, would you turn down Newcastle for Norwich?!

Its not looking good; I think we should go for a new manager who has done well in lower leagues or our own, but what are the chances of it all clicking straight away?  Chances are we have a little more stormy weather to pass before we have the passing, moving and most importantly winning Norwich back!

OTBC!

Chunky

i''d rather have some of the posters on here as manager than iwan

Kathy for manager! I''m sure angel will second that

Spot On VOTTA

Norwich                        Southend

Wage                     15k                              5k Max

Transfer Budget      2million                           100k

Crowds               25,000                              10,000

Players               Hucks,earny, safri etc         Eastwood and goater

Capabilities      Promotion                           Scape Survival

(where would you rather manage?)

I''d rather manage Norwich than Newcastle, nicer weather, lower expectations, a sane board and nicer players.

I''d also prefer Norwich to Southend or Brentford (or indeed Colchester). My preference would be to have a young, lower league manager looking to prove himself (possibly accompanied by some similiar players) but backed up by people with experience of the championship and premiership.I would love to have Iwan back but not as manager, pressure on him and our current strikers would be huge. But as a coach/injector of pasison bring it on

Not Kevin Bond ~ King of the Own Goals. (we''re doing OK with that!)

Iwan is a legend but lacks experience, the pressure on him to succeed would be enormous.

A CCC/Lower league guy? David Williams? As long as they can see the potential, can sort the team out (players out and in), get them passing and playing positively will do for me!