Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Possible signings - lets be the scouts!

Ok my idea is that people should post suggestions of players that they think would be good additions to the squad within reason. Price limit is £1million for one player. I will start and suggest Mark Kennerdy of Wolves - a good wing player who knows the league well and would give us more options. Available for nothing! Here is a link that suggests he is available and willing to move on:http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1786_1148006,00.html

I think Kennedys wage will be a problem and his injury record isn''t great plus Hucks plays left wing rightly or wrongly. Has anyone seen Greg Halford play? He seems to be the name on top of everyones list of new signing - any know what sort of player is he?

Billy Jones - Can play in defence or midfield and has been top qaulity for a rubbish Crewe this season, dubbed the next Martin Keown he is also England u19 captain.

David Vaughan - An out and out left winger who can beat a manput in a decent crss 9 times ouut of 10 and is also good at tracking back and getting stuck in. Probably the best left mid in the league excluding Glen Little.

Greg Halford - Qaulity right winger who can also operate in defence and up front. Always delivers a decent cross and has one hell of a shot on him and at 6ft3 has a decent physicl presence. He can also throw the ball like Gary Neville.

Kenny Lunt - Available on a free would be a good sqaud player who could be the creative person weve been lacking in midfield.

Kieth Foley - Excluding John Halls is the best right back in league, great going forward and brilliant in the tackle but might cost a bit more than 1 million.

and more but cant be bothered right now.

Baird, davenport, commons, halford, koumas, sutton, eastwood, raziak

All would cost no more than a million, bar koumas.

Baird has always been higly rated and we need a young right back. Davenport did a solid job on loan and would give doherty and shackall good competition. Commons is a good left sided player who wouldnt cost much. Halford by all acounts is a great talent. He''s versatile, big, strong and scores goals from midfield. Koumas - we all know his qualities. Sutton would do at norwich andcould come on a free. I''m sure he wouldnt mind coming back and would be great with Earny. Eastwood is proven at league 1 and is the sort of poacher and squad player you need. Raziak is anotther proven player at championship level who is thye sort of player you need with earny.

yeh iv seen greg play countless times. i speak to him occasionly too. we bid for him in january. greg was ready to come but colchester didnt accept. hes been a right back his whole life hence why hes No.2,  but last season n this season hes been playin as mainly a right midfielder and a striker when they needed him there. premiership clubs were looking at him a lot last season. nobodys taken a gamble yet. a very promising player, lots of potential and can pass the ball ! knows where the goal is, has height and strength and can obviously tackle due to his full back days.

i liked the look of Kevin Nicholls when Luton played Liverpool. Seemed the hard working type player we usually go for but this time he actually has quality and carries the ball forward very well.

[quote user="chicken"]Ok my idea is that people should post suggestions of players that they think would be good additions to the squad within reason. Price limit is £1million for one player. I will start and suggest Mark Kennerdy of Wolves - a good wing player who knows the league well and would give us more options. Available for nothing! Here is a link that suggests he is available and willing to move on:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1786_1148006,00.html
[/quote]

No disrespect Chicken but players like Kennedy are exactly the type of players I do not want to see coming in this summer.  I''m not saying he is a bad player but I want the club to sign players who we can build a team with for 4 or 5 seasons to take us into and keep us in the Premier League.  The problems we have now are based upon the amount of 29+ players we had in the side who won this league who have or are needing to be replaced. 

We need players like Halford who have a couple of seasons experience with potential not players the wrong side of their best.  I have said before that I could have handled this season had we been blooding a young side, learning their way in this league because I could have seen a future.  This season has seen a series of quick-fix and stop gap signings. 

shouldn''t we be getting realistic here, why would people leave the likes of Luton and CArdiff to come to us, people seem to think were still this premier league team but were not. We should be looking at ex premier players or young division one and two stars, no way we can get the likes of koumas and co.

we can offer more money than cardiff, luton etc, get 25,000 crowds and have better facilities, we are still considered a big club in this division

We should maybe try and buy the 2 centre backs at Preston, Mawene and Davis. They are mainly the reason that they''re in the playoffs. 11 nil nil draws, not scored many. I know as I live in Preston and have been watching them.

That would be if they stay down [:)]

[quote user="rich"]shouldn''t we be getting realistic here, why would people leave the likes of Luton and CArdiff to come to us, people seem to think were still this premier league team but were not. We should be looking at ex premier players or young division one and two stars, no way we can get the likes of koumas and co.[/quote]

We are still big players in this league whilst we have parachute money. On top of that we get the biggest crowds in the league & have better training facilities than a lot of Premiership clubs. Put that together with the area we live in & then compare us to luton, Cardiff etc... Where would you rather play??? [H]

you seriously think someone''s going to leave a mid table division one side for another your wrong chris. Those things might make us more attractive in a battle for a player like horsfield, but if koumas was ever gonna leave and same with nicholls, I think he''d be looking at a club much higher than us.

Besides all those count for nothing, what matters most is league table placement and were distinctly midtable on that.