Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Things we don't see anymore

Also the huge Norwich flag which used to be passed from one end of the barclay to the other. I remember one game i was under this flag when we scored. Missed the goal, but just went totally mental with everyone else without knowing what the hell had happened.

Here''s a couple more........
Mr Fussy the referee (honest)who enacted what he had given the foul for.
Duncan Forbes doing his best to launch the opposing centre forward over the stand.
Seriously bad comb overs ie Punton,Charlton.
Miniscule shorts as worn by Keelan

The white and red banded match ball - (Stuart Sturridge was the make I think) most famous
for flying off the boot of Justin Fashanu v Liverpool ... and then that one fingered salute - thats another, you dont see such muted celebrations as that anymore!

I was about 11 and would be allowed to get the train on my own from Yarmouth to Norwich and then pay £1.50 to stand in the river end and try to get there for about 1-30 to get a spot behind the tunnels so I could see.

There is no way an 11 yr old would be allowed nowadays to do that.

The first match my dad took me to (Derby 16-4-69, lost 4-1) I remember we had to buy cushions to save numb bums from the wooden seating. I still half-expect to see them come flying onto the pitch when a ref makes a bad decision. Think the club got fined for it in the end, and of course it all finished when the old stand burnt down.

Watching PSV playing Newcastle tonight and the fences around the pitch, I''m glad we don''t see them anymore!

M U "fans" falling the through the roof of the Barclay! Police dogs biting said M U "fans" as they lay semi-concious on the floor!! Ah, sweet memeories :-0}

re the pitch invasion

is there anyone going to watford (the scene reset once more) who won''t seriously try to invade the pitch?

scarves round wrists, still see it occasionally

scarves out of windows on the way to away matches, nearly everyone does it!!

totally agree, we need the refreshment trolleys back at half time in front of the barclay, getting anything at the bar in there at half time is a total joke (the beer is not worth queuing for, but during a tense match do need the chocolate!)

terraces - tumbleweed, if only mate

match of the day, oh can you wait for hansen to start on us again!!!

the promotion celebration bus!!!! hey wait for it guys, it is just around the corner :-)

...the merry ''plink plink'' of coins rattling off the cage between us and the away supporters in the Barclay...

...the Theme From S''Express before the players ran out onto the pitch...

Tweetie Pie recalled Mr Fussy...anyone else remember him? He was manic the way he would back pedal the full length of the pitch at high speed....brilliant :-0]

The "Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeets" man was probably a kid at the time, but I remember when the bloke with the tray used to shout "Peanuts, popcorn, Caaaaaleys chocolate" - that was before Caleys went bust and were then resurrected a few years ago.

One thing you don''t see often enough these days is referees having a laugh and a chat with players as the game is in progress - the one against Wigan was an exception.

....and Match of the Week with Gerry Harrison

Military Bands and Police Dog Display Teams at Half Time

Save of the Season

Floodlights all the way along the side of the Main Stand

Bolton & Pauls and the railway yards along Riverside Road

and away fans being thrown/kicked into the river

The sweet and tobacco stall on Tombland that used to sell me a packet of 5 Woodbine on the way to the game. I was 13 years old.