Sign in to follow this  
my_left_foot

Playing the youngsters - think again

Having watched the reserves again last night, the worrying news is that our "future" is NOT looking bright.  There was, once again, evidence of "hoofball" albeit less so than with the first team and, quite frankly, Ipswich''s youngster far outshone our own.  Henderson, supposedly one of our brighter fringe players, was absolutely awful and very few of our players could string a pass together between them.  Certainly, Ipswich should and could have won by more - how depressing.  Blimey, we even had Thorne, Rehman, Charlton and Colin playing but, then again, what does that say! 

The fact is, the problems that are so clear in our first team are also endemic in the reserves.  Bottom of the league with just 2 wins says it all and the quality is dreadful - absolutely awful.   Wait a minute though, can I hear Worthy saying "you have to battle", "you have to earn the right to play", "that''s what this league is all about", "its all part of the game - know what I mean?" ...................................................    Of Course it is Nigel, that is why Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Ipswich reserves all play attractive, fast flowing, neat football in the SAME reserve league and are much more successful.  We are simply not good enough and the problem is down to coaching and the playing staff, RIGHT THE WAY THROUGH FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM.

No wonder the first team is such a shambles - they are hardly likely to be quaking in their boots over possibly being replaced by young, thrusting future starlets from the reserves as they simply don''t exist or are having any semblance of talent or confidence coached out of them. 

THE FUTURE IS NOT BRIGHT - THE FUTURE IS WORTHY! 

the Easton boys shouldnt be critisised for playin for the reserves. they helped out when needed and i for one thought they did very well. also 4 of those easton boys who played have been on trial with the club of late. so obviously the management team of the youth team saw some ''Easton Promise''