Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Ryan Jarvis new contract deserved or placating the fans ?

Does RJ merit a new long term contract, certainly not from what I have seen, Danny Crow looked twice as impressive last season.  I can;t help feeling Worthy is rewarding the fans by giving him contract whilst not playing him, probably not an expensive gesture but a gesture nonetheless.

Is RJ our new target man, have we seen the back of Thorne (1 year on his contract).  I hope to see RJ is given the opportunity to prove he deserves this contract.    

[quote user="pete"]

Does RJ merit a new long term contract, certainly not from what I have seen, Danny Crow looked twice as impressive last season.  I can;t help feeling Worthy is rewarding the fans by giving him contract whilst not playing him, probably not an expensive gesture but a gesture nonetheless.

Is RJ our new target man, have we seen the back of Thorne (1 year on his contract).  I hope to see RJ is given the opportunity to prove he deserves this contract.    

[/quote]

The Kennedy assasination.

The death of Princess Diana

9/11

Ryan Jarvis signs a new contract.

Which of the above does not deserve a conspiricy theory attached to it?

I am pleased that he has been given the deal. It might just be to shut the fans up but if given a regular run i''m sure that he will score goals. I reckon him and earnshaw could be a very prolific partnership. He''s had bad luck with injuries, is miles better than throne and is a different type of player to mckenzie.

11th of April 2006 - Nigel Worthington makes a good decision. A day to remember!

[quote user="Pointless Posts R Us"][quote user="pete"]

[/quote]

9/11

[/quote]

Yep, another pointless point to try and deflect the fact that Worthington has done a poor job bringing younger players into the first team.

This is all KTF`s can resort to these days. 

It''s clearly the same PR team at work here who were employed when the going got hot some weeks ago. "Throw the mob some crumbs to placate them"...

Unfortunately, it''s more money committed now rather than carefully thought through under new management.  

I don''t want worty here any more but I have to say the pete is right.

It is a point worth making, that whatever happens, some WO extreemist will claim conspiracy.

I wonder what sort of a flap some would have gotten themselves into if we hadn''t resigned him.

I''m all for getting the man out but at least keep it realistic please folks.

I think that some are more interested in putting spin on oposing comments rather than seeking the truth.

Very much like a political broadcast, you hear an awful lot about what the oposition doesn''t do and nothing about what there own part actually does.

I want the guy out for the obvious reasons but I find myself bewildered at some of the junk that people write.

This clubs youth policy is no different to any other clubs. Only the exeptional make it.

So please stop grasping at invisable straws and channel your energy into the real reason this man should go. He hasn''t produced the goods.

It''s the one and only good decision Worthy has made this season - RJ has had a nightmare with his knee this year, lets just hope that he''s given the chance to shine - coming on as sub for 10 mins at the end of first team games is not how it works for strikers !!  Given a lengthy run in the team I think he''ll be just what we need.

As for Danny Crow I would have liked to have seen him stay as well - and get rid of Thorne.   In fact stop buying in 30+ fat unfit has-beens full-stop !!

I think its  acommon sense signig - but as with the 4 youngsters signing their first contract they are only worth offering if they have a possibility of making the first team.

If the current sign a loan player rather than giving youth a chance regime continues offering these contracts is a waste of the clubs and the players efforts.

While we are at it Worthy wanted Crow to stay but was not prepared to confirm Crow would get regular first team football - which he would not have got - as precocious as he was he was never going to start ahead fo Leon nor Deano when fit.   Crow wanted to leave and for good reasons we let him.  We have to let this one go.   And this from a firm worthy-outer

A common sense signing backed up by a common sense post.

Applauds go to ZLF for a top class well informed post.

You could have so easily not bothered to reason with this event and spouted anything just to try and further the WO campaign but you looked at this for what it is and came to a reasonable conclusion regardless of your leaning.

More please!

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Pointless Posts R Us"][quote user="pete"]

[/quote]

9/11

[/quote]

Yep, another pointless point to try and deflect the fact that Worthington has done a poor job bringing younger players into the first team.

This is all KTF`s can resort to these days. 

[/quote]

I''m a WO but I can accept the point being made by "pointless posts r us".  You say the KTF''s can only resort to pointless posts these days but the WO''s are not much better.  Everything that happens at City is at present is posted on this forum with people analysing it looking for negatives that aren''t there unless you choose to believe they are.  It’s like vultures circling around carcass looking for any sign that it is now dead. 

These conspiracy  posts like just make it easier for the board to ignore and dismiss the WO campaign

i very much doubt he has been given a new contract to please the fans. no manager would sign a player if they didn''t want him. it was an obvious, but right decision.

Saint - I think it says a lopt that this is the MOST balanced of all the NCFC forums around...

The fans see a problem, and with with long ball, players played out of position, strange tactics and even stranger post match comments people are frustrated.  We wanna see a good match with players played in positions they are comfortable in, giving there all and an honest assessment after the game from the manager. Not cloggers and hoofball. 

So people get wound up and step over the mark sometimes on the message boards - it is just idle chit chat, pub talk you might say.

BUT its not as if the guy they are so peeved with hasnt been LYING in the press, trying to cover up awful performances. Worst of all he thinks he is doing a good job!!!

Just look at the other NCFC boards - the canaries.co.uk one is full of worthy out names and avatars - alomost every poster!! Wrath of the barclay has 2 KTFers that is it...  everybody else wants him gone...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Saint - I think it says a lopt that this is the MOST balanced of all the NCFC forums around...

The fans see a problem, and with with long ball, players played out of position, strange tactics and even stranger post match comments people are frustrated.  We wanna see a good match with players played in positions they are comfortable in, giving there all and an honest assessment after the game from the manager. Not cloggers and hoofball. 

So people get wound up and step over the mark sometimes on the message boards - it is just idle chit chat, pub talk you might say.

BUT its not as if the guy they are so peeved with hasnt been LYING in the press, trying to cover up awful performances. Worst of all he thinks he is doing a good job!!!

Just look at the other NCFC boards - the canaries.co.uk one is full of worthy out names and avatars - alomost every poster!! Wrath of the barclay has 2 KTFers that is it...  everybody else wants him gone...

[/quote]Wanting him gone or not is another issue alltogether. The quality of the opinion however is the point trying to be made here.

It''s just frustrating to see so many unquantified posts. What sort of a debate can you have with someone who thinks signing Jarvis is a conspiracy? You can''t because it has no substance. All you can do is try to explain how pointless a comment that is. It''s a waste of a thread and sad to see, especially from someone who has the same core belief on the managers future.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]Wanting him gone or not is another issue alltogether. The quality of the opinion however is the point trying to be made here.

It''s just frustrating to see so many unquantified posts. What sort of a debate can you have with someone who thinks signing Jarvis is a conspiracy? You can''t because it has no substance. All you can do is try to explain how pointless a comment that is. It''s a waste of a thread and sad to see, especially from someone who has the same core belief on the managers future.

[/quote]

well, yes and no i guess...  I beleive Jarvis has impressed (when played - and that aint very much) and scored goals for the first team.  

But it came as no surprise that Paul McVeigh was offered a contract the same week the NCISA meeting happened??  Also the signing contracts of 4 youngsters happened round about the same time.  Along with the signing of a left back youngster released by spurs.

Conspiracy theories maybe - but placating the fans is a big issue in the NCFC board room at the moment.

This is absolute insanity!

I cannot believe that people think this is the case!  Renewing a contract is not a trivial exercise financially, the board does have the interests of Norwich City at heart, and this is a board exercise, Worthy would have to justify renewing a contract to the board.

I''ve given up, whilst most people now agree we want Worthy out, when the board descends to this level, there really is no hope.

OTBC!

Chunky

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

well, yes and no i guess...  I beleive Jarvis has impressed (when played - and that aint very much) and scored goals for the first team.  

But it came as no surprise that Paul McVeigh was offered a contract the same week the NCISA meeting happened??  Also the signing contracts of 4 youngsters happened round about the same time.  Along with the signing of a left back youngster released by spurs.

Conspiracy theories maybe - but placating the fans is a big issue in the NCFC board room at the moment.

[/quote]

The point is Paul is that no matter what happened in this situation the club would be criticised.  Had we not offered him a contract then it would be typical Worthington, no emphasis on youth.  We do offer him one and fans say it''s just to try and keep the fans happy.

This just gives the board an easy way to ignore the WO campaign because we are appearing to be unreasonable.  Not just appearing, some posters on here are being unreasonable.  How can satisfy people who are being unreasonable?  No matter what the board do certain fans will not happy, so why give in to them?  It''s no wonder the board are not taking us seriously and thinking we can be won over.

"The point is Paul is that no matter what happened in this situation the club would be criticised.  Had we not offered him a contract then it would be typical Worthington, no emphasis on youth.  We do offer him one and fans say it''s just to try and keep the fans happy.

This just gives the board an easy way to ignore the WO campaign because we are appearing to be unreasonable.  Not just appearing, some posters on here are being unreasonable.  How can satisfy people who are being unreasonable?  No matter what the board do certain fans will not happy, so why give in to them?  It''s no wonder the board are not taking us seriously and thinking we can be won over."

I am not critisizing anybody over the signing, in my eyes he deserves a contract and a chance to prove himself. I would have been critical if we let him go on a free.  Yes some unresonable comments come on here, but also a lot of common sense.  Most unreasonable posts get shot down by sensible posters like yourself.  If I thought worthy could pick a player I wouldnt have minded him freeing Crowe, however I find my beleif in his judgement has wained so much I wouldn''t trust the abilities of a single player leaving or coming into the club at the moment.

I was interested and slightly surprised to read this. I''m not convinced Jarvis is good enough but then we haven''t really seen enough of him to judge! I can''t imagine him playing up front with Earnshaw but maybe he and McKenzie would play well together but then you leave a £3 million player on the bench!

It was good to read how pleased he was to be offered a new deal - showed a real passion for the club which is good to see when we are going through a difficult time!

I wonder how he rates his chances of getting in the team though? He must realise that Worthy doesn''t give youth much of a chance!