Sign in to follow this  
Archie

more on petit

according to the daily star we are going to offer him a ''pay as you play'' deal,i would certainly be for that

i''d still prefer izzet if we could tempt him
petit is past his best and out of practice
will he really care about city?
Izzet has being playing well for leicester even though he knows he is leaving (even if he probably does end up at Liverpool-especially if they get O''Neill as manager).

look at this then......http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=199652&cpid=8
i doubt wba would be able to attract any good players!

i have had it up to here already with who we are supposed to be signing

look what happened in the summer with all the rubbish that ended up at wigan, west brom and west ham

we don''t need it, i am not going to go wild over any rumours until that person acutally holds up a city shirt at a press conference

gazza we are not going wil over specualtion,but believe me it will be a very boring summer if we dont get a little excited over proposed imports

totally agree archie

got to dream we are going to bring some big name/s on a shoe string budget

As long as its not shoe string players on a big budget - I fear Petit falls into this category.

I''m with Gazza on this - lets live for the moment, rather than think who might be coming in.

I''m all for some squad additions - as long as they fit in with our mentality and passion - but has been big time charlies like Petit and Sheringham - no thanks.

Not too sure about Petit - he is a defensive midfielder, and if we needed to replace anyone, I don''t think it would by Holty (even the other central midfield role is well covered by Francis and Mullers). I think money would be well spent on other areas of the team.

Was just thinking though did''nt petit used to play centre back aswell when he was at barca might be good having him as cover for midfield and and at the back but then i guess he will be an expensive sub

Petit is rubbish now and would never get in the squad over Holt, Francis, Mullers, Brennan or Cooper (if he stays). He''s a total has been and would also be far too expensive.

At least he''s cut off his pony tail now. Maybe Ipswich can have him, he''d fit in with that bunch of girls.

You''ve gotta love all this speculation though!!

Petit was class but like most posters I have some doubts about his committment.

However if he did sign for us I would have confidence that Worthy would ensure he gets the best out of him - and by signing him I would assume that there is some committment to the club and ability to gel with the players we have here.

As far as Sheringham is concerned I wouldnt touch him with a barge pole - he has failed to last the season with Pompey and would be a waste of money - at least Petit is only 33 and has the possibility of another year or two...

I don''t doubt Petit''s quality, but I do worry about his attitude. He had a rough time at Barcelona, but he never seemed the same afterwards - he seems to lack the fight, rather he is happy to simply pick up his wages.

We will need players with quality who have the desire to fight to keep city afloat next season.

As for Sheringham, just forget about him - he''s 106 years old.