Sign in to follow this  
Hucka Hucka Huckerby

Just one player?

If you could chose only one player from our current squad to keep for next season, who would it be? I would choose Hucks because as Tina Turner once sang he''s "simply the best".... player at our club.

Earnshaw I would hate to see 3 mil go to waste and i think he has the potential to brak 100 goals for city (if he stays here for a while)

Hucks of course .... you know it makes sense !    I know its a lot to swallow  for some , but without his  consistant , week in week out  , endeavour , we would really be  down among  the shifting sands of the relegation zone ......   should have been moved  to a centre forward position   months ago !!!!  

Hux is a potential match winner, but he does impose the shape of the team by his inflexible way of playing. Perhaps our best player is McVeigh!

I think I could build a team round that Hughsie bloke, he can clap really energetically.

Memo: Send note to Livermore - Please find me 10 more Hughsies in the Summer. That should build me a team and get me out of a little Sit-ua-shon that I''m in.  

Memo: Tell Delia over Sunday lunch, no over dinner Good Friday of my great idea. She will love it!

P.S I wont be able to sleep, just think 11 Hughsies on the pitch, the fans will love me then. 11 Hughsies at trainning as well. Then we can do fitness all the time.............. 

[quote user="Salopian"]Hux is a potential match winner, but he does impose the shape of the team by his inflexible way of playing. Perhaps our best player is McVeigh!
[/quote]

Inflexible ?  Nigel keeps sticking him deep on the left wing  !   THAT is inflexible !! 

There`s no way that McVeigh  can be considered  our best player ,  he`s hardly figured in the side for the last 18 months , pulls his finger out  when his contract is due  to end   .... 

How about not the one player you would keep, but the one player (if ONLY one!) you would get rid of?! spoiled for choice i know but i''d go for ........................................ Robinson!

From all the reports flying around at that time  , I would say that Delia  had the last word in signing  Hucks !  never discount female intuition  !!

[quote user="Silver Canary"]It was Delia who made sure we got him. He didn''t fit into Worthy''s style of play.[/quote]

No, definitely not. Before we signed him Worthy was saying on TV "Darren is the most talented player I''ve ever worked with" & basically begged the board to make the funds available on Anglia News

[quote user="Silver Canary"]It was delia who wanted Hux not Worthy - he was looking for a bg central striker - he would have prefered Hulse[/quote]

How do you come to this conclusion? My last post comes from watching Worthy on tv being interviewed about Huckerby... Do you have anything to back up your statement?