Sign in to follow this  
FU MAN SHOE

Football for the 21st Century

Is the time right to build a super stadium on the Norfolk/Suffolk border (capacity 75,000 +), merge the businesses of Norwich and Ipswich (but keep the playing sides separate to compete with  the likes of Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea. Teams would alternate week by week, buying power would be increased, crowds could be huge paticularly when we bring European football to East Anglia again. I know that big is not always best, but it is the only way we are going to compete with the best.

For you die hard Ipswich haters I know this goes against the grain, but dare to think of a different approach to football where petty rivalries and small minded bigotry has no place in bringing us the best that our hard earnt money can buy us in the form of footballing entertainment. ...Norwich versus Juventus 2014 Champions League Final...imagine!

The legacy would be a prime site for staging matches when we get the World Cup, which is bound to follow after a successful 2012 Olympics.

and who would finance all this????

also if we uproot and move To the Norfolk/Suffolk border wouldnt we be Diss town mark 2?

also, Why play in a 75000 stadium when theres not a cat in hells chance we could fill it...

I estimate our fan base to be between 35-40,000, Carrow Road isnt that big so people cant attend the games ovbiously... A stadium the size u have mentioned would be half empty, probably cost more to run then would be made on Match days and would see us lose money..

As both teams play at the same stadium, who pays the rent? who too? how is ground revenue shared? who is responsible for the upkeep/Security/facilities????

U can make ur dream a reality on some computer games... go live out ur dream on there mate...

jas :)

[quote user="Chris Meadows"]where are you gonna find75k fans[/quote]

the norwich fans who want to commit suicide of something tall prehaps?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

also if we uproot and move To the Norfolk/Suffolk border wouldnt we be Diss town mark 2?

also, Why play in a 75000 stadium when theres not a cat in hells chance we could fill it...

I estimate our fan base to be between 35-40,000, Carrow Road isnt that big so people cant attend the games ovbiously... A stadium the size u have mentioned would be half empty, probably cost more to run then would be made on Match days and would see us lose money..

As both teams play at the same stadium, who pays the rent? who too? how is ground revenue shared? who is responsible for the upkeep/Security/facilities????

U can make ur dream a reality on some computer games... go live out ur dream on there mate...

[/quote] No imagination... I hope you are not in the camp that slates the current NCFC board and manager for having no imagination and ambition...try and see the cup as half full sometimes ''mate'' rather than half empty. Its easier to pull things apart than be creative. OK there are some fundamental challenges in the idea but there are always options when money is involved.

There are more fans out there than you think, probably not in the cosy confines of Norwich City, but more of us who have had to move away from Norfolk return regularly to see our team...and that''s for a team that currently doesn''t deserve it. 2000 fans travelling to Yorkshire today for a ''nothing'' game, an almost full waiting list for season tickets to watch a dubious 2006/7 season in prospect. Increase the quality and the spectacle and the fan base will grow. Development and transport links in the region are improving all the time, opening up the possibility of wider fan bases, as well as bringing back those we have lost. There were huge crowds back in the early 70s and the City is a bigger and more affluent area these days.

To quote from an aptly titled film ''Field of Dreams'', "...If you build it, they will come..."

2014 ,8 years time more likely Norwich versus Accrington  Stanley L D V Trophy! The future will depend very much on the length and damage  Worthy does in the remainder of his reign of terror!!Brave new world a shared stadium at say Bury St Edmunds .Most of  the fans would have an away trip every week and need a huge wage rise and hearts of oak to keep the faith.A pipe dream i think.Still it would be nearer for you.? Sorry for the "Irish Drivel" quote .i meant  Dixon could not understand his accent and tactics.YES KICK RACISM OUT OF FOOTBALL. BETTER  STILL KICK  WORTHY OUT OF FOOTBALL ,OR DO WE MEAN HOOF AND HOOFBALL.

[quote user="seamus42"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote] No imagination... I hope you are not in the camp that slates the current NCFC board and manager for having no imagination and ambition...try and see the cup as half full sometimes ''mate'' rather than half empty. Its easier to pull things apart than be creative. OK there are some fundamental challenges in the idea but there are always options when money is involved.

There are more fans out there than you think, probably not in the cosy confines of Norwich City, but more of us who have had to move away from Norfolk return regularly to see our team...and that''s for a team that currently doesn''t deserve it. 2000 fans travelling to Yorkshire today for a ''nothing'' game, an almost full waiting list for season tickets to watch a dubious 2006/7 season in prospect. Increase the quality and the spectacle and the fan base will grow. Development and transport links in the region are improving all the time, opening up the possibility of wider fan bases, as well as bringing back those we have lost. There were huge crowds back in the early 70s and the City is a bigger and more affluent area these days.

To quote from an aptly titled film ''Field of Dreams'', "...If you build it, they will come..."

[/quote]

its all well and good but u still havent answered the questins i asked...

the business questions are the ones that matter