Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Did he jump or was he pushed

Worthy in selecting our younger players, would they be selected if it wasn''t for the furore about the Academy.  Certainly not if play offs still on, will they continue to be given opportunities, lets hope they take the opportunity with both hands and make Worthy and the Huckster look silly. 

I should imagine that with the poor performances of some of the senior players and the success of the academy recently he has come under increasingly greater pressure from the powers that be to select the youngsters. Either way though it''s good to see. Lets hope he gives them a proper chance and doesn''t just give them a few minutes!

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Pete,

It''s quite simply the right time to do so. No conspiracy here either i''m afraid.

[/quote]

Yes, but it was the right time weeks and weeks ago and it didnt happen then.

Its a win win situation for the Worthless one , win and he will take the praise for putting in the youngsters , lose and he will say i told you they were not ready ...nothing is ever his fault .

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Pete,

It''s quite simply the right time to do so. No conspiracy here either i''m afraid.

[/quote]

[/quote]I don''t believe it was the right time weeks ago. If you bring in kids and they fall short of the mark when a play off place is at stake, it can ruin them.

Play them now when there is no pressure to perform and you get more for your money.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Pete,

[/quote]

[/quote]I don''t believe it was the right time weeks ago. If you bring in kids and they fall short of the mark when a play off place is at stake, it can ruin them.

Play them now when there is no pressure to perform and you get more for your money.

[/quote]

I would agree completely if a play off place had genuinely been at stake but never, at any point this season, have we been serious contenders. The notion that we were somehow going to creep into it at the end of the season is nothing more than fairly ludicrous spin from the club, and has now been exposed for the nonsense that it was.

If you were a player or manager of any club and you had a chance of making the playoffs no matter how slim, you would view that as your target.

I wouldn''t expect any less as a fan would you?

Are you seriously telling me that if you were a manager then you would just give up on a playoff chance if it was a slim one? I wouldn''t want you managing or playing for my club and I don''t think anyone else would either. I sure your chairman would not be impressed either with that attitude.

Iwouldn''t call it ''ludicrous spin'' when it''s just plain maths.