Sign in to follow this  
macdougalls perm

Good old Huckerby!!

So Hucks has rejected 5 premier league clubs to stay with us. It''s great that our best player has so much loyalty, even though we were never going to go up and he has a manager who seemingly doesnt like his style of play. The worrying thing is that it seems Nigel accepted the offers, because huckerby said he "rejected 5 prem clubs" not that the bids were turned down which indicates that he talked to them. I believe we cannot cope without hucks at the moment, and we should tie him down on another contract because still has at least 2 years at his best.

He also had a go at dean ashton saying that he clearly didnt want to be at the club for weeks, i think he was fine untill the transfer window and it seems they are unfairly blaming ashton for our league position.

Thats Magic. I had written my bit before Macdougalls piece  had been moderated. It was posted another topic, but at least we havent got 2 topics on the same thing because of a 30 minute break in moderation.

Yeah, that was a good trick! [:)] And, as you say, I think we should tie him down for another two years because, to be quite honest, City without Huckerby doesn''t even bear thinking about at the moment.

Look at it from his persepective, he''s moved several times and it''s never worked out but he''s done well financially out of it. Why move again towards the end of your career when your family are settled and you''re appreciated by the supporters

[quote user="ncfc4prem"]Look at it from his persepective, he''s moved several times and it''s never worked out but he''s done well financially out of it. Why move again towards the end of your career when your family are settled and you''re appreciated by the supporters[/quote]

Yeah , he`s set his stall out here , he`s obviously on a good contract , but he deserves it !   unlike so many of the other players  , who  DO have attitude problems  .....   if there`s one thing that typifies Hucks.....  its attitude !   in every club he`s been at  he`s always done his best  ,  a factor thats  becoming increasingly rare  in this greedy agent  era . where players have highly inflated ideas of their  own " talent "   and worth !    the fact that , at least , 5 prem clubs have asked about him  speaks for itself !   like .. he has something they want !!      and you can bet your arse  that  he`s been offered terms  far better than what he gets here !   the pity is that he is a bit of a pearl among the pig***   right now  ,  Nigel had better  pull his finger out  , and get rid of  the malingering crap  we have at the moment  .....  Hucks will try , but he can`t do it all on his own ....           

I know Liverpool were one of the clubs who tried to sign him during the summer, but who were the other four? Any ideas anyone?

The truth of the matter is that he lives very close to me and couldn''t bear for us to be parted [:D]

There is no doubt that huckerby will go down in norwich history as an absolute LEGEND. i know there were many star players in our title winning season but i belive that without hucks we wouldn''t have won the league like we did. It''s a shame that our whole team dosen''t play with the same passion as him sometimes. True class.

Good man Hucks. It is nice to know old fashion loyality still exists and puts to shame a certain ''legend'' who always threatened to leave at contract time.

i think villa as they are so bad anyone would make their team better maybe even west brom tried to get him when we signed him.

[quote user="cityangel"]The truth of the matter is that he lives very close to me and couldn''t bear for us to be parted [:D][/quote]

Where does he live?

Sorry Matt but  we have to respect his privacy [:D]

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]This nails it for me...POTS.[/quote] Rudolph Hucker, you''ve been suckered!  Today''s piece in the paper should have been entitled "Vote for Meeee!" I''m a big Hucks fan too, and it gave me the best laugh in ages.  Cheeky sod.

You clearly didn''t read my last piece on this theme Mystic when having previously championed WLY I said I was starting to tend towards Hucks and gave reasons for doing so. His performance and application today along with his going public in showing loyalty to the Club which he put on a pedestal against the current climate where I feel too many journeymen players don''t care has tipped me in his favour and I hope he gets the award.

He has my vote for Player Of The Year.

He has shown more commitment than the others, his play is exciting (even if sometimes not everything comes off) and this season did not use his illness as an excuse in the first part of the season. In 2006 he has easily been our best player and in recent weeks his form has been tip top.

A pity others do not follow his or Leon''s example on the field. He is worth the admission money any day.......     

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Where do you live !

[quote user="Matt Hudson"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Where do you live !

[/quote]

Nice try Matt [:D]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Hucks drives past my house regularly.. im not saying where i live either though lol!

jas :)

[/quote]

Does he weave through the traffic  ?