Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

ITS MR CHASE, ALL OVER AGAIN!.

Please correct me if I''m wrong (and I''m sure you will) but has Mr & Mrs Deliia Smith, 52% of the club shares , thus in effect controling the club.

If so, I thought that after Mr Chase demise, supporters stated that they did not want this total power situtaion ever happening again. I also believe at the time, certainly at some Anti Chase meetings I attented, that even the mighty Mr Blowers even called for that. Of course if I''m wrong on this matter I apologise in advance to all concerned.

Now we now know Hucks and Crouch aint comming, well thats just bl***y great!. In my opinion I believe its Mr Chase all over again!. Nice Cafe etc, but can''t afford players, typical.

Its no good me offering solutions, I''M NOT PRIVY TO SENSITIVE INFORMATION (can you grasp that fact?), I would have too much ambition for the club to ever be a board member, even if I was in that finacial position anyway,

What would be the damn point ( and I''m assuming here) when just two people pull all the strings and have the final word. I shall give this lot the benefit of a months results, before I make too many judgements, thats only fair.

But Yes, I''m really angry and dissapointed (again) at the moment.

Well spoken 1stWizard, had just heard the official statement re Hucks and was just intending to post something similar to your post.Worthy also said that it will be difficult to get anyone else in before the new year so I guess its Iwan up front for the next few games.What a bloody Xmas us Norwich fans are going to have.Theres lots more I would like to say but I''m fairly speechless at the goings on at the club so its probably better I keep my mouth shut until I calm down.
Big thanks to Hucks and Crouch,mid table to 3rd in a couple of months,you''ve done great lads.Perhaps revisit us at the end of Jan when we will be back to mid table and then you can springboard us up again.

Well , Wiz, I''m with you all the way.

I posted a message a few weeks ago saying that whatever the situation we will not go up without these kind of players. In order to buy them we need money and if there isnt any under the current structure then we must either go looking for it or those in control must bung more in. More and more. However much it takes, they must chuck as much cash at it as possible. I dont want to watch a team currently second with a great fan base just throw in the towel and slide gracefully down the league. But we have all seen the matches this year and it is unthinkable that we would be where we are without Huckerby and Crouch.

There is no point in going through my diatribe again. But we do have a power base at the club who seemingly dont want to invite investment with the exception of the bits and pieces share offer which disipates any chance of a power break up. So it is simple. We havent got enough money. We are not looking for more. End of story.

I

1st wizard

music to my ears mate, entirely agree 100% and more

saturday will be my last game at carrow road, i am fed up with the lack of ambition, the whingeing about lack of funds, of course there is no money munby (we are in division one!!), i am going to cheer on hucks and say goodbye. It will be a sad moment and I, like you, first wizard am reflecting back on the chase era, and how hard we all fought for our club

was it really worth it?

I just hope, for the players sake, something good can come of all this, but you all know what will happen, no one any good is going to stay somewhere where concrete and clay is more important than what goes on on the pitch

to everyone who worships this board, good on you, i admire your faith and i will be very very intrigued to see the comments on here come april.

Hi gazzathegreat,just realised that I missed you off my previous post,titled ''Sorry but''.I love you just as much as the 5 names I mentioned so dont feel left out ,sorry!

See you later if this is your last game at carrow road. Face it guys hux and crouch were always gonna be out of league, and yes we should have had a replacement lined up by now, but just give it another month, when the transfer window opens and then decide if you never wanna come back. We''ll still be up there in may.

In response to question, was really worth it, of course it was. We need about 35 points from 24 games or thats 72 points and that should probably get us in the playoffs. Give them another month and then i too will probably join you.

Chin up you guys

Steady on, nows our chance!!

1st Wizzard

In a perfect world, no one would have such a siginificant shareholding, although there is nothing to prevent this club being 100% owned by one individuial, if they so desired, other than lack of finances, of course.

Please remember how this situation came about. The Fat Man had a majority share holding, which he sold, if memory serves me correct, to Watling. No-one had any problems with that at the time and Delia and her husband subsequently acquired the majority holding.

They, together with other directors, partly underwrote the last share issue. Had this of been 100% taken up by the general public, they would have had 50.1% of all shares. It wasn''t, so they ended up with a higher percentage. That percentage will reduce if the current share application is 100% taken up.

As I say, doesn''t make it right, but with a private limited company, such situations aren''t uncommon.

Incidentially, it''s the executive officers who run this club on a day to day basis, not the Board. The directors hold regular board meeting to review progress, or lack thereof, review budgets etc.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Please correct me if I''m wrong (and I''m sure you will) but has Mr & Mrs Deliia Smith, 52% of the club shares , thus in effect controling the club.

If so, I thought that after Mr Chase demise, supporters stated that they did not want this total power situtaion ever happening again. I also believe at the time, certainly at some Anti Chase meetings I attented, that even the mighty Mr Blowers even called for that. Of course if I''m wrong on this matter I apologise in advance to all concerned.

Now we now know Hucks and Crouch aint comming, well thats just bl***y great!. In my opinion I believe its Mr Chase all over again!. Nice Cafe etc, but can''t afford players, typical.

Its no good me offering solutions, I''M NOT PRIVY TO SENSITIVE INFORMATION (can you grasp that fact?), I would have too much ambition for the club to ever be a board member, even if I was in that finacial position anyway,

What would be the damn point ( and I''m assuming here) when just two people pull all the strings and have the final word. I shall give this lot the benefit of a months results, before I make too many judgements, thats only fair.

But Yes, I''m really angry and dissapointed (again) at the moment.

Just looking through the old posts and thought it interesting to see that it''s not just recently that the board is full of moaners - been like that for years.  Also goes to show that Delia et al got the blame for not signing Hucks....
[/quote]