Sign in to follow this  
ca

My plea to Norwich fans

If you care about this club just one tiny bit then for God''s sake stand up to be counted and join the protest next Saturday.

I can''t honestly believe that there is one single Norwich fan left who can defend Worthless anymore especially after his after match comments last Saturday.

He must have been the only person at the game who thought that was one of our best away performances this season. Neil Adams disagreed, reputable papers like the Telegraph disagreed and every fan who was at Preston disagreed.

He''s lost the plot and if you can''t see what he''s doing to our club then you''re living in cuckoo land.

Lets fight for what we used to have and not put up with what we''ve got now anymore. We deserve better, you know we do!!!

I''m with you cityangel, even though it means getting up earlier to get there from reading [|-)] i dont think i could forgive myself if i didnt try and show the board and the manager how i feel, and i really hope lots of other people will be there making there voices heard too.

the way things are heading at NCFC at the moment are frightening and depressing, they have to change, soon!

Agreed!

I didn''t go to Preston so have to rely on others but if Neil Adams has said (as he did) that ''there is no way I can excuse this performance'' and Adam Drury saying.....''nothing happened'', then you have to say it must have been bad. Truth is that we have a manager who accepts mediocrity - he always has done, particularly away from home. He would be absolutely thrilled if we drew every single away match 0-0.

I understand that the Worthy Out campaign are organising petitions on Easter Monday. This time, instead of walking past these people only to sit on your hands moaning for 90 mins, please DO SOMETHING and make damn sure you sign the petition (assuming the thing gets off the ground on the day). Too many fans just do exactly what the Board want which is ''pay up, turn up, shut up and go home'' . Only ACTION will finally bring this brain dead Board to it''s senses.  

It is the Board who need to be hounded, they are just hiding behind Worthy. They have the ultimate responsibility, after all do they not ''manage the manager''?

With Worthy in charge and the current divisive atmosphere, how on earth is anything going to improve next season without a wholsesale change of management team?    

Time to unite ........... one and all otherwise its more of the same next season who can get anything from this season?? Time for change NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Just for clarification, Angel, do mean next Monday evening (against QPR) or at the last game - Sunday 30th (against Wolves)?

I assume you mean next Monday. [:)]

i''m with you angel[A][;)]

having scanned every bit of coverage desperately searching for someone else who saw it ''the worthy way'' i actually managed to find one statistic that was very encouraging; Offsides=0. Well maybe old worthers original has come to the conclusion that if we do not attack we wont be offside!

I meant Monday 17th against QPR and the last game against Wolves on the Sunday 30th

I''m so angry that I can''t think straight and am getting all my days mixed up.

Or you could just support the team, who are already drained of confidence after a p1ss-poor season, in a hope to bring the best out of them?

But that would be silly . . . everyone knows having people constantly calling for your head improves performance!

Sticking your head in the sand changes things though doesn''t it....

If the fans can''t complain and raise serious doubt about what''s going on after this season when will they be allowed to??? It''s been disastrous and it''s down to one thing: The Management, injuries have been light (relatively remember squad size is down to Nige who was happy with it in August), transfers diabolical, tactics woeful...  This season has been throughly unacceptable, and there is NO evidence that next year would change, so get rid of the broken cogs....

You read Waghorn''s analysis of player of the year and have to laugh... a centre-half (Of a team with negative goal difference), a permanent crock who has played 25% of games, and a fans favourite who has been so under-par it''s not true.... that doesn''t smack of a decent side does it? strikes you of a team that is struggling beyond all doubt.

[quote user="cityangel"]

If you care about this club just one tiny bit then for God''s sake stand up to be counted and join the protest next Saturday.

I can''t honestly believe that there is one single Norwich fan left who can defend Worthless anymore especially after his after match comments last Saturday.

He must have been the only person at the game who thought that was one of our best away performances this season. Neil Adams disagreed, reputable papers like the Telegraph disagreed and every fan who was at Preston disagreed.

He''s lost the plot and if you can''t see what he''s doing to our club then you''re living in cuckoo land.

Lets fight for what we used to have and not put up with what we''ve got now anymore. We deserve better, you know we do!!!

[/quote]No I wont go to the protest this Saturday precisely for the reasons you have pointed out. I am fed up with it all - the reasons I would see fit to have Worthington removed for are not the drivel that has been posted on hear time and time again.As I have said before this protest is floored simply because people look back to the golden era - the 1950''s, the Milk Cup Win or the magical Europe extravaganza in Germany etc.I have no reason to look back to those times and say that Worthington is not good enough because he hasnt re-created those times. I look to the future and if I was to go on a protest it would be because I am not certain that the direction we are going in at the moment is an improvement on the last time we were in this division - taking into account the rebuilding factors etc I still would have liked to have seen us put in a bid for promotion even if by the play-offs.The protest has grown negative and not positive in its ways - it has been unorganised and not well voiced at all. I have no reason to support it although we possibly share and equal belief. I believe that unfortunately it has been allowed to become a farce and a rabble. This is no insult to the protestors but unless you are saying one thing that can be backed up with reality its just a bunch of people saying this that and the other and who want european cup football back.I am politicaly minded and I do not like to be branded or labeled with something I do not nessisarily agree with. The labelling that has gone on between fans is despicable - it should never happen. Fans should never turn on fans of the same club and it has happened. And maybe it has happened on both "sides" but I would say that on this website although I have repeatedly said that I don''t nessisarily support Worthington staying I have been treated as such and been on the end of rediculous accusations and insults.These are the reasons I wish to have nothing to do with any protest. My opinion is not that of those protesting and should it be I would still be disgusted with the way some of them have conducted themselves whether it be their fault or the lack of any true leadership or spokesman for their voice to be projected through.

[quote user="passdinho"]

Or you could just support the team, who are already drained of confidence after a p1ss-poor season, in a hope to bring the best out of them?

But that would be silly . . . everyone knows having people constantly calling for your head improves performance!

[/quote]

and i suppose keeping NW as manager will improve performances.

Chicken - what a rambling, inarticulate and incoherent pile of pants! I have no idea of what are you trying to say??!!

"Fans should never turn on fans of the same club", in one sentence, " drivel that has been posted on hear (sic) time and time again" in another. Slight contradiction there, I would suggest!

"Get a grip", as some people like to say on this Board.

Quite rightly, people will protest about this lamentable position in which we find the Club. It''s nothing to do with wanting European Football, as you so blithely suggest; football of any quality or description would be welcomed, not the hoofball that we''re playing now. The protesters are making their feelings known, acting positively in adverse circumstances. If only Delia and Co would act in the same positive manner - this Club and its supporters would be back up their feet in an instant.

Worthy Out. 

[quote user="passdinho"]

[/quote]

The team HAVE been well supported  , week in and week out  , for most of the season ... even though   this seems to have had NO effect  on a team that just can`t get their act together  ! 

So here we are , at the arse end of the season  ,  with only one thing to be thankful for , and that is not being relegated   !    which speaks volumes for the quality of the clubs below us  !!

From the Prem to mid table  in the championship  has been a hard pill to swallow , given the much mooted  forecasts that we would  be right up there  in the promotion stakes ,  on top of which is the dreary football  we`ve had to watch !   the only positive  going into the next season  , is that this  thought mode will have gone , replaced with the reality   that we are in the same boat as most of the clubs in this division ...

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

Chicken - what a rambling, inarticulate and incoherent pile of pants! I have no idea of what are you trying to say??!!

"Fans should never turn on fans of the same club", in one sentence, " drivel that has been posted on hear (sic) time and time again" in another. Slight contradiction there, I would suggest!

"Get a grip", as some people like to say on this Board.

Quite rightly, people will protest about this lamentable position in which we find the Club. It''s nothing to do with wanting European Football, as you so blithely suggest; football of any quality or description would be welcomed, not the hoofball that we''re playing now. The protesters are making their feelings known, acting positively in adverse circumstances. If only Delia and Co would act in the same positive manner - this Club and its supporters would be back up their feet in an instant.

Worthy Out. 

[/quote]Its interesting really how badly someone can try to interprit comments they dont like. I have said that fans should never turn on fans of the same club - when I say that I mean some of the scuffles and abuse hurled by both sides - especially when someone tries to produce a well thought counter argument. So far I would say that only maybe one or two of the posts I have recieved as replies have been anything near what your version of "articulate and coherent".Yes I labelled some of the posts as drivel because they have been nothing more than insults - insults are not arguments nor opinions, they are simply ignorance and represent nothing more than a lack of being able to explain, describe or deal with emotions and tough situations.As I have said I am not against the protest but whilst it is nothing more than a rabble it will get no further, I said this before the last failed attempt at a protest and I say it again. At the moment there are many voices shouting different things and someone in there is getting it right. Untill people are able to come up with the right words for the impact required the board can switch off to it. For a protest to work you need more than a chant that people can get behind.For example the club is about progress - rather than just say you want Worthington out you should question whether this season is progress and that one of the strongest options for an improvement is a change of manager to bring in new energy and a renewed belief around the club. Perhaps Worthington is not a bad manager but like many good things in life - they dont last forever.That way they actually have to think about a response rather than "We are standing by our man". Even if they think progress is being made you have a bucket load of ammunition to fire at them.You must get them on the defencive and then start applying the pressure. It was working - you got various people to release comments through the press. Where was the counter attack? No where. Infact the protesters have allowed themselves to become sheep. First told what to do by the supporters group then by the club and so far when they have said jump it has been done.Ideally if the campaign was that heartfelt and that strong people would have kept going come rain or shine. My opinion differs slightly to everyone else because I dont want Worthington out as priority - I want an improvement in football. My terms would be:1. Limited transfer kitty unless the players we are attempting to sign are sure bets - no more Etuhu "he will be good for us" signings.2. Let Worthington know he is now working for his contract. We wont renew it we will simply let him earn a renewal. This would turn up the heat on him and he may decide to leave in which case nothing is lost.3. Make it clear that what we are looking for is class not nessisarily results.Unlike some I don''t think Worthington is the sole reason for this season and I think he has been unlucky with injuries. I am almost certain that had Jarvis been fit we would not have had seen Lisbie brought in and would have seen him given a run out.This was the comment I was mainly responding to with regards to the "golden days". You cant deny that this is actually a very negative way of looking at things. And as others have pointed out there are other clubs who feel this - everyone would love to see real classy football return to them. The fact of the matter is that other than Reading this season how many clubs have we played who are actually that great at knocking the ball about?"Lets fight for what we used to have and not put up with what we''ve got now anymore. We deserve better, you know we do!!!"

Chicken,

This is what you have posted

Ideally if the campaign was that heartfelt and that strong people would have kept going come rain or shine. My opinion differs slightly to everyone else because I dont want Worthington out as priority - I want an improvement in football. My terms would be:

1. Limited transfer kitty unless the players we are attempting to sign are sure bets - no more Etuhu "he will be good for us" signings.
2. Let Worthington know he is now working for his contract. We wont renew it we will simply let him earn a renewal. This would turn up the heat on him and he may decide to leave in which case nothing is lost.
3. Make it clear that what we are looking for is class not nessisarily results.

Explain to us how you''re going to get an improvement in football if we have the same Management & Coaching Team here next season.

then

Tell us how we''re going to let Worthless know that he''s working for his contract? If there''s no protest and full attendances, everyone will assume we''re happy wont they?

I have to agree with what has been said, and sadly disagree with Chicken. I say sadly, as in a perfect world he would be right. But it''s not perfect.

My main concern is the future, and if we''re being honest can you really see things getting any better next season with Nige at the helm? Where are the bright young players waiting to get into the first tem? Even if we did have players waiting, Nigel has shown he has no confidence in them, and will only give them the chance when there is nothing to play for. Our ever dwindling transfer kitty will only bring mor eof the same, and we would only play the same old tactics.

At the start of the season I really thought that we would finsih in either first or second place, a playoff berth at worst. I think that a mid-table finish is so far below expectations, and what was required of the season, that the only way forward is to part company with Nige. As the head of the coaching team, he must have to carry the can for what has happeend, and the attitude that the team has gone out onto the pitch on most occasions.

I will probably not protest at the last two home games, as I really don''t think it is going to do any good with the board; the protest has made their point; and now with nothing to play for, we will see what the furure direction of the club will be. He has promised to give youth a chance. I think it would be right to give someone the chance this season to run the rule over the sauad, but in truth we know the board will not do this. We also know in our hearts that Nigel will be in charge next season, as the board seem willing to give him chances beyond count.

What I cannot accept is the fact that quite clearly there are players at the club once again who seem just happy to turn up to pick up their wages; Nigel began as manager by clearing players with this attitude out; I would rather see Spillane and co out on the pitch giving 100% that so-called professionals cruising along in neutral. As paying supports we are well within out rights to complain, and for players to think otherwise is niave. Sadly, I think more sarcastic cheering when a pass finds it''s intended objective; in other words it could be another quiet day at the Carra.

unfortunately when teams underperform to the level we are, it usually takes a new manager to sort it out - rightly or wrongly this is how it is.  i''m sure nigel will do a  good job elsewhere, and i wish him every success in the future wherever he ends up, but while we have quality players, we need a manager who can get the best out of them.   i don''t believe worthy is that person any longer, he''s shown that this and last year.

The problem is that I dont feel that the protest is nor will work.Not whilst there is nothing solid behind it. This is no dissrispect to those that try and get something behind it going but untill there is someone a bit like a union leader or something that the fans can put forward to be a voice and to really take the war of words to the board no progress will be made.Simple as that. I dont think a turnaround is beyond Worthington but nor do I think the present course of action is having any such affect. Nor does it carry my sentiment and it comes across far to negative.Thats my stance like it or not.

chicken i know who you are , now who has got lots of "chicken" farms ? who calls himself "chicken"  i shall expose you to evrybody,you are in fact,  your name betrays you .you are in fact a norwich city board member .who is king "chicken" mike foulger, we can''t take your post seriously anymore. 

I would go even further and plead with every city supporter to show your feelings to this deaf board of ours inside Carrow Road during the game, why not what the hell do you think would happen, maybe Delia might just be annoyed, tough this club belongs to us the supporters, not the board or the players, or the management staff.

As already said we have sweet fat nothing left to play for now, and if you think that their pride is at stake just ask yourselves have they shown much of that this season, no  is the answer.

We have 2 opportunities left to us now to ram our feelings down the boards throat, and it seems there are an awfull lot of unhappy people on this board and rightly so.

Collectively the fans can change the boards mind if they see and hear  that the majority of Carrow Road want Worthless and his team sacked.

I dont know like everyone else just how many fans want this to happen, but I would be astounded if it is just a small minority of hardcore fans.

At the end of the day we the fans get what we deserve because of the appathy shown by many supporters in as much they say well what can we do if the board refuse to act.

The answer is we can do a hell of a lot collectively. The board cannot and would not ignore the fellings of the majority of fans. Demonstrations are fine outside the ground, but for real impact it needs to be inside during a game and preferably live on Sky Sports, though there is a fat chance of that now.

Can you imagine just how embarresed Delia and the board would be if the Nation could see what is happening at Carrow Road. Delia and the board must be made to feel uncomfortable we have not achieved that so far.

I shall be at Carrow Road next home game to demonstrate with the fans outside the ground but it would really help if the Snakepit and the Barclay End  stood up to sing just what they want and just may be the rest of the ground will follow them and stand up and sing for the removal of Worthless and his team.

Lets be having you come on, what an impact that would have.

I rest my case for the prosecution I would like a reply so get writing.

I do hope my thoughts will not be sensored by the Pinkun as I believe many fans would agree with me.

O.T.B.C.

City till I die.

Well said Cockneyella, it is all to easy for Delia and the Board to ignore protests outside

the ground but another thing entirely when it is happening all around them, Please all City

fans who love this club let them know how the vast majority feel ( I personally have not spoken

to one other Fan who wants Worthless to stay) if we don''t we had better look forward to

more hoofball next season and mid-table mediocrity at best, incidentally i thought Worthless''s

post match interview on Saturday must have sent the cliche meter well past the red zone with his

new mainstay " Well that''s Football" being seriously overused.

OTBC

Chicken,

You didnt answer my questions to you in my previous post, not chickening out are we?

Cockneyyella is absolutely correct. The place to make the real noise is in the ground where NW, Delia et al will be forced to listen to it.

I believe some of the local press frequent this message board, it would help if they could ensure that all articles after the game should emphasise the point that the protests are against the management and board - NOT the players themselves. Any protestors questioned should also ensure that this particular point is made clear. The protest inside the ground should of course go on even if we are winning - this is about the future of the club, not one end of season game.

I have been a WO since the start of the season, I had no confidence at all that he would get us up. I do, however, well understand the board''s view that he deserved a chance. For me, that chance should have ended in January. I honestly believe that the board must already be considering a change in the Summer, I simply cannot believe that they watched the Preston game, listened to NWs post-match comments and could come to the conclusion that this was the man they wanted to continue to attempt to take our club forward.

As for NW himself, I would have hoped that he would have resigned with his dignity intact. Once again I kind of understand his stance, he clearly loves the area he lives in and his family is settled there - for those of us old enough to have wives and kids, that is a big deal. I guess he has been thinking that he would be able to turn things around and get the club out of this mess - unfortunately, he has been unable to and now needs to go. 

For those who will be there on Saturday, please protest long and hard inside the ground and make the board''s mind up for them.

Mark .Y.

I don''t beleive that the irony, sarcasm, caustic wit and latent hostility of  25,000 people can be ignored for long. Its a better tool for change than hysterical ranting, protests, organised or otherwise. For one, by sitting in silence, one can''t be embroiled in confrontations with pro worthington zealots, such as like infest this board from time to time. the power of the atmosphere at recent games has struck home, even away supporters are picking up on the tension, and not even a stubborn head in the sand board like ours can ignore this forever. It will continue, I believe,  as long as the garbage we are constantly served up is allowed to remain. The board would also do well to recognise, that while Worthington and his coaching staff are deemed the main culprits, and the players are also largely culpable for this disgraceful season of going through the motions, that they themselves are driving a wedge between themselves and the support. Only a stupid person cannot see that a root and branch overhaul is needed at all levels of the club, and quickly, in order to prevent a terminal decline. The seeds of a potentially disastrous season ahead are already being sewn.   

I dont see how any fans can excuse the football we have had to watch this season, i cant remember the last time i went away from a game and actually thought we played well. As for the worthy out protests i agree with chicken and think they have been poorly organised with no real progress being made. However we dont need protests, all we have to do is bring the worthy out chants and banners into the ground where neither the board or worthy will be able to hide. And why wait til the end of games before we start letting our ideas being heard "its not nice for the players", so it hasnt been nice for me or anyone else to watch my team get battered against temas such as qpr, luton, and crystal palace where i payed £30 for a ticket to watch us get beat 4-1.
enough is enough, if worthy is such a nice man like everyone seems to say he is, why doesnt he leave?
the reality is he knows hes got it good at norwich, with a soft board who will allow poor perfromances and results, and many of the fans as they are just happy chase isnt around anymore.
i wsnt going to go to qpr but this thread has renewed hope in me that us (the fans) can make a difference.
OTBC.

The trouble is that you are not a loyal fan and no nothing about football. If you cared about the club you would protest instead of writing your boaring comments.

DuncanMirams.

You summed it up in your last sentence, us fans can make a difference. If we stick together and grow in numbers they can''t ignore us.

I renew my plea, if you care about the club, join the protest, sign the petition and lets get our club back to its former glory.

Cityangel

I agree. Something needs to be done urgently before things get even worse. The board don''t seem to have the guts to act so we need to up the pressure. It''s sad it''s come to this but the quicker it happens the quicker we can return to normal and enjoy cheering on a quality performance again!